Mini Mafia - Perfect for new players

Pebble thats Stubby

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Furren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Stonetree (Saltcliff, Swift)
1 vote for Duncan the Tall (Stonetree)
1 vote for Swift (Mertyns)

5 players have not voted: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Furren, Martell, Thorne.

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1673477' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.11']I was upset, I thought it was lady Sophelia who qwas murdered, and it had set me sore wroth. But, I have no idea who Spohellia is?[/quote]

The opening post said quite clearly:

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1670879' date='Feb 2 2009, 13.20']A few of the High Septons Sparrows had disguised themselves as desperate paying customers. And in the dead of the night they had Murdered Pretty Spohellia The Hands Favourite.[/quote]

What we know about Spohellia:

1) She worked here.

2) She was the Hand's favorite.

3) She was murdered by the vile sparrows.

4) Her first name seems to attract the use of capital letters on the words that surround it.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673417' date='Feb 4 2009, 14.12']Hey, I just remembered that they sent Reed to the Wall last week before the sparrows could get a grip of him. That makes him look rather innocentish, which is why I'm not willing to continue my crusade against him. I will still sent a raven to warn that boy commander - just in case. You never know what is up with these vile frog eaters.

[b]Duncan the Tall[/b], however, is a bit too quiet for my taste.[/quote]

You aren't really doing yourself any favors with another random vote Stonetree. It's really time you started taking the game more seriously. Otherwise I'll vote for you myself.

[quote name='Ser Dunan the tall' post='1673433' date='Feb 4 2009, 14.29']Yeah, being quiet is another of my virtues.
And you don't want me being angered, besides. :)[/quote]
Tall, quiet, smiles when throwing out threats.......

Hmmmh, what can that be........ :unsure:

Ok, even if that means that this might anger you and I get eaten by a cannibal smiley, I say that you've not much added to get a discussion going. Any ideas? What about Swift's vote on me?

Thorne, you haven't been quiet, for being quiet requires to be present.

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1673477' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.11']Funny Stonetree, I haven't said a word all day, and you yet consider Dunk the Quiet one?

I was upset, I thought it was lady Sophelia who qwas murdered, and it had set me sore wroth. But, I have no idea who Spohellia is?[/quote]

Hurrah! My summoning powers worked!

[quote]5 players have not voted: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Furren, Martell, Thorne.[/quote]

Come on, people. Pick someone. :pirate:

[quote name='House Martel' post='1673502' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.33']You aren't really doing yourself any favors with another random vote Stonetree. It's really time you started taking the game more seriously. Otherwise I'll vote for you myself.[/quote]

Does that mean that you finally [i]will [/i]cast a vote?

ETA: crosspost with Mertyns. Grey avatars think alike, obviously. ;)

[quote name='House Swift' post='1673380' date='Feb 4 2009, 07.16']I'm always wary of people who throw out large numbers of names, as it just seems like an easy way for them to come back and justify later bandwagon hopping. I especially disliked the line which was: "What do you think about Reed?" when Stonetree hadn't said anything about Reed except that he thought Reed was an evil reptile. Seems like trying to get something going without providing any justification for doing so.[/quote]

I find this a bit suspicious as it's the third or forth time [b]Swift[/b] has added a serious argument to what definitely came off as a joke case. If you find name dropping suspicious, why would you at least not preface that part of your 'case' with the words "joking aside..." or something to that effect?

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673513' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.43']I find this a bit suspicious as it's the third or forth time [b]Swift[/b] has added a serious argument to what definitely came off as a joke case. If you find name dropping suspicious, why would you at least not preface that part of your 'case' with the words "joking aside..." or something to that effect?[/quote]
Well, I don't suspect Swift that much. He was the first one to stick his head out, so yeah, that gets him some bonus points.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673510' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.41']Does that mean that you finally [i]will [/i]cast a vote?[/quote]

Yes, but you won't like it.

