BwB meet-up in York: 29th May weekend

Padraig

Well I said i'd start a thread. So here is a thread. :) Since the weekend of the 29th May was the most popular choice, i'm going to assume it has won (unless someone objects).

Otherwise, best thing to do is get some idea on possible attendees. Anyone?

Unknown whether I will attend at this time.

However, one of my friends is tight with someone who handles accomodation at York University, and apparently there are ways of getting cheap accomodation on-campus whilst the students aren't there for groups meeting up in the city. I'll see if I can find out more as that could be quite helpful and interesting ;)

Time will be extremely thin on the ground for me in the coming 6 months. As such, I won't make a decision until much nearer the time. Best I am hoping for at the moment is taking a train from E. to York and back on a single day.

I should be able to make it.

Dunny is going to be there? OK, I should [i]definitely[/i] be able to make it. :)

Would be good to catch up with the rest of you too ;) It'll be termtime but teaching will have ended so unless I have an exam board or something, I'll be able to make a long weekend of it (arrive Friday leave Monday).

[quote name='Hereward' post='1639535' date='Jan 6 2009, 18.23']Are we sure Scandinavians are allowed within the city walls? Even if they are, given their record, is this something we want to encourage? :unsure:[/quote]
Hey, one of my ancestors is supposed to be Tostig Godwinson who did splendid as an (Anglo-Saxon) Earl of Northumbria.

[quote name='Hereward' post='1639535' date='Jan 6 2009, 17.23']Are we sure Scandinavians are allowed within the city walls? Even if they are, given their record, is this something we want to encourage? :unsure:[/quote]

We're going to have Norwegians, Scots and Lancastrians with us which is probably the three main groups that were historically unpopular in York ;)

I'm reminded of the much-quoted law that supposedly states that it is legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow-and-arrow if you are standing on the York city walls.

[quote]Just struck me that if people could guesstimate the number of days they will be around, that would be useful. Presumably the Fri and Sat nights will be the main days but people may be thinking of staying longer.[/quote]

I guess I'll probably be there Friday till Monday unless any of you turn up with a bow and arrow :leaving:

Archived