BWB Europe Meet-up 2006

zakalwe7

I've read that Barcelona is being suggested for BWB Europe meet-up in 2006.

Of course I will not push for hometown, it will be considered inelegant. :)

In case that this is the place finally chosen it will be a pleasure and a honour to be one of the hosts for this meet-up.

Needles to say I know the bar in Barcelona where the best "patatas bravas" (spicy potatoes) in the World are served. :D

So we have both Angulla and some hairy Andorran in Barcelona?

Is there any objections to having next years meeting in Barcelona?

Well, yeah, isn't that around the time Catalonia is going to revolt in order to become indepedent? Hate to get in the middle of that. :P

C'mon, Z, where's your sense of adventure? It's going to be a great party! All the fireworks...

Suggest destinations, people, so we can consider some more. Although Barcelona is starting to sound nice, especially with two people already there...

Ahhh...but would Chal want to return there after just been?

Edited to add: Never mind...she was one of those that suggested it.

Somebody should list all the destinations suggested so far. :wink:

Well, yeah, isn't that around the time Catalonia is going to revolt in order to become indepedent? Hate to get in the middle of that. :P

Just remember what Tyrion said when going into battle. Stay away from the big guys...they'll attract all the bullets. (Or something like that).

Early May is sounding popular.

Also we seem to have,

Barcelona

Germany, although it is World Cup Year and that will start reving up in mid-May.

South-West France.

Copenhagen.

Any more for any more?

Amsterdam. it's about the only really major european city i ahven't been to actually, so i'd be down with that.

or Aarhus! we could TERRIFY Den. :cheers:

As appealing as making den's life miserable sounds, the problem is always getting there. Berlin and Amsterdam, and even Barcelona, have the benefit of being more or less easily accessible, even for us people from the more backward corners of Europe. :)

I presume Aarhus wouldn't be that far away from Copenhagen...if people were serious about it. Den would probably be dead after a day of Needle and CD anyhow, so they would have to return to the big city. ;)

And having scanned through both threads, here is a another list of those places already mentioned, with the most frequently mentioned at the top...

Barcelona

Lisbon

Copenhagen/Aarhus...assuming general vicinity

Stockholm/Lund...assuming general vicinity (wrongly)

Berlin

Munich

Hungary

Amsterdam

Vienna

Hamburg

Cologne

Brussels/Belgium

Lithuania

Dresden

Slovenia

Venice

Bergerac

St Petersburg

Dubrovnik

Rivieria

Since I have a Chicago trip in February, I’ll probably have to sell a kidney to afford another long distant trip. So, Gothenburg anyone. :P

Anyway, the closer to Sweden the better the chances of me attending. And with that being said, I have probably put everyone firmly in the Barcelona camp. :P

Archived