Mini Mafia - Perfect for new players

Pebble thats Stubby

[quote name='House Martel' post='1673304' date='Feb 4 2009, 10.46']I was sleeping, actually. But now I'm here, ready to avenge the death of fair lady Spohellia and to prove to those sparrows, that they may take our whores, but they'll never take our nooses.[/quote]

You [i]are[/i] mean. :lol:

[quote name='House Martel' post='1673304' date='Feb 4 2009, 09.46']Lynch one of the players with the gray avatars which you can't really tell from one another unless you strain your eyes (which is more than I'm willing to sacrifice for a game). I know this is strictly the mods fault, so be sure to blame her in spoiler heaven when you get there (and please tell her to use this board's spelling utility while you're at it) :P .[/quote]

I do suggest you get yourself a new pair of glasses. :P That should ease any eyestrain.

This board’s spell check requires a download. Which Unfortunately is against company rules and could cost me my job. The good new is you don’t have to read though lost of my posts heavy on text. You don’t even need to read my scene’s There will be no clues in them.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Furren, Martel, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne, Dunan the Tall.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Stonetree ( Mertyns, Saltcliff, Swift)
1 vote for Saltcliff ( Martel)
1 vote for Dunan the Tall ( Dayne)

4 players have not voted: Furren, Stonetree, Thorne, Dunan the Tall.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673334' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.46']I'm changing my vote to [b]Swift[/b], for bandwaggoning onto Stonetree. Even if it was a joke.[/quote]

So I didn't provide enough substantiation for my vote? Noted. I'll make sure the next one has at least twice as much volume. :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Swift' post='1673342' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.00']So I didn't provide enough substantiation for my vote? Noted. I'll make sure the next one has at least twice as much volume. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'd like you to clarify this one please, do you truly suspect Stonetree?

Because your case looked like an over-elaborate joke to me, not like a case, and Mertyns has a point about it being the third joke vote on the same player.

If you do suspect Stonetree could you briefly tell us why sans the jokes?

Urm.

So it was silliness for the most part, but I didn't like his attempt to start discussion on what the layout of the game is, especially when Pebmod stated the roles previously. To me that did seem slightly suspicious. Also I'm unsure that some of his naming of other names wasn't slightly suspect at times either.

Obviously it was a joke vote, but a joke vote in a place I'm happy to leave it at the moment. I did realise that it would be the third vote, but I don't plan on changing what I wanted to do just because two other people got there first. It's not like it was a hammer vote. So don't read too much into it.

I admit that I never read that post with the big eye-hurting letters. :/

So yeah, looks like there is no symp but a healer. And where is the danger in talking about this? :dunno:

I might be a pedant, but what if House Martel would change his name into House Martell, Dunan the Tall into Duncan the Tall and Mertyns into Jack Sparrow. :|

[quote name='House Swift' post='1673353' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.29']So it was silliness for the most part, but I didn't like his attempt to start discussion on what the layout of the game is, especially when Pebmod stated the roles previously. To me that did seem slightly suspicious.[/quote]

It seems like he was at least guilty of not reading the set-up, as he conveniently confesses.

[quote]Also I'm unsure that some of his naming of other names wasn't slightly suspect at times either.[/quote]

You slightly lose me here. Why do you think that's suspicious?

[quote]Obviously it was a joke vote, but a joke vote in a place I'm happy to leave it at the moment. I did realise that it would be the third vote, but I don't plan on changing what I wanted to do just because two other people got there first. It's not like it was a hammer vote. So don't read too much into it.[/quote]

That principled stance would serve you better if it was a real vote rather than a joke vote. There are pretty good reasons not to bring a player too close to a lynch unless you actually want him dead.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673363' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.44']So yeah, looks like there is no symp but a healer. And where is the danger in talking about this? :dunno:[/quote]

I think it's worth to quote the mods on this one:

[quote name='Pebble that Hides' post='1668584' date='Jan 30 2009, 22.02'][b]Team Evil[/b]

[u]Will have 1 or more FM[/u]

All FM can communicate secretly with each other. Each night they can collectively kill another player. FM will show up as [b]Killer when dead.[/b]
FM will not know if they have a symp.

