Anyone in Lancaster County, PA?

Can you bring a baby because I have a 6 month old that I do not mind taking out for a day trip. I mean we bring her camping and things. If I can talk my husband into going to the Renfaire on Sat., Oct 15th, we will go but I doubt that he will want to. It also depends on the weather.

Yes, you can bring nipperkins of all ages. 5 and under are free. I expect it to be a little crowded as October seems to be cooler for wearing costumes. The media ads seem to be running heavier too. Buy your tickets online or through AAA for the better discounts. Check out their website for more info.</p>

<p>There are a few hills about the &quot;shire&quot; but all the streets are paved. Wear comfortable walking shoes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I continue to get people to read the series not only because it is awesome but also, so they will become addicted and then we are forced to start are own BWB in Scranton. I don't believe there is one here. Also, there is the Allentown Convention coming up soon and I was wondering if any body was going to go?

I continue to get people to read the series not only because it is awesome but also, so they will become addicted and then we are forced to start are own BWB in Scranton. I don't believe there is one here. Also, there is the Allentown Convention coming up soon and I was wondering if any body was going to go?

In Harrisburg, here. Details on the Allentown event?

Right...I may have to take the trip. I used to come down to philly all the time but now I have a 7 month old so the trips are few and far between. The event in Allewtown is a comic book convention. It is the 19th and 20th of Nov. There is a website for it. http://www.allentowncomiccon.com/ I may go with the little mcsweets and my brother. My husband will probably tell me "no thanks." which is too bad for him!

• 6 months later...

Well I found this thread almost a year late! lol

I live in Pennsylvania also, but closer to Pittsburgh. I love to travel to Philly and Harrisburg area though and plan on doing it this summer. It is always nice to meet some fellow fans and hang out!

• 4 months later...

For those near enough:

Hi,

There is a Game of Thrones Con called Ice and Fire Con next year that is in Ohio, that I'm really excited about going to as it's one of the only fan based literary ASOFAI conventions that I've seen in America. :) And I know that GRRM said he'd be able to go to it if it is still around in like two years (I know he must be really busy right now and those that go the first year get first chance at tickets that year).

Websites include: http://iceandfireconvention.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/events/243804162408617/#!/groups/139230319556617/

There is a long blog about it here: http://ageeksaga.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-convention-of-ice-fire.html

It basically says: THE ICE & FIRE CONVENTION is being held at Ravenwood Castle in south-central-ish Ohio, FRIDAY APRIL 26th – SUNDAY APRIL 28th. Yes panels and accommodations are in the Castle and castle cottages. We are planning photoshoots, a mock Westeros election, several panels, a mini-tournament, a gaming night, medieval lunch, high teas, feast and costume contest, actually many contests for awesome prizes. :) All completely ASOIAF-related, of course.

There will be three price tiers for tickets (two of which include a meal or meal) and you *must* stay on site accommodations, but castle rooms are pretty affordable and include breakfast.

If you might go let me know – I'd be glad to meet you. I'll be going as Cat and even have a book version "post-feast or should I say when-the-Reines-play-Cat" planned for Feast and After-feast, which should be fun as I plan to play the old version board game like that.

-Dawn

Well I found this thread almost a year late! lol

I live in Pennsylvania also, but closer to Pittsburgh. I love to travel to Philly and Harrisburg area though and plan on doing it this summer. It is always nice to meet some fellow fans and hang out!

It's never too late. Philcon is in a few weeks and several of us will be there

Archived