Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Mexal' post='1633979' date='Dec 30 2008, 10.46']Iskaral,

I was Five of Clubs. I was evil. Queen was evil. Nine was our symp.

The reason the game ended is because I ended up booking a very last minute trip to NYC for NYE and then am taking a bus down to visit my parents in DC. I live in London right now so coming home is rare for me. As a result, I was not going to be able to continue to play past today. Queen was already dead and Nine had internet problems thus causing him to drop out of the game. As a result, the entire evil team wouldn't have been alive or able to play as of tomorrow morning. So the game ended. It's my fault and I apologize but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend New Years in NY and see my folks.[/quote]

Thanks Mexal - well played.
I hope you have a good trip.

I did just manage to register the mafia board, but don't have permission to view any threads. I'll follow up with mods/board organizers.

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1633991' date='Dec 30 2008, 12.07']Thanks Mexal - well played.
I hope you have a good trip.

I did just manage to register the mafia board, but don't have permission to view any threads. I'll follow up with mods/board organizers.[/quote]

I really hope you play again. You have the right mindset for this game and a very clear and fluid posting style. Both of those qualities will take you a very long way once you get a bit of experience.

Did you have fun? Btw, if you have any questions you want answered before you end up on the other board, just go ahead and ask. I'm around for a bit.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1633979' date='Dec 30 2008, 10.46']Iskaral,

I was Five of Clubs. I was evil. Queen was evil. Nine was our symp.

The reason the game ended is because I ended up booking a very last minute trip to NYC for NYE and then am taking a bus down to visit my parents in DC. I live in London right now so coming home is rare for me. As a result, I was not going to be able to continue to play past today. Queen was already dead and Nine had internet problems thus causing him to drop out of the game. As a result, the entire evil team wouldn't have been alive or able to play as of tomorrow morning. So the game ended. It's my fault and I apologize but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend New Years in NY and see my folks.[/quote]

So did you really have to rhyme, or was that just a ploy to excuse silence all day? Either through design or chance, it seems like it was a good thing for you.

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1634002' date='Dec 30 2008, 12.25']So did you really have to rhyme, or was that just a ploy to excuse silence all day? Either through design or chance, it seems like it was a good thing for you.[/quote]

I really did have to rhyme. It was a good thing to an extent but I like to talk and I like to take charge. I'm not really a follower in this game. So I would have preferred not having to rhyme. But either way, it worked out well. With Four taking out King and me taking out Four, I was in a good position going into day 3.

Yep, Mex, you might very well have won if you had been around for the end game, even without the symp. Especially with the only finder role being a player CF, and having one shot at averting the guard.

Iskaral, Mex is one of the very best players around at being a lone killer. He is extremely good at walking the line between looking innocent enough not to be the best lynch, but not so innocent as to raise eyebrows as to why he wasn't nightkilled, and at framing arguments in a way that is forceful enough to not seem wishy-washy or follow-the-leader, yet not so aggressive as to make him look like a lying killer that kills when the lynchee turns out to have been innocent. In a way, it may have even worked to his advantage that Queen died early, since without connections to be made, there was nothing to keep him from looking pure.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1633993' date='Dec 30 2008, 11.13']I really hope you play again. You have the right mindset for this game and a very clear and fluid posting style. Both of those qualities will take you a very long way once you get a bit of experience.

Did you have fun? Btw, if you have any questions you want answered before you end up on the other board, just go ahead and ask. I'm around for a bit.[/quote]

Thanks, I had a lot of fun. I'd like to play again, although I'll have to see if the time commitment works. I'm on vacation for the rest of this week if another game is starting soon.

I was very inexperienced at the process and signals you all took for granted, and I'm not used to thinking about this particular style of problem, but I enjoy problem solving and will hopefully do better next time.

BTW - when you revealed your role earlier, my initial thought was that you were well positioned to win. You would have been relatively free of suspicion on day 3, and closing in on victory. The low posters gave you quite an advantage too, though I don't know if that happens to some extent in every game.

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1634330' date='Dec 30 2008, 17.31']Thanks, I had a lot of fun. I'd like to play again, although I'll have to see if the time commitment works. I'm on vacation for the rest of this week if another game is starting soon.

I was very inexperienced at the process and signals you all took for granted, and I'm not used to thinking about this particular style of problem, but I enjoy problem solving and will hopefully do better next time.

BTW - when you revealed your role earlier, my initial thought was that you were well positioned to win. You would have been relatively free of suspicion on day 3, and closing in on victory. The low posters gave you quite an advantage too, though I don't know if that happens to some extent in every game.[/quote]

It does happen every game to an extent but not as much as in this game. Limited participation can be normal but it's generally made up by a large majority being highly involved. I think a lot of it had to do with it being Xmas and all.

But yea, I was in a good position. It might have been a bit difficult with Seven being bulletproof and there being a guard but I do think it was possible to win.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1634352' date='Dec 30 2008, 15.54']It does happen every game to an extent but not as much as in this game. Limited participation can be normal but it's generally made up by a large majority being highly involved. I think a lot of it had to do with it being Xmas and all.

But yea, I was in a good position. It might have been a bit difficult with Seven being bulletproof and there being a guard but I do think it was possible to win.[/quote]
I don't know if 3 or 9 would have been the next to go... But I'd like to think it would have been 9 since I really liked 3.

I'd have liked to think I would have gotten you in the end. Probably not, but I'd have liked to think I would.

:)

Archived