[u]If I get lots of sign-ups the game may include a Symp.[/u]

A Symp is someone who knows who the Killers are but they don't know who you are. Symps are not allowed to secretly communicate with any other player. [b]Symps will show up as Not a Killer when dead. [/b]

[b]Team Innocent[/b]

[u]Will have lots of Rolless Innocents. (RI)[/u]

RI’s will not be allowed to secretly communicate with any other player. They will not know the faction of any other player. RI’s must use there wits and Gut feelings to catch and lynch Team Evil. RI’s will show up as [b]Not a killer when dead.[/b]

[u]May have a Healer[/u]. (if the game is really small you defiantly won't have one)

Healers are like Rolless Innocents but each night they can choose a player to Heal. If the FM try to kill that player the targeted player will live. Healers are not allowed to secretly communicate with any player. They will not know the faction of any other player. Healers will show up as [b]Not a killer when dead.[/b][/quote]

adding anything to that is either foolish or useless.

Stonetree, you have a gray avatar too. Just saying.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673363' date='Feb 4 2009, 13.44']I admit that I never read that post with the big eye-hurting letters. :/

So yeah, looks like there is no symp but a healer. And where is the danger in talking about this? :dunno:

I might be a pedant, but what if House Martel would change his name into House Martell, Dunan the Tall into Duncan the Tall and Mertyns into Jack Sparrow. :|[/quote]

You should have read it. It was in now way boring. :rolleyes:

I agree that there shouldn't be a symp, but should be a healer. There's no danger in talking about this, but your earlier stuff about guards and soldiers which definitely shouldn't be in this game did sound like you were possibly trying to confuse new players.

And, I'd like to second the spelling corrections please.

[quote name='House Martel' post='1673372' date='Feb 4 2009, 14.05']You slightly lose me here. Why do you think that's suspicious?[/quote]
I'm always wary of people who throw out large numbers of names, as it just seems like an easy way for them to come back and justify later bandwagon hopping. I especially disliked the line which was: "What do you think about Reed?" when Stonetree hadn't said anything about Reed except that he thought Reed was an evil reptile. Seems like trying to get something going without providing any justification for doing so.

[quote]That principled stance would serve you better if it was a real vote rather than a joke vote. There are pretty good reasons not to bring a player too close to a lynch unless you actually want him dead.[/quote]
I wasn't too worried about that being the case as he was still at L-2 after my vote, and I knew I'd be on all day, and hence would be able to remove it if someone tried to jump on. I know there are reasons not to bring players too close to a lynch, but I also consider it good bait to try and catch someone who is too eager to get a lynch.

[quote name='House Swift' post='1673380' date='Feb 4 2009, 13.16']I'm always wary of people who throw out large numbers of names, as it just seems like an easy way for them to come back and justify later bandwagon hopping. I especially disliked the line which was: "What do you think about Reed?" when Stonetree hadn't said anything about Reed except that he thought Reed was an evil reptile. Seems like trying to get something going without providing any justification for doing so.[/quote]

Well, if you call:

[quote name='Stonetree']Furren? Mertyns?

Never would have guessed that I would meet them in a brothel like this. Didn't they swear not to play this game long ago?[/quote]

And his two joke votes on Dayne and Reed "throwing out large numbers of names in preparation for a wagon hop" then fair enough, but it somehow seems you're slightly exaggerating to me.

Regarding your second point, Stonetree asking some other player what they thought about Reed at that point was slightly odd, if his plan was to conjure up a lynch-mob out of nothing then it was a very bad one, though.

[quote name='House Martel' post='1673389' date='Feb 4 2009, 14.34']Well, if you call:
And his two joke votes on Dayne and Reed "throwing out large numbers of names in preparation for a wagon hop" then fair enough, but it somehow seems you're slightly exaggerating to me.

Regarding your second point, Stonetree asking some other player what they thought about Reed at that point was slightly odd, if his plan was to conjure up a lynch-mob out of nothing then it was a very bad one, though.[/quote]

Well obviously "large numbers of names" was a bit of an exaggeration. :unsure: But it does attract attention to those people as possible places for votes. And having a large pool of alternate potential lycnhes is probably useful for a killer.

I still dislike the whole "What do you think about X?" where in this case X was Reed. I wasn't saying he planned to conjure a lynch mob out of nothing, but trying to attract focus to a player without having any reasoning behind it is, to my mind, a scummy thing to do.

[quote name='House Swift' post='1673401' date='Feb 4 2009, 13.53']I still dislike the whole "What do you think about X?" where in this case X was Reed. I wasn't saying he planned to conjure a lynch mob out of nothing, but trying to attract focus to a player without having any reasoning behind it is, to my mind, a scummy thing to do.[/quote]

Fair enough

Hey, I just remembered that they sent Reed to the Wall last week before the sparrows could get a grip of him. That makes him look rather innocentish, which is why I'm not willing to continue my crusade against him. I will still sent a raven to warn that boy commander - just in case. You never know what is up with these vile frog eaters.

[b]Duncan the Tall[/b], however, is a bit too quiet for my taste.

Archived