BWB Europe Meet-up 2006

zakalwe7

Svalbard?:)

Barring that, Barcelona would be nice. But what date would it be?

Svalbard would be cool (in all senses of that word), but we have to go there during high "summer". Getting there might get expensive for some. It's around €220 from Bergen, the same as to most other cities in Europe, but from the rest of Europe to Svalbard the price is most likely at least twice that.

Barcelona is good for me. As for dates, sometime in May or June?

OK, how about if everyone just wrote when they could come and then we decide/juggle?

For me, it's May and before: OK, June probable. I assume we're not looking any further than that, but it would be OK too.

Now, all you working people, what schedules are you on?

Edit: Zak, good idea.

Edit2: Would Berlin or Amsterdam be out of running yet?

On the one hand, the further away from August the better for me.

On the other, if we choose a Northern European destination then May/June probably works better than Mar/Apr. Although people are free to tell me that some northern European destinations are quite nice in Mar/Apr. :) If not, choosing where may have an impact on deciding when.

While some people may have days off during Easter, one will have to pay a premium to fly during those days. And also, people may have other plans during Easter. Of course, ignoring Easter week, airfare prices would be cheaper in Mar/Apr than in May/June.

And I don't think any city is out of the running except for those we have been to before (Paris, Prague, Glasgow and Dublin). We haven't got a shortlist. :)

Worth mentioned that Easter Sunday is on 16th April in 2006. Its probably wise to keep track of when people definitely can't make it (rather than would prefer another time) because of work or exams etc. We can hopefully work around it. :)

Archived