Mini Mafia - Perfect for new players

Pebble thats Stubby

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673568' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.39']Saying you're ready to cast a vote but not voting isn't good, Martell.[/quote]

Good as in moral?

[quote]I assume you're implying that you want to vote for Stonetree, so why not accompany it with a vote?[/quote]

If I wanted to vote why wouldn't I? Voting is extremely easy [b]Mertyns[/b].

If at the time of my post I didn't vote for Stonetree it's because, at that time, I didn't want to vote for Stonetree. If at any time in the future I do, then I will.

Your second-to-last post was saying that maybe Stonetree and Swift were suspicious merely because they were being participative, and that's a sentiment I'd be inclined to agree with. Why would you taunt me into voting for one of them then? Are you preparing for an "Well, I did tell you so..."?

[quote]If I wanted to vote why wouldn't I? Voting is extremely easy [b]Mertyns[/b].

If at the time of my post I didn't vote for Stonetree it's because, at that time, I didn't want to vote for Stonetree. If at any time in the future I do, then I will.[/quote]

The original quotes were these:

Stonetree: "Does that mean that you finally will cast a vote?"
You: "Yes, but you won't like it."

To me, this clearly implies that you want to vote for Stonetree. So I tried to pressure you into saying why, but you're not forthcoming. So, to lay it out clearly - Martell, [i]why[/i] don't you want to vote for Stonetree?

[quote]Your second-to-last post was saying that maybe Stonetree and Swift were suspicious merely because they were being participative, and that's a sentiment I'd be inclined to agree with. Why would you taunt me into voting for one of them then?[/quote]

I'm not taunting you into anything. If you're suspicious of Stonetree and want to vote for Stonetree, do so. If you don't want to vote for Stonetree despite being suspicious of Stonetree, why not?

[quote]Are you preparing for an "Well, I did tell you so..."?[/quote]

I did tell you what?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673363' date='Feb 4 2009, 06.44']I admit that I never read that post with the big eye-hurting letters. :/[/quote]
Ooh Ooh, can we get into a big argument about the ethics of not reading posts!?

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673529' date='Feb 4 2009, 09.56']So far I don't think anyone has said anything to lessen my suspicion on them, though a few have said things to heighten it. This post comes off as rather... I don't know the right word -- non-confrontational, wishy-washy, mitigating. Maybe Swift does bring up a good point afterall.[/quote]
The post you quoted was not wishy-washy IMO. Stonetree explained a minor reason why Swift wasn't that suspicious to him. There was no internal contradiction in the post. I find it odd that after this post Dayne's vote is still on Swift. Vote [b]Dayne[/b].

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1673560' date='Feb 4 2009, 10.32']Are you talking about my post or about Swyft's?[/quote]

Yours.

[quote name='Ser Dunan the tall' post='1673574' date='Feb 4 2009, 10.45']I see no discussion going. From my PoV, we are still in the RP stage, and I don't want to discuss any RP post.
If you want to say some post was serious, please specify this.[/quote]

I think we're past the RP stage at this point or at the very least we should be. If not, can we maybe please start? We're less than 10 hours away from the end of day one and I've yet to gleam any impression of you and several others in the game.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673599' date='Feb 4 2009, 11.01']OK, here's my problem with wanting to lynch Stonetree or Swift (and I realise that i'm voting for Swift at the moment). I can't help but feel that they're both only suspects because they've been posting and trying to contribute, and therefore standing out. They're our two top posters, and I don't really want to lynch either of them today.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree but such is the nature of the game itself. Those who actually take the time and post are usually the first to draw scrutiny. I find Swyft more suspicious than Stonetree at this point, however I have no impression whatsoever on a majority of the players playing.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673682' date='Feb 4 2009, 11.54']I'm not taunting you into anything. If you're suspicious of Stonetree and want to vote for Stonetree, do so. If you don't want to vote for Stonetree despite being suspicious of Stonetree, why not?[/quote]

You're arguing that people need to contribute more yet encouraging Martell to place a forth(?) vote on Stonetree?
Frankly I think placing another vote on Stonetree at this point with this level of discussion is a little excessive. I agree we need to narrow our focus a bit, but in order to do so we need to hear from everyone.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1673719' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.22']The post you quoted was not wishy-washy IMO. Stonetree explained a minor reason why Swift wasn't that suspicious to him. There was no internal contradiction in the post. I find it odd that after this post Dayne's vote is still on Swift. Vote [b]Dayne[/b].[/quote]

I pointed out that I wasn't certain of what terminology to use. The post just struck me as sort of suspicious. Swyft's voting Stonetree and here Stonetree is saying that he doesn't really suspect Swyft. I think it's way to early to make a call like that.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673747' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.39']You're arguing that people need to contribute more yet encouraging Martell to place a forth(?) vote on Stonetree?
Frankly I think placing another vote on Stonetree at this point with this level of discussion is a little excessive. I agree we need to narrow our focus a bit, but in order to do so we need to hear from everyone.[/quote]
You seriously are overstating the "danger" of another vote on Stonetree. It would be the [i]third[/i] vote on Stonetree. Even if it was the fourth, someone still needs to come in and hammer, which would not likely happen (at least by an evil). Had Martell placed their vote on Stonetree it would not have affected our ability to hear from everyone, trust me.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673757' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.44']I pointed out that I wasn't certain of what terminology to use. The post just struck me as sort of suspicious. Swyft's voting Stonetree and here Stonetree is saying that he doesn't really suspect Swyft. I think it's way to early to make a call like that.[/quote]
And yet your vote is still on Swyft...

Ah, sweet silence... fun times.

Lets put some pressure on [b]Thorne[/b] who so far has only contributed this little nugget to the discussion:

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1673477' date='Feb 4 2009, 09.11']Funny Stonetree, I haven't said a word all day, and you yet consider Dunk the Quiet one?

