Anyone in Lancaster County, PA?

[quote name='Winterfella' post='1651813' date='Jan 16 2009, 16.18']I'm up in Hershey, so only about 30-40 minutes away. We venture down to Amish country every once in a while. Hope you enjoy the area.[/quote]

I do like it alot, much to my surprise, after living 22 years in California. There's lots to do and the cost of living is about 40% of what I used to pay :D.

I love your "Chimpe" Guevara!

[quote name='BJT' post='1652554' date='Jan 17 2009, 13.42']I'm in NYC, but I visit family in York county quite often. (and I'm from SF originally!) We've thought of moving to York county...[/quote]

Have not been to Philly yet, but soon...probably by train. When I visited here before I moved here I took the train to NYC via Philly, didn't get off but did see the famous Art Museum steps from ROCKY from the train. What are must see/must do's in Philly besides the historical stuff?

Speaking of cheesesteaks, the best in Lanc is supposed to be Cap'n Gus's which just celebrated it's 40th anniversary!

I actually have only been to York twice, if you don't count going to Wrightsville which is right across the Susquehanna from me (I live two blocks from the River), but I read somewhere it's the largest growing small city area in the coutry (?) Dunno if that's true.

I must say that while the food here in Lancaster County is awesome, and surprisingly healthy (lots of fresh organic produce from farmers markets, fresh butchered free range poultry and beef), there are also a lot of fattening treats...like, er, Philly cheesesteaks, Lancaster style pot pie, baked corn, shoofly pie...and where in CA I might have gone out for an evening to sit in a cafe and have a light soup and an Italian soda, here it's more likely to be All You Can Eat hot wings washed down by Boylan's red birch beer :D.

Dang I'm making myself hungry :(

Welcome to Pennsyltucky! I live a few miles SW of York so I am one county over. Not so many horse & buggies down this way.

Lancaster is not so far, and it would be well worth the trip to meet and chat with some GRRM fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in Mt. Joy. JUST now received Dance with Dragons my wife ordered for me.

Anyone here frequent the PA Renfaire in Manheim? I go fairly regularly when not working.

It might be a good place for a meetup.

We went a couple of weeks ago when I had BWB guests fro Maine and Luxemburg. It was very nice. We're actually going to the MD faire in a couple more weeks (we're about equal distance to both)

Archived