Dany's Boy

Adelle Tully

[quote name='Krafus' post='1621684' date='Dec 16 2008, 22.17']That's a possibility, yes. Another is that the Wall is symbolic of what will happen to Jon himself in ADwD - his heart will turn to ice from being Lord Commander (a process that's already started judging from the ADwD spoilers), and the blue rose represents the love that Dany will eventually manage to bring out of his frozen emotional shell.[/quote]I don't know, it feels a bit off. If you take away the Lyanna connection, then the link to the blue rose becomes thin and better suited to other people, especially as it doesn't represent less love than women (essentially, Stark kidnapped/eloping women).

I'm still somewhat partial to the idea that all of Dany's vision in "bride of fire" are literal, and that she will [s]find[/s] be offered a blue rose that grew in a chink of the wall when she will get there. That would be quite the nice reversal in my eyes, Rhaegar whisking away Lyanna after an offering of blue roses, and then, years later, A Stark boy taking a Targaryen maid's heart with a blue rose...

[quote name='Branfangd' post='1621723' date='Dec 16 2008, 14.52']If anyones the personification of North i have to say it's Bran, His connection with the North trumps Jon's any day[/quote]

Will that still hold true after Bran becomes an Other? Just curious.

As for [i]the theory that shall not be named[/i], I find that 90% of the evidence presented in support of that theory is actually evidence against it.

[quote name='Errant Bard' post='1621792' date='Dec 16 2008, 17.30']I'm still somewhat partial to the idea that all of Dany's vision in "bride of fire" are literal, and that she will [s]find[/s] be offered a blue rose that grew in a chink of the wall when she will get there. That would be quite the nice reversal in my eyes, Rhaegar whisking away Lyanna after an offering of blue roses, and then, years later, A Stark boy taking a Targaryen maid's heart with a blue rose...[/quote]

This theory put a big smile on my romantic fangirl heart. :D I love the imagery of the idea. But after Ygritte and his new responsibilities as Lord Commander, would Jon even pursue her? If there's to be a romance between the two, then Dany may have to be the one to initiate it. I am definitely of the opinion that Jon is one of the "heads of the dragon" and one of Dany's last surviving relatives, and that this will all be revealed eventually (maybe at the end of ADWD). But who is the other head? Now that's what keeps me up at night.

I also am not entirely convinced that Dany is barren, because we really haven't seen any physical proof of that outside of MMD's statement (which could be symbolic or outright false). But if it were true, then who's to say that the curse could not be reversed? Magic seems to be getting stronger since the hatching of Dany's dragons, so perhaps a pre-dragon spell (MMD) could not stand up to a post-dragon counterspell. *shrug*

No one. She may keep lovers for sex (male concubines) and considering how she saw the pretty mercenery guy she may end up having a crush or two while she is young and naive, but I`ll probably be disappointed if she develops a deeper romantic interest in anyone.

I hope no one is serious about Arya being a lover of Danys. Absolutely not happening.

I for one would be totally satisfied if Jon and her hooked up. I for some reason really want to see the Targaryens rise from practical extinction to become the ruling house once more, and as far as I can tell Jon is the only way to accomplish that. I don't think Jon and Daenerys together is too cliche, as the whole situation with Jons parentage is supposed to be a surprise that's supposed to shock us all. It would have shocked me if I hadnt come to these boards. A fact that I'm still a little bit bitter about...but its my fault.

[quote name='Red Lion of Castamere' post='1622379' date='Dec 17 2008, 18.29']Honestly...I hope she marries me because she sounds like a hot piece of ass[/quote]

Dude, she's 15... saying that could get you [url="http://www.stuff.co.nz/4786351a1860.html"]arrested [/url]in Australia (if you had any pictures of her on your HD) !

[quote name='Errant Bard' post='1621792' date='Dec 16 2008, 17.30']I'm still somewhat partial to the idea that all of Dany's vision in "bride of fire" are literal, and that she will [s]find[/s] be offered a blue rose that grew in a chink of the wall when she will get there. That would be quite the nice reversal in my eyes, Rhaegar whisking away Lyanna after an offering of blue roses, and then, years later, A Stark boy taking a Targaryen maid's heart with a blue rose...[/quote]

It might be nice, but I just can't see it happening. Everything I've read points to Jon becoming colder and darker, so I just can't envision him opening his heart to Dany from the moment they meet. I expect him to be polite and courteous to her, as he is to Stannis, and maybe even to try to manipulate her for the Watch's benefit if he realizes she's infatuated with him, but nothing more. If there's anything to happen beyond that between the two of them, then IMO it will be Dany who'll have to take care of it.

Maybe she'll have help from some of her followers - Tyrion has already established a relationship with Jon, and Barristan might try to befriend Jon (especially if he's indeed Rhaegar's son), offer him advice, and encourage him to build a rapport with Dany.

Well, ateast we can be sure that she will meet Jon at some point, since Dany is apparently the 'chosen one' that will defeat the Others and she will need the info Jon has.

I'm personally hoping that she ends up with Jorah. Even she knows he'll be back.

[quote name='Strick' post='1623075' date='Dec 17 2008, 12.18']Seriously, I think no one. Or at least no one we've met yet.[/quote]

Hm, I could see her being allowed to live on if she joined with the right no-one... a no-one that we've already met, who is already a POV (thus eliminating the need for all the annoying Dany POVs)... That could actually work...

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1622070' date='Dec 17 2008, 01.25']Will that still hold true after Bran becomes an Other? Just curious.

As for [i]the theory that shall not be named[/i], I find that 90% of the evidence presented in support of that theory is actually evidence against it.[/quote]

Bran will never become a mere Other He's destined either to save the world or become the Night King

[quote name='Hammy' post='1624062' date='Dec 18 2008, 13.43']What I don't understand was why it was just Bran, and not anyone of his other siblings aswell. They're wargs too. Or do all their wolves or they themselves die?[/quote]

He's Just plain stronger than the losers

[u]the Blauer Dragon[/u]
[quote]Hm, I could see her being allowed to live on if she joined with the right no-one... a no-one that we've already met, who is already a POV (thus eliminating the need for all the annoying Dany POVs)... That could actually work...[/quote]

You're a Tyrion Dany follower?

I'll just come back to the initial question of this thread and throw in another candidate:

She'll end up marrying Tommen.
True, he's betrothed to Margery, but the series will run for a few years still and life in westeros is dangerous.

It would be a purely political marriage, binding the richest and most powerful house of the realm to danys cause.
I'm not saying it will happen instantly(I rather think she'll marry Quentin in ADWD, but i don't think that will last)
and I don't think they'll fall in love, but it would be an option when the the whole of the realm will have to face the Others.

Or they could marry AFTER the final war, to reunite the kingdom.

I know Dany hates the Lannisters, but when it comes to political alliance it doesn't really matter if partners hate or love each other.

Archived