Mafia's Diamond Jubilee - Game 60

HT Reddy

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1618917' date='Dec 14 2008, 09.26']Hah! Hippy!

Well, if you live true to your college's statement, then you are not the murderer. But knowing college people, you probably are.[/quote]

How...dare...you! I'll have you know I majored in hippy bullshit and believe that peace is the only true path to enlightenment. It is known.

[quote name='Girton College' post='1618920' date='Dec 14 2008, 12.31']How...dare...you! I'll have you know I majored in hippy bullshit and believe that peace is the only true path to enlightenment. It is known.[/quote]

You majored in hippy bullshit?

Ha, I have already majored in supreme awesomeness and in pirate lore. And I'm now doing my ninja legend major.

I see Girton is a bit of a girly college. :leer:

First residential college for women in England.

[quote]Anecdotes about the distance of Girton from other Cambridge colleges are plentiful—popular legend states that more Cambridge students have visited Delhi than Girton College. Girtonians are known for their chant of "We are Girton—super Girton! No one likes us, but we don't care!", in imitation of the Millwall F.C. fans' song: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care." The reference to "no one likes us" is supposedly due to the relative distance of Girton in comparison to many of the other colleges.[/quote]

So apparently noone else likes Girton. I thought it was just me.

[quote name='Clare College' post='1618927' date='Dec 14 2008, 09.34']Of course, that's what you would say. But few can stand up to the watchful eyes of... the octopus![/quote]

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r-PaW2i_yg"]water[/url]...

:eek:

:leaving:

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1618928' date='Dec 14 2008, 09.35']I see Girton is a bit of a girly college. :leer:

First residential college for women in England.

So apparently noone else likes Girton. I thought it was just me.[/quote]

Are you calling me a girly-man? :cry:

You guys are mean, I'm telling.

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

1 vote for Emmanuel College (Wolfson College)
1 vote for Gonville and Caius College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for New Hall (St. John's College)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for Queens' College (St Catherine's College)
1 vote for St. John's College (Peterhouse)
1 vote for Wolfson College (Emmanuel College)

13 players have not voted: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College.

[quote]Position ↓ College ↓ Tompkins Score (%) ↓ Firsts (%) ↓
1 Selwyn College 68.47 29.9
2 Emmanuel College 68.30 30.6
3 Trinity College 68.27 31.4
4 Gonville & Caius College 67.33 27.9
5 Magdalene College 65.97 24.5
6 Churchill College 65.72 27.1
7 Jesus College 65.60 25.2
8 Christ's College 65.27 25.7
9 Corpus Christi College 65.24 24.1
10 Pembroke College 64.96 24.5
11 St. Catharine's College 64.63 23.5
12 Downing College 64.47 22.8
13 Clare College 64.44 22.5
14 Sidney Sussex College 64.21 20.9
15 Trinity Hall 63.76 19.3
16 Queens' College 63.58 22.3
17 Robinson College 63.32 20.6
18 Peterhouse 63.21 22.9
19 King's College 63.07 22.5
20 St. John's College 62.48 20.5
21 Fitzwilliam College 61.08 18.2
22 Girton College 60.84 15.3
23 Murray Edwards College 60.02 13.9
24 Newnham College 59.96 13.3
25 Homerton College 58.62 13.0
26 Hughes Hall 56.36 20.8
27 Wolfson College 55.13 7.4
28 Lucy Cavendish College 52.60 8.7
29 St Edmund's College 51.55 11.2[/quote]

I have my eye on all you swotty Colleges. Too devious for your own good.

[quote name='New Hall' post='1618955' date='Dec 14 2008, 12.52']I completely fail to understand the British education system. Why are we different, uhm, halls or colleges when we should be just, uhm, Cambridge? That doesn't make any sense, but then, driving on the wrong side of the street doesn't either. :unsure:[/quote]

They're different residences/halls where students staying on campus stay. I find you tend to get different sorts of people in different halls.

[quote name='New Hall' post='1618955' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.52']I completely fail to understand the British education system. Why are we different, uhm, halls or colleges when we should be just, uhm, Cambridge? That doesn't make any sense, but then, driving on the wrong side of the street doesn't either. :unsure:[/quote]

So the University is responsible for most of the teaching, and the colleges house us, feed us and provide an social focal point and provide some of the teaching. You apply to a college not the university, but the university as a whole has systems to even out applications between the colleges. Cambridge (and Oxford) are the archetypal univerities of the English-speaking world - all your stateside institutions are merely pale imitations. But to be fair, the vast majority of Britich universities are more like American ones (well, kind of) only Oxford and Cambridge are true collegiate universities.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1618961' date='Dec 14 2008, 12.55']They're different residences/halls where students staying on campus stay. I find you tend to get different sorts of people in different halls.[/quote]

It's a bit weird, alright. Our British systems are like that. Me, I blame the English. I always blame the English.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1618958' date='Dec 14 2008, 09.53']I have my eye on all you swotty Colleges. Too devious for your own good.[/quote]

Well, at least we are ahead of Wolfson College. [s]But Girton shall rise again! No matter what the cost. We will cheat, kill, and maim to be back on top, this I promise you ahahahah. Out motto is only there to hide the truth from you, WE ARE WARRIORS!!![/s]

Please disregard the last statement. Thank you.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1618961' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.55']They're different residences/halls where students staying on campus stay. I find you tend to get different sorts of people in different halls.[/quote]

yeh but they're much more than just halls of residence. Each is an independent endowed institution.

Archived