I was upset, I thought it was lady Sophelia who qwas murdered, and it had set me sore wroth. But, I have no idea who Spohellia is?[/quote]

Pointing out that you're more quiet than another quiet player does what for us exactly?
While I'd prefer to lynch based on actual suspicion, failing that I'd be more than happy to lynch someone quiet.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1673851' date='Feb 4 2009, 13.36']And yet your vote is still on Swyft...[/quote]

Ah, I love selective post quoting. I already addressed this in a post (eta: post 105).
If it makes you feel better though I'd be more than happy to lynch either of them today.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673870' date='Feb 4 2009, 13.44']Ah, I love selective post quoting. I already addressed this in a post (eta: post 105).
If it makes you feel better though I'd be more than happy to lynch either of them today.[/quote]
Then your next post you noted another point that makes Stonetree look worse than Swift.

You may say that, but I have no reason to believe you.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673682' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.54']To me, this clearly implies that you want to vote for Stonetree. So I tried to pressure you into saying why, but you're not forthcoming. So, to lay it out clearly - Martell, [i]why[/i] don't you want to vote for Stonetree?[/quote]

Because I'm not really fond of the status quo where we'll end up lynching Swyft or Stonetree because no one's really saying anything much... I don't think voting for Stonetree would help this.

I also find much of what he says suspicious, but not really his attitude, and I had decided to try and cut people more slack than I use to because this is a game for new people (though I've no idea how many of them actually signed up for the game).

I'll vote Stonetree over Swyft unless something really dramatic happens, but I won't be happy about this day one.

[quote]I did tell you what?[/quote]

That both of them were poor choices, that you had said so, but that no alternatives were forthcoming.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673614' date='Feb 4 2009, 11.14']Dunan, do you think that asking people questions is a good way to get discussion going?[/quote]Yeah, if asking about some serious staff.
[quote]Do you feel that Swift jumping onto Stonetree as the third vote was a particularly evil thing to do?[/quote]No, it was obvious joke. But, now, his try to pretend this vote to be somewhat serious [i]might[/i] be evil.
[quote]Do you think that Stonetree is being wishy-washy?[/quote]Can't say, Stonetree haven't gave us any material to analyse yet. I'd wait for him to make at least one serious post, before making a jugement.

What troubles me is a handful of players who attemped to make accusations based on senseless RP posts. Some of them might be naive, some might be trolling, some might be guilty. I'll return here in next 8-10 hours, to look closer at accusers. I don't think anyone of accused did somethig suspicious, accusers did.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673858' date='Feb 4 2009, 10.40']Ah, sweet silence... fun times.

Lets put some pressure on [b]Thorne[/b] who so far has only contributed this little nugget to the discussion:

Pointing out that you're more quiet than another quiet player does what for us exactly?
While I'd prefer to lynch based on actual suspicion, failing that I'd be more than happy to lynch someone quiet.[/quote]
More that Stonetree felt the need to comment on Dunk being quiet, whiel ignoring a far more quiet player.

Suprising since Dunk at that point had been a moderately active poster, and a significant portion of the posting time very easily could have fallen into a period when someone would be sleeping.

Of course, Stone tree has, in the space of 19 posts placed votes on three players. The first one before the list was printed (although point in favor, Dayne is popular, probably because Darkstar is so cool).

[quote name='House Thorne' post='1673920' date='Feb 4 2009, 14.16']Mea culpa, I'm not supposed to be doing this at work, and my connection at home is shot.

Anyway, it'll be a bit before I can contribute. I've got a theory and I want to see how it holds up...[/quote]
If you are limited for time, it would be in our best interest for you to share it. The more you can give us in the time you have, the better.

edit: Crossposted.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

1 vote for Dayne (Saltcliff)
1 vote for Duncan the Tall (Stonetree)
1 vote for Mertyns (Martell)
1 vote for Stonetree (Swift)
1 vote for Swift (Mertyns)
1 vote for Thorne (Dayne)

3 players have not voted: Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Thorne.

[quote name='Ser Dunan the tall' post='1673923' date='Feb 4 2009, 20.18']What troubles me is a handful of players who attemped to make accusations based on senseless RP posts. Some of them might be naive, some might be trolling, some might be guilty. I'll return here in next 8-10 hours, to look closer at accusers. I don't think anyone of accused did somethig suspicious, accusers did.[/quote]

People have to make accusations based on [i]something[/i] on day 1.

And the day ends around 8 hours from your post. So I really hope you're back a bit earlier.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1673928' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.22']If you are limited for time, it would be in our best interest for you to share it. The more you can give us in the time you have, the better.

edit: Crossposted.[/quote]
That actually isn't my theory. Although it runs into it. It seems that a large number of essentially nonsensical posting, with distracting content can serve to hide a particularly bold FM.
Aiming for me would be suspicious, I hadn't posted at all, It looks like kicking a cripple. Not the kind of impression a person who's an FM is. But a moderate poster, particularly one who's only really responded to RP is a pretty safe choice, likely to get a couple of votes behind it.

So [b]Stonetree[/b], how do you feel about that?

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1673878' date='Feb 4 2009, 13.48']Then your next post you noted another point that makes Stonetree look worse than Swift.

You may say that, but I have no reason to believe you.[/quote]

Dude, I was responding to your post asking me what I found 'wishy-washy' about Stonetree.
I do find it suspicious, but Swyft's strained attempt to justify his case really stood out to me. One could just be a happy-go-lucky player doing their thing, while the other seems for sure contrived. Ergo, my vote stayed on Swyft.

More suspicious than both those I gotta' say is the way you're misrepresenting what I've been saying. Makes me question your motive for doing so...

Archived