We officially have a new Prez

Jed o' Tarth

Thank the gods. No more Cheney/Bush. Fuck you two and your administration. Get the hell out, hope the cleanup of your mess doesn't take more than a few decades.

And score one for the minorities. Congratulations to the first minority president. I hope there are many more to come. :)

[quote name='Marie-Angélieef' post='1655340' date='Jan 20 2009, 19.15']I hope nobody challenges his swearing-in because of it. :P[/quote]

I thought the same thing.

Good luck to your new president. He will need it.

[quote name='Solana Tarth' post='1655354' date='Jan 20 2009, 09.27']His Inaguaral address was awesome.

Mostly, I love his use of the word 'dignity'.[/quote]

Did we watch the same speech? I have high hopes for Obama, I supported him for office, and it's been long since I judged a politician on his ability to give stirring speeches (which Obama has certainly done in the past), but that was pretty mediocre.

[quote name='An00biel' post='1655377' date='Jan 20 2009, 19.37']Congratulations on finally being rid of Bush...

Obama's address was amazing :)[/quote]

Yeah it was. I missed the first couple of minutes because dalThor picked that exact moment to call from work and announce he has a new president! :rolleyes:

I didn't remember there was so much prayer involved in an inauguration ceremony.

It was a great inauguration address. I really liked Obama's speech.

The entire ceremony was very nice, marred only by the hypocritically self-serving mumble-jumble of equality and fairness uttered by the Reverend Rick Warren. If he had just gone with the grace and providence of God, or some such, I wouldn't have a problem. But to stand there to listen to him talk about treating fellow citizens with fairness and blah blah blah was a bit much.

[quote name='mashiara' post='1655381' date='Jan 20 2009, 18.40']I didn't remember there was so much prayer involved in an inauguration ceremony.[/quote]
I never watched it before, and I have to say I found the religiosity of the entire ceremony pretty nauseating.

[quote name='mashiara' post='1655381' date='Jan 20 2009, 18.40']Yeah it was. I missed the first couple of minutes because dalThor picked that exact moment to call from work and announce he has a new president! :rolleyes:

I didn't remember there was so much prayer involved in an inauguration ceremony.[/quote]

It was only one prayer. The first part after the speech was a poem.

I liked the speech, apart from a few things. The last sentence was a powerful image.

Great speech. Also greatly enjoyed the performance by Yo-Yo Ma and co. It was beautiful.

[quote name='potsherds' post='1655385' date='Jan 20 2009, 11.42']I never watched it before, and I have to say I found the religiosity of the entire ceremony pretty nauseating.[/quote]
Agreed. I had to leave the room during Warren's prayer.

Archived