Kissed by Fyre!

Andhaira

• 2 months later...

Ygritte isn't Mel.

They look diferent.

Why she said "You know nothing, Jon Snow."? Options are:

#1 She saw him in the flames just accidentally.

#2 She was spying Jon.

#3 She said that just accidentally

I believe that she was spying Jon when he become LC. She look his past, too.

• 4 months later...

I used to post here quite a lot a few years back. Decided to get amongst it again, guess I'm getting bored of waiting for aDwD.

On this topic I was wondering how deep Mel's knowledge of Jon goes and if she is aware of R+L=J. The fires don't always tell the future the seem to more reveal valuable information for R'hlor(sp?) followers to decipher. As Mel puts it the fires are always right but the person reading it may not see the real truth. So taking that into mind if she was to learn the truth of Jon's parentage would she pass that information on to Stannis as he may be the true king's blood that he seeks? Does that have something to do with her line about the enemies that smile at him? Or would she as I believe begin to see Jon in a different light and understand that Stannis is just a pretender?

• 3 months later...

I have wondered if the superstition of someone being lucky because they were "kissed by fire" might have degenerated from an older tradition where someone who was literally "kissed by fire" i.e. burned in some fashion, had some protection against Darkness/Coldness/Others. Several characters whom I believe to be "main" ones have suffered burnings of one sort or another. I realize the current wildling superstition is for those with red hair.

I have wondered if the superstition of someone being lucky because they were "kissed by fire" might have degenerated from an older tradition where someone who was literally "kissed by fire" i.e. burned in some fashion, had some protection against Darkness/Coldness/Others. Several characters whom I believe to be "main" ones have suffered burnings of one sort or another. I realize the current wildling superstition is for those with red hair.

You actually just got me to think this variation on the "kissed by fire" means lucky bit... What if it comes from the past when the people who were kissed by fire came back to life, as in they were given the kiss and got up, and people started the lucky = kissed by fire thing because they escaped death.

Archived