Dany's Boy

Adelle Tully

[quote name='Asator' post='1624325' date='Dec 18 2008, 17.15']I'll just come back to the initial question of this thread and throw in another candidate:

She'll end up marrying Tommen.
True, he's betrothed to Margery, but the series will run for a few years still and life in westeros is dangerous.

It would be a purely political marriage, binding the richest and most powerful house of the realm to danys cause.
I'm not saying it will happen instantly(I rather think she'll marry Quentin in ADWD, but i don't think that will last)
and I don't think they'll fall in love, but it would be an option when the the whole of the realm will have to face the Others.

Or they could marry AFTER the final war, to reunite the kingdom.

I know Dany hates the Lannisters, but when it comes to political alliance it doesn't really matter if partners hate or love each other.[/quote]

I think Barristan Selmy might advise against that though. And Dany has proved on more than one occasion that her feelings can affect her judgements.

[quote name='Branfangd' post='1624119' date='Dec 18 2008, 07.52']You're a Tyrion Dany follower?[/quote]

WHAT?!? Tyrion Dany would work... I guess... Personally I think that he could do much better...

I was suggesting Arya Dany instead... I know that Arya could do MUCH better, but...

Honestly, no matter which way it goes, I'm ready to get away from having Dany as a POV character...

[quote name='Hammy' post='1624460' date='Dec 18 2008, 19.52']I think Barristan Selmy might advise against that though. And Dany has proved on more than one occasion that her feelings can affect her judgements.[/quote]

Yep. Dany is often quite emotional in her decisions.. That could change, though.
After all dany is only 15 now and girls her age tend to be guided by their feelings.
At the end of the series she will be about 20, have a lot more experience, probably be wiser when it comes to matters of policy and hopefully have a much sounder judgement that's not basicly affected by her emotions.

I don't really see why Selmy should advise against it, however.

And even if he did, Tyrion probably will be at Dany's side in the near future. If he becomes part of her inner circle of advisers he would IMO be a strong supporter of a match between Dany and Tommen.

It might even be his idea in the first place.

[quote name='Asator' post='1624508' date='Dec 18 2008, 19.24']Yep. Dany is often quite emotional in her decisions.. That could change, though.
[b]After all dany is only 15 now and girls her age tend to be guided by their feelings[/b].
At the end of the series she will be about 20, have a lot more experience, probably be wiser when it comes to matters of policy and hopefully have a much sounder judgement that's not basicly affected by her emotions.

And even if he did, Tyrion probably will be at Dany's side in the near future. If he becomes part of her inner circle of advisers he would IMO be a strong supporter of a match between Dany and Tommen.

It might even be his idea in the first place.[/quote]

I just really found that line funny, the sheer offhandedness of it did you do it intentionally or purposely?

[quote name='Asator' post='1624508' date='Dec 18 2008, 19.24']Yep. Dany is often quite emotional in her decisions.. That could change, though.
After all dany is only 15 now and girls her age tend to be guided by their feelings.

It might even be his idea in the first place.[/quote]

I suppose you're right about Dany and Tyrion but hey Selmy hates the Lannister! He hated Jaime for a start for kingslaying and that was extended to Joffrey when he dismissed him and was extented further to Cersei when she tried to kill him!

[quote name='Hammy' post='1624545' date='Dec 18 2008, 21.46']I suppose you're right about Dany and Tyrion but hey Selmy hates the Lannister! He hated Jaime for a start for kingslaying and that was extended to Joffrey when he dismissed him and was extented further to Cersei when she tried to kill him![/quote]
What precisely does Barristan have against Tommen? Or Myrcella?

If Daenerys reaches Westeros, Tommen is alive and Daenerys is not committed to any man, marrying Tommen would settle quite a number of things. Dany had problems when Jorah wanted to treat her as his wife not his queen. And when she was horny, she considered the problems which might follow from taking one of her bloodriders in her bed.

If Daenerys takes Tommen to her bed, I expect Tommen would easily put up with her wearing the pants. Daenerys will not be quite as dominating to Tommen as Cersei... Another matter is whether bringing up Tommen would feel satisfactory for Daenerys.

[quote name='Hammy' post='1624545' date='Dec 18 2008, 12.46']I suppose you're right about Dany and Tyrion but hey Selmy hates the Lannister! He hated Jaime for a start for kingslaying and that was extended to Joffrey when he dismissed him and was extented further to Cersei when she tried to kill him![/quote]

Selmy might just love the Lannister that is credited with killing both Joff and Tywin...

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1624595' date='Dec 18 2008, 21.14']Selmy might just love the Lannister that is credited with killing both Joff and Tywin...[/quote]

I don't think Tyrion and Selmy will become the best of friends.
Selmy is probably quite conservative when it comes to kinkillers. :)

[quote name='Jaak' post='1624555' date='Dec 18 2008, 19.54']What precisely does Barristan have against Tommen? Or Myrcella?

If Daenerys reaches Westeros, Tommen is alive and Daenerys is not committed to any man, marrying Tommen would settle quite a number of things. Dany had problems when Jorah wanted to treat her as his wife not his queen. And when she was horny, she considered the problems which might follow from taking one of her bloodriders in her bed.

If Daenerys takes Tommen to her bed, I expect Tommen would easily put up with her wearing the pants. Daenerys will not be quite as dominating to Tommen as Cersei... Another matter is whether bringing up Tommen would feel satisfactory for Daenerys.[/quote]

You're perfectly right.

I just realised one thing, though. Tommen and Myrcella are supposed to die before Cersei. :P

[quote name='Hammy' post='1624627' date='Dec 18 2008, 21.39']You're perfectly right.

I just realised one thing, though. Tommen and Myrcella are supposed to die before Cersei. :P[/quote]

Yeah right. :bang:
Had completely forgotten about that prophecy :)
Let's just say if Maggie the Frog was wrong about all her children dying before Cersei, Tommen could be a good candidate for marrying Dany.

[quote name='Hammy' post='1624627' date='Dec 18 2008, 22.39']You're perfectly right.

I just realised one thing, though. Tommen and Myrcella are supposed to die before Cersei. :P[/quote]
This does not mean Cersei cannot spent the next 50 years locked up in some dungeon or septry.

[quote name='Jaak' post='1625644' date='Dec 19 2008, 16.34']This does not mean Cersei cannot spent the next 50 years locked up in some dungeon or septry.[/quote]

I think it's safe to assume that Tommen will die before the series. I'm not saying Tommen + Dany isn't enirely impossible, but just don't count on it.

[quote name='FM Ramsay' post='1626322' date='Dec 19 2008, 22.12']Why not Bran? If he's to become powerful enough to warg with dragons he and Dany might get on beautifully.. well when he gets older of course.[/quote]

Yeah, he most likely cannot acheive an erection, and she is incapable of having children anyway...

Archived