Mafia's Diamond Jubilee - Game 60

HT Reddy

[quote name='King's College' post='1619202' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.22']So there's been a lot of posting.

...Uh, so am I the only one that signed up thinking it'd be a game of slow-ish mafia? Right now, I'm kinda concerned about keeping up, but I'm much much more worried with how painful it's going to be to reread. :unsure:[/quote]

I'm not concerned about keeping up, but I do agree that the spam is getting to be too much. This isn't TTTNE.

[quote name='St John's College' post='1619174' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.06']Ah, but think about it. We have to vote within 36(usually) hours. That extra dozen or so will supply more evidence. So I hope.[/quote]

I seriously doubt it will provide much evidence, unless the tone of posts chance sometime soon. I would be more worried about someone trying to deduce evidence from all the RP and joking posts.

[quote name='King's College' post='1619202' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.22']...Uh, so am I the only one that signed up thinking it'd be a game of slow-ish mafia? Right now, I'm kinda concerned about keeping up, but I'm much much more worried with how painful it's going to be to reread. :unsure:[/quote]

To be honest, there is nothing you would need to reread at this point. Besides Clare's bizarre remarks about wanting to get a serious lynch train started, there has been nothing of note.

[quote name='Proctors' Office' post='1619207' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.26']20 players remain: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College..

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

3 votes for Hughes Hall (Girton College, Wolfson College., Clare College)
3 votes for Wolfson College. (Emmanuel College, Pembroke College, Peterhouse)
1 vote for Girton College (Corpus Christi College)
1 vote for Gonville and Caius College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for Pembroke College (Hughes Hall)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for Queens' College (New Hall)
1 vote for Selwyn College (St Catherine's College)

8 players have not voted: Gonville and Caius College, King's College, Magdalene College, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St. John's College.[/quote]

I believe I have an outstanding vote on New Hall.

[quote name='Selwyn College' post='1619179' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.10']on the matter of Wolfy, it is still early day one and he may be just joking around still. Or he might be some FM scum tryin to win everyone over, but i think its too early to tell so until theres more evidence im not gonna accuse him of anything.

But im a little wary of Clare college because of the rush they wanted to vote for Hughes when there are still 40 odd hours left in the day[/quote]

[b]Selwyn[/b] wins the award for most suspicious post so far.

Goes back and forth on Wolfson? Check.

Says its too early to tell so he won't accuse him yet? Check.

Repeats a safe argument against Clare that a few other people have already made. Check

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619221' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.38']I'm not concerned about keeping up, but I do agree that the spam is getting to be too much. This isn't TTTNE.[/quote]

I think it's a side effect of not having too much to actually properly discuss and having 20 people in this game.

I think you need to relax and realise that this start is a lot of fluff.

sorry vote counter deciede not to change the votes.

20 players remain: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College..

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

3 votes for Hughes Hall (Girton College, Wolfson College., Clare College)
2 votes for Selwyn College (St Catherine's College, Pembroke College)
2 votes for Wolfson College. (Emmanuel College, Peterhouse)
1 vote for Girton College (Corpus Christi College)
1 vote for Gonville and Caius College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for New Hall (Sidney Sussex College)
1 vote for Pembroke College (Hughes Hall)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for Queens' College (New Hall)

7 players have not voted: Gonville and Caius College, King's College, Magdalene College, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, St. John's College.

PS once you start lynching and killing it will be a lot easyier for me.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619214' date='Dec 14 2008, 12.31']Isn't that a direct contradiction of what you said earlier?[/quote]

No, before everything I said was a lie. Now everything I say is the truth. If you believe me....

[quote]Yeah, we believe you. If it was poison you'd be dead. You're not dead. At least I don't think you are...[/quote]

Your posion was weak, it was feeble. Or maybe it wasn't poison, just lime with the cocanut. My mistake, sorry Wolfie.

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619221' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.38']I'm not concerned about keeping up, but I do agree that the spam is getting to be too much. This isn't TTTNE.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619229' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.41']I think it's a side effect of not having too much to actually properly discuss and having 20 people in this game.

I think you need to relax and realise that this start is a lot of fluff.[/quote]

What I realize is that among those spamming with RP and jokes are almost assuredly killers who are padding their post counts. Those with high post counts can be looked over the first few days if there is little "evidence", as they are seen as at least contributing and not as dispensable as those with low post counts. This worries me. It is, in essence, like giving a free ride to those who spam early and often no matter what their affiliation.