[quote]ETA: crosspost with Mertyns. Grey avatars think alike, obviously. ;)[/quote]

The more reason to get rid of one of them.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673503' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.33']Ok, even if that means that this might anger you and I get eaten by a cannibal smiley, I say that you've not much added to get a discussion going. Any ideas? What about Swift's vote on me?[/quote]

That isn't really the way to get discussion going. Asking people to discuss something? What you want to do here is make comments about my vote and then get his response. Getting other people to put themselves out there without putting yourself out there is scummy.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673516' date='Feb 4 2009, 09.45']Well, I don't suspect Swift that much. He was the first one to stick his head out, so yeah, that gets him some bonus points.[/quote]

So far I don't think anyone has said anything to lessen my suspicion on them, though a few have said things to heighten it. This post comes off as rather... I don't know the right word -- non-confrontational, wishy-washy, mitigating. Maybe Swift does bring up a good point afterall.

[quote name='House Martel' post='1673522' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.50']Yes, but you won't like it.[/quote]

That's a pretty lame answer, isn't it?

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673529' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.56']So far I don't think anyone has said anything to lessen my suspicion on them, though a few have said things to heighten it. This post comes off as rather... I don't know the right word -- non-confrontational, wishy-washy, mitigating. Maybe Swift does bring up a good point afterall.[/quote]
Are you talking about my post or about Swyft's?

[quote name='House Swift' post='1673526' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.55']That isn't really the way to get discussion going. Asking people to discuss something? What you want to do here is make comments about my vote and then get his response. Getting other people to put themselves out there without putting yourself out there is scummy.[/quote]
Asking question is [u]always[/u] a good way to start a discussion. What I want to do here is to make comments about your vote and then get Duncan's rsponse. You got that one right. However, by commenting your vote and by adressing Duncan's lack of contribution I was already putting my head out.

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1673477' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.11']Funny Stonetree, I haven't said a word all day, and you yet consider Dunk the Quiet one?

I was upset, I thought it was lady Sophelia who qwas murdered, and it had set me sore wroth. But, I have no idea who Spohellia is?[/quote]

Is that all, Thorne?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673560' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.32'][quote]Yes, but you won't like it.[/quote]
That's a pretty lame answer, isn't it?
[/quote]

It was, wasn't it? Saying you're ready to cast a vote but not voting isn't good, Martell. I assume you're implying that you want to vote for Stonetree, so why not accompany it with a vote?

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1672866' date='Feb 4 2009, 00.59']Howdy folks!

My guess is no roles and 2 FM, given that it was advertised as a relatively roleless game. But let's not specualte further on good role distribution, I don't think it's a good idea.

And I want to make it clear I am in this place purely for...research purposes.[/quote]

This is the extent of Ferren's contribution. Much as I don't like role distribution discussion, it's a step up from roleplay. Moving the discussion from role distribution to nothing is not good, IMO.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673503' date='Feb 4 2009, 09.33']Ok, even if that means that this might anger you and I get eaten by a cannibal smiley, I say that you've not much added to get a discussion going.[/quote]I see no discussion going. From my PoV, we are still in the RP stage, and I don't want to discuss any RP post.
If you want to say some post was serious, please specify this.

[quote name='Pebble that Hides' post='1668584' date='Jan 30 2009, 17.02']then the game will be [i]counselled[/i].

if the game is really small you [i]defiantly[/i] won't have one[/quote]

Pebs is brilliant - both these typos made me chuckle and I would hate to see Pebs reduced to typing everying with accurate spelling.

[quote name='Ser Dunan the tall' post='1673574' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.45']I see no discussion going. From my PoV, we are still in the RP stage, and I don't want to discuss any RP post.
If you want to say some post was serious, please specify this.[/quote]

You see no discussion at all? I realise it's day 1, but you could at least try.

OK, here's my problem with wanting to lynch Stonetree or Swift (and I realise that i'm voting for Swift at the moment). I can't help but feel that they're both only suspects because they've been posting and trying to contribute, and therefore standing out. They're our two top posters, and I don't really want to lynch either of them today.

IMO the following people can be described as having no contribution:

Saltcliff
Ferren
Ser Dunan
Thorne

Time zones and busy-ness can play a part, I understand, but we really need to hear more from them.

[quote name='Ser Dunan the tall' post='1673574' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.45']I see no discussion going. From my PoV, we are still in the RP stage, and I don't want to discuss any RP post.
If you want to say some post was serious, please specify this.[/quote]

Dunan, do you think that asking people questions is a good way to get discussion going? Do you feel that Swift jumping onto Stonetree as the third vote was a particularly evil thing to do? Do you think that Stonetree is being wishy-washy?

Archived