ADwD Mafia 61: Drowned Men, Krakens, and Maesters, oh my!

House Targaryen

I assume you voted Varner then edited out the vote? Bad Reyne, bad lion!

sooooo ... we have a ringmaster(?) type role, eh? I'm assuming it's a throwaway thing that had to be used and Varner was as good as any. I was going to say he wasn't under any scrutiny, but who is at this point? I actually approve because it seems like he was protected by someone who doesn't mind a player having fun with RP and having fun ALWAYS gets you in trouble on day 1.

That's all I got.

[quote name='House Bywater' post='1645403' date='Jan 12 2009, 09.23']I assume you voted Varner then edited out the vote? Bad Reyne, bad lion!

sooooo ... we have a ringmaster(?) type role, eh? I'm assuming it's a throwaway thing that had to be used and Varner was as good as any. I was going to say he wasn't under any scrutiny, but who is at this point? I actually approve because it seems like he was protected by someone who doesn't mind a player having fun with RP and having fun ALWAYS gets you in trouble on day 1.

That's all I got.[/quote]

[b]Bywater[/b], how on earth did you miss the fact that Targ who edited the post.....
I smell mackerel!

Sorry, I guess the 'edited by house Reyne' and the fact that there was an ETA note by him threw me. Oh, and his confession. Don't forget that. :P

And you knew it was Targ by ... special god given gifts? Say, an insight from a slightly damp deity, hmmm [b]Connington[/b]?

And sorry about the mackerel, that fishy smell lingers whenever I wear my house crest. If only my tailors would learn to draw rather than resorting to sewing on real fish and hoping no one notices. He's a very fine tailor, if none too bright.

[i]ETA: stuff[/i]

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645368' date='Jan 12 2009, 01.36']:)
Better tell me something about your house. I don't remember any Varners in the books, do you?[/quote]

You insolent cur. How could you forget the great Steffon Varner, who was as unchangeable as the wind. Lord Steffon was part of Team Renly, and then when Renly was killed, joined Team Stannis and was injured and captured by the Lannister bannister boys and was made to swear allegiance to that wet blanket Joffrey.

Actually I am majorly majorly majorly majorly jealous of you, because I have a huge man crush on Beric Dondarrion. :leer:

It is day 1.

19 players remain: Blount, Brune, Bywater, Chester, Connington, Dondarrion, Erenford, Farring, Glover, Karstark, Mallister, Manwoody, Marbrand, Penrose, Pommingham, Poole, Reyne, Selmy, Varner.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Bywater ( Manwoody, Marbrand, Connington)
3 votes for Manwoody ( Dondarrion, Pommingham, Brune)
2 votes for Penrose ( Blount, Selmy)
1 vote for Connington ( Bywater)
1 vote for Dondarrion ( Penrose)
1 vote for Farring ( Reyne)
1 vote for Glover ( Chester)
1 vote for Mallister ( Varner)
1 vote for Pommingham ( Karstark)
1 vote for Reyne ( Farring)

4 players have not voted: Erenford, Glover, Mallister, Poole.

[quote name='House Varner' post='1645446' date='Jan 12 2009, 09.10']*does a dance*

Can't touch me, der ner ner ner, der ner ner ner ner ner, Can't touch me.

Stop!

Although it's not quite hammer time yet. :([/quote]

Well, we can still send you to the

*drumroll*

NAUGHTY STOOL

:ninja:

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1645465' date='Jan 12 2009, 04.39']Varner, is the inability to be lynched your role, or part of it? Or is someone else protecting you?[/quote]

I'm of the opinion it means I'm not the only person who reads Goodkind in this game. ;)

...And keep that naught stool well away from me. :stunned:

[quote name='House Varner' post='1645476' date='Jan 12 2009, 04.56']I'm of the opinion it means I'm not the only person who reads Goodkind in this game. ;)

...And keep that naught stool well away from me. :stunned:[/quote]

I have to admit to also reading his books, but only out of sheer stubbornness. I started it, so I had to finish it...

And I did.

End result? Unfortunately it DIDN'T end with Richard realizing he was the villain all along, and committing suicide, nobly deciding his wife was better off without her past knowledge. :-( I was half hoping all the pompous preaching would be turned on it's head by a final book where he deconstructs his own poor moralising and turns it on it's head, then destroys RR as a "good guy" :(

That said, I didn't protect you, or anyone else! My role is unconvertible bulletproof soldier, with a 3 shot lynch proof i'm saving for end game. ;)

So someone is protecting you, Varner. Interesting. My immediate (and extremely paranoid) thought was that the mods had given this 1-day protection to the cult to make sure they don't die off too early.

[quote name='House Bywater' post='1645403' date='Jan 12 2009, 07.23']sooooo ... we have a ringmaster(?) type role, eh? I'm assuming it's a throwaway thing that had to be used and Varner was as good as any. I was going to say he wasn't under any scrutiny, but who is at this point? I actually approve because it seems like he was protected by someone who doesn't mind a player having fun with RP and having fun ALWAYS gets you in trouble on day 1.[/quote]

Bywater,

a) What is a ringmaster type role? Just someone who stops others geting lynched?

b) Why do you assume that it's a throwaway thing? We shouldn't discount the possibility that there's a good reason for it, although you're right that it does seem more likely at this stage in the game.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1645489' date='Jan 12 2009, 05.45']Aha! So that means there's a Goodkind reader we can actually lynch, and his name is [b]Glover[/b].[/quote]

Only to finish! I promise I haven't actually re-read any!

Anyway, I can counter it with an Erikson, who instantly balances me back to neutral.

Martin of course is a given. Lacking him here tips you backwards into "lynchable".

I wonder if adding in Abercrombe is enough yet to tip it back to "unlynchable"? I mean, he is new still...

[quote name='House Glover' post='1645483' date='Jan 12 2009, 10.27']End result? Unfortunately it DIDN'T end with Richard realizing he was the villain all along, and committing suicide, nobly deciding his wife was better off without her past knowledge. :-([/quote]Well, you can always hope for another book... fitting your desires... perhaps.

Archived