Dany's Boy

Adelle Tully

I was thinking about it and wondering what male character (or female for that matter) Dany is going to end up with.

Jorah is a nice thought, but that would be too good to be true. I also think that Jon isn't going to go there. And Jaime is falling for the ugle wench Brienn, so any ideas? I thought it would be ironic (though highly unlikely) that she ends up with Samwell Tarly!!!!

[quote name='Krafus' post='1618810' date='Dec 14 2008, 14.18']Jon, because of Dany's visions in the House of the Undying.[/quote]

Oh yes because of the Winter Rose in the Ice that "supposedly" means only Jon despite it having as much chance to be Arya

If she must i hope someone unpredictable maybe Victarion

[quote name='the silent speaker' post='1619146' date='Dec 14 2008, 20.50']If I must nominate some match, I put forth Dany/Arya/Ned Dayne.[/quote]Goddamn AMEN.

[quote name='untornguy' post='1619164' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.02']Is there any reason no one is mentioning the strongly implied Quentyn-Dany match that Doran is seeking?[/quote]Probably because we never saw Quentyn so he cannot get popularity support, and he doesn't really match any prophecies or the way the story is going, so people speculate on other more likely candidates.

No one. I saw she re-conquers Westeros, saves the world from the Others, rules kindly and justly for the rest of her days, and puts laws in motion that will establish a Republic when she dies.

That would be the best available "happily ever after" ending, I think. :) Other people on these forums don't seem to like that though! :P

Well, it would still be a little bittersweet, her being alone for the rest of her life.

Branfangd;

[quote]Oh yes because of the Winter Rose in the Ice that "supposedly" means only Jon despite it having as much chance to be Arya[/quote]

When Dany has her sexual fantasies, she thinks of being with some man, not with a woman. And while she once explicitely took Irri into her bed, IMO it had more to do with relieving tension than with really wanting Irri herself - heck, afterward Dany even briefly contemplates returning the favor, but chooses not to do so. So while Dany has shown herself willing to have sex with women, IMO it's a man she really wants.

As to the winter rose representing Arya, 1) Arya hasn't ever been at the Wall doesn't look likely to get there anytime soon and 2) winter roses are associated with Lyanna, not Catelyn.

[quote]Is there any reason no one is mentioning the strongly implied Quentyn-Dany match that Doran is seeking?[/quote]

I did think about it, but the original poster referred to who Dany would end up with. I actually consider Quentyn the likeliest candidate for Dany to marry in ADwD, but while she may be fond and even somewhat loving of him, I doubt that will surpass what she'll feel once she meets Jon.

[quote]2) winter roses are associated with Lyanna, not Catelyn.[/quote]
Arya is also repeatedly associated with Lyanna, and the blue rose has other associations with House Stark besides Lyanna (the Bael the Bard story comes to mind). Anyway I dispute the consensus view of that vision and maintain that Jon appears in it, but as the wall of ice and [i]not [/i]the blue flower (which correct me if I'm wrong wasn't even identified explicitly as a rose in the first place).

[quote name='Krafus' post='1619463' date='Dec 14 2008, 23.43']Branfangd;

When Dany has her sexual fantasies, she thinks of being with some man, not with a woman. And while she once explicitely took Irri into her bed, IMO it had more to do with relieving tension than with really wanting Irri herself - heck, afterward Dany even briefly contemplates returning the favor, but chooses not to do so. So while Dany has shown herself willing to have sex with women, IMO it's a man she really wants.

As to the winter rose representing Arya, 1) Arya hasn't ever been at the Wall doesn't look likely to get there anytime soon and 2) winter roses are associated with Lyanna, not Catelyn.[/quote]

I know that.

Yes Jon is a representation of the Wall But no where has he been associated with the Winter Rose, I said Arya Because although Catelyn's Daughter she is the person who inherited her (lyanna) Wild wolf Ways she shares the majority of parralls with lyanna the only character represented by the Winter Rose

Using thye winter Rose as the sole pillar to claiming that Jon for Dany is as fullproof as me saying Rickon will be her man cause he's dangerous and has blue eyes,

[quote name='Krafus' post='1619463' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.43']Branfangd;

I did think about it, but the original poster referred to who Dany would end up with. I actually consider Quentyn the likeliest candidate for Dany to marry in ADwD, but while she may be fond and even somewhat loving of him, I doubt that will surpass what she'll feel once she meets Jon.[/quote]

And why will she fall so deeply in love with Jon? Because they're secretly aunt and nephew and therefore automatically love each other on sight?

Okay, so I do think that Jon and Dany will hook up, but only because it's really funny and ironic from a literary perspective. They're the two characters with the greatest impediments against having children: being a sworn brother, and being barren. Wouldn't it just kick everyone in the face if they had a child?

Archived