I realize there is not much to talk about seriously at this point, but that doesn't mean those of us who aren't that interested in RP have to like being on the bottom of the post count list and thus possibly put in the "expendable" category in potential future situations.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619229' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.41']I think it's a side effect of not having too much to actually properly discuss and having 20 people in this game.[/quote]

I just posted something thats worth discussing. If you can't find something, then you aren't really looking.

[quote name='Trinity']I think you need to relax and realise that this start is a lot of fluff.[/quote]

But why should it be? The time for fluff is over. If you want to post spam, go into a thread that was made for spam. If you're going to post here, then play mafia.

[quote name='Sidney Sussex College' post='1619235' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.46']What I realize is that among those spamming with RP and jokes are almost assuredly killers who are padding their post counts. Those with high post counts can be looked over the first few days if there is little "evidence", as they are seen as at least contributing and not as dispensable as those with low post counts. This worries me. It is, in essence, like giving a free ride to those who spam early and often no matter what their affiliation.[/quote]

It's a good point. Wolfson (in particular) is way out in the lead in post count, but hasn't said anything of note yet.

[quote name='Peterhouse' post='1619161' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.00']We aren't anywhere near needing to find a compromise vote. I don't like the sudden pile up on Hughes Hall and I would hate to see the day rushed for no reason at all.

The votes on Queens' College are both rp.

I think the votes on Wolfson College were in jest, but seriously, anyone who tries too hard to make friends with everyone is suspicious. Vote [b]Wolfson College[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Selwyn College' post='1619179' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.10']on the matter of Wolfy, it is still early day one and he may be just joking around still. Or he might be some FM scum tryin to win everyone over, but i think its too early to tell so until theres more evidence im not gonna accuse him of anything.

But im a little wary of Clare college because of the rush they wanted to vote for Hughes when there are still 40 odd hours left in the day[/quote]
I like the way Selwyn College pretty much repeats what Creepy Peterhouse says here, does nothing, and then tosses in some more "opinions" on Clare College, without voting.

[b]Selwyn College[/b]

[quote name='St Catherine's College' post='1619239' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.48']It's a good point. Wolfson (in particular) is way out in the lead in post count, but hasn't said anything of note yet.[/quote]

Does that incriminate me? Oh, I'm so worried at the moment. :smoking:

But I know...things...about you all. I stick by my vote.

[quote name='St Catherine's College' post='1619239' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.48']It's a good point. Wolfson (in particular) is way out in the lead in post count, but hasn't said anything of note yet.[/quote]

That's partially what made me speak up. I recall last game, The Man Who led the post count immediately and he turned out to be evil. It doesn't mean the post count leader is evil, but it does help prove my point.

Although as I have read through the thread I have gotten a funny feeling about Wolfson. There seems to be a genuine effort to appear in the thick of things while, as St. Catherine says, not saying anything of note. In other words, Wolfson makes my spider sense tingle.

[quote name='Sidney Sussex College' post='1619225' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.40']To be honest, there is nothing you would need to reread at this point. Besides Clare's bizarre remarks about wanting to get a serious lynch train started, there has been nothing of note.[/quote]
Allow me to rephrase a little.

Yeah, I expect a lot of random crap early Day 1. It's no problem. What I'm concerned with is how active we are (and I'm sure that'll slow down a little after we get serious) coupled with really, really long days. By Day 3, we'll still have 16 players and if it keeps going at this rate, there'll be at least 30+ pages, and that's quite a conservative estimate, to go through on a reread. That's... a little daunting.

In other news, I think Clare's strange reason on his vote makes him seem more innocent. There is no bloody way in hell that an FM's that stupid. I mean, what a conspicuous move. I'm a little suspicious of the people that've voiced suspicions on him, and given that this is day 1, a little suspicious is a lot suspicious.

[quote name='King's College' post='1619202' date='Dec 14 2008, 13.22']So there's been a lot of posting.

...Uh, so am I the only one that signed up thinking it'd be a game of slow-ish mafia? Right now, I'm kinda concerned about keeping up, but I'm much much more worried with how painful it's going to be to reread. :unsure:[/quote]

Nope, I am in the same boat. (The sort you go punting in, to appear more...Cambridgian.) I understand that some people get overexcited when a new game starts, but if the game maintains its current growth rate, I'm never going to be able to keep up.

[quote name='St. John's College']I like the way Selwyn College pretty much repeats what Creepy Peterhouse says here, does nothing, and then tosses in some more "opinions" on Clare College, without voting.[/quote]

[i]I[/i] like the way Selwyn has a negative opinion on Wolfson without actually voting for them. Since Selwyn won't do it, I will. [b]Wolfson[/b]

Archived