Actor Interest Thread MARK 2

Smoldering Hound

Elizabeth:

I agree with above comments. I think that you would make a great Gilly! Based on your photos, mostly. I think you could easily pull off that vulnerable/enduring way she has. I was trying to match you up with other characters but you keep coming back as Gilly!

Jessica:

Bully him! Bully him! Videos! :D

I'm moving house as well. (Look forward to having (non-mobile-phone) internet.) It is time-consuming. Anyway... I've been thinking about Melisandre. The more I do, the more she interests me. Thank you for helping me consider more than one option.

Mona:

I think you would actually make a wonderful Margaery. I think she is pretty kick-ass, albeit in a much different way than Asha and Arianne. I mean, she calls Cersei a vile, scheming, evil bitch! To her face! I think you have the depth to show that she's not just some pretty maiden, nor just some spoiled brat, and that's important to me. You look a lot like how I pictured her, too. Whoever you do try out for, the best of luck to you :)

Anyone heard about auditions?

Anyone heard about auditions?

They just announced a few days ago that the filming (at least for the pilot) will be taking place in Northern Ireland this fall. As far as I know, they still haven't announced the director or the casting director, which they'd probably announce long before any sort of auditions, or "have your people call our people" type info. But now that they have decided officially on a location, hopefully things will start moving quickly.

They just announced a few days ago that the filming (at least for the pilot) will be taking place in Northern Ireland this fall. As far as I know, they still haven't announced the director or the casting director, which they'd probably announce long before any sort of auditions, or "have your people call our people" type info. But now that they have decided officially on a location, hopefully things will start moving quickly.

This fall??? YIPES!!! I just got goose bumps... I'm going to go apply for a passport tomorrow morning. Now I need to save up some cash to travel on and learn how to go about getting an audition.

This fall??? YIPES!!! I just got goose bumps... I'm going to go apply for a passport tomorrow morning. Now I need to save up some cash to travel on and learn how to go about getting an audition.

I just went and looked at the IMDB page ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/ ) - so far it still only lists writers and producers. No directors listed as of yet. It also lists the release data as 2009 - I think this is out of date. If they're filming in the fall, I would think winter/spring 2010 would be a tight push, let alone getting in out this year. There's also an audition thread in among the discussion page, but that looks like people just wishing and wondering as a lot of them date back several months.

In terms of actual auditions, this is the sort of thing where if you're interested in a starring or major roll, you'd probably have to get an agent and do the "have your people call my people" thing. If you're interested in what they call an "under 5" (character with five lines or less), someone who appears in one or 2 scenes in one episode, or an extra, you'd probably have to physically be there in Northern Ireland - I doubt they're gonna be having big general auditions for the common rabble over here in the States, sadly :cry:

That was kind of my thought. Get a pasport, go to Ireland, hope to be able to walk into an under 5, and then fly home with me head held high.

Sounds like a plan - go for it! :thumbsup:

I don't know if you'd need to have a work visa or something, or if a tourist visa would work... (Hey, if you find out, let me know ;) )

Good luck on that guys :) (no sarcasm intended).

I'm just gonna' try for Asha (valid passport and agent). As for vid, my boyfriend works too much...almost a workaholic. When he comes home, I'm like "ASoIaF!!!!!"... he goes "Baby I need sleep." I'll have vids as soon as I can. I might fly home here soon (my mom broke off her engagement :( ) and tape from a webcam.

I'm glad you considered Melisandre. I really think you could pull it off. I still say Mona is more like Gilly. I have no idea why...but yeah :).

Good luck to all! We fans probably won't be cast....but who cares- worth a try right?

• 2 weeks later...
Mona:

I think you would actually make a wonderful Margaery. I think she is pretty kick-ass, albeit in a much different way than Asha and Arianne. I mean, she calls Cersei a vile, scheming, evil bitch! To her face! I think you have the depth to show that she's not just some pretty maiden, nor just some spoiled brat, and that's important to me. You look a lot like how I pictured her, too. Whoever you do try out for, the best of luck to you :)

Thanks so much!

Long time reader, first time poster!

I was hoping you be all be able to help gauge which part I may be right for?

If you click on the 'Download CV' button, you'll see my acting CV with stats etc, and my professional headshot. Also, British Equity member

Thanks!

http://www.cssd.ac.uk/students.php/22/1323...ton_martin.html

Beric or Theon were the first that came to mind. Possibly Garlan Tyrell. Who do you see yourself as, or who would you most like to play?

I thought Theon may work - Beric and Garlan seem a little too . . . handsome and heroic for me, I think; I'm more of a character actor ;)

Willas Tyrell . . . has he actually appeared yet? I remember his description and thinking I might do well there. Or Viserys. As for dream role? Tyrion Lannister or Sandor Clegane, if I looked the part for either. Maybe Davin - they're just so . . . interesting!

I think I'd be quite pleased to be involved in any way, shape or form, to be honest!

Has the actual casting company been announced yet?

I thought Theon may work - Beric and Garlan seem a little too . . . handsome and heroic for me, I think; I'm more of a character actor ;)

Willas Tyrell . . . has he actually appeared yet? I remember his description and thinking I might do well there. Or Viserys. As for dream role? Tyrion Lannister or Sandor Clegane, if I looked the part for either. Maybe Davin - they're just so . . . interesting!

I think I'd be quite pleased to be involved in any way, shape or form, to be honest!

Has the actual casting company been announced yet?

I said Beric 'cause I think you look too trustworthy for Theon ;) But, that said, if you usually do character rather than type, by all means go for that.

I don't think we've actually SEEN Willas yet, but Daven actually would be good, I think (not that Viserys wouldn't, I just seem to picture him with sharper features). Oh, yeah, there are some excellent charatcers for the people who are lucky enough to already look like them. If I were taller I could be... well, lots of people (I'm short). :lol:

As far as I've seen, they've only released a couple executive producers, the director, and Tyrion. But now that the director's been chosen, I'm hoping things'll start cranking up.

Long time reader, first time poster!

I was hoping you be all be able to help gauge which part I may be right for?

If you click on the 'Download CV' button, you'll see my acting CV with stats etc, and my professional headshot. Also, British Equity member

Thanks!

http://www.cssd.ac.uk/students.php/22/1323...ton_martin.html

Beric would certainly fit, maybe even Robb (depending how old they want to make him). Or Jory Cassel.

Archived