FFC and ADwD shot together

Lucky Pierre

Why two seasons, Ran? I think that it can easily fit into one. A lot of the things in AFFC that span over countless pages can take quite less time when filmed and I can only assume that ADWD will be the same case.

Besides, I've heard a lot of folk complain how AFFC was a drop in the quality of the series after ASOS and how there is too much filler in it. Now, [i]I [/i]personally enjoyed it as much as the other books, but I've seen and heard such comments. If however, we get AFFC [i]and[/i] ADWD in one season, nobody would complain that there is not enough action in it and that there is too much filler content, because it would just thicken the story.

From what I know, most of ADWD will cover the same timeline as AFFC, only with the other half of the cast, so I imagine that it won't be [i]that[/i] hard to adjust the timeline. GRRM could also help them with that.

[quote name='Ran' post='1603751' date='Nov 30 2008, 11.37']Well, I'm dubious that it can all be done in one season, regardless of what people say. ;)[/quote]

I think they're going to have to make ACOK and ASOS 1.5 seasons each, at least.

I think there is a lot in AFFC that will be interesting and worth telling over a full season, and more so with ADwD. I'd prefer them to give each book as many episodes as needed to tell the story correctly.

If that mean the seasons vary in length, so be it.
12 eps for AGOT
20 for ACOK
22 for ASOS
12 for AFFC
16 for ADWD

why not? This is ASOIAF. Seasons are supposed to be out of whack and unpredictable! :-)

i think it's pretty obvious that affc/adwd will be combined and then slit appropriately. yes a lot of affc could be shrunk down but we don't know how much of adwd could be. and if 2 seasos is too much for them, surely asos could easily compensate and combine it was the next.

[quote name='Ran' post='1603661' date='Nov 30 2008, 09.22']The obvious solution is that they piece AFfC and ADwD together and cover it over two seasons, I think. I don't think they logistically they can film two seasons at the same time.[/quote]

Sorry-that is what I was trying to say. I think it will be cool to see it all together.

[quote name='Barack's Lucky Pierre' post='1603901' date='Nov 30 2008, 15.56']Sorry-that is what I was trying to say. I think it will be cool to see it all together.[/quote]

Its one of those problems the producers have 4 or 5 years to tackle. By then ADWD should be well done and we can make an educated guess rather that supposing one way or the other.

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves discussing season 4 of a pilot that is being shot, but I'd go for combining the two and film in chronological order. This could still make it skewed with regards to cast appearances due to the fact that a lot of characters only set off in search of Dany in AFFC. Then again, if they can skirt around the issue of Jaime being absent for virtually a series and Bran being missing for a good chunk of a season they can probably handle this problem.
If anything I think the abscence of various cast members for near a season might make it possible for the show to land some quality actors (or stars). The problem with a lot of series when popular is that the actors want to try out film or go back to theatre but can't (I think that's part of the reason Lost went down to 16 eps per season). Thanks to the plotting and huge cast of ASOIAF it could be easier to accomodate them.
At the end of the day though ditching arguaby the strongest characters for a season in a tv show could be suicide. At worst they could do alternate episodes for each book but I'm sure they can streamline better than that.

[quote name='Ran' post='1603751' date='Nov 30 2008, 11.37']Well, I'm dubious that it can all be done in one season, regardless of what people say. ;)[/quote]

i agree, dont thinkt here is any way to fit the 2 into 1 season, same way it wasnt possible to fit them into 1 book (without leaving a lot out).

it would make more sense to air them intertwined though, chronogically instead of seperating them how they are in book form.

they would probably be shot all at the same time though i have a feeling. if they could lock in a contract for 2 more seasons at that point.

Archived