TTTNE 244 Unchained love

BlueRose

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1697467' date='Feb 23 2009, 23.41']Love is a chemical process. Random neurons firing. Molecules bonding. Scents dangling. All this poetry hinges on biological constructs. Formed over millions of years of evolution. Right back to the primordial goo. Love is primal. Ancient. Chemical. Random.[/quote]

Sort of like good Whiskey then?

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1697466' date='Feb 23 2009, 22.41']I'm dealing with the horrible consequences of being nice to someone myself. Not the least of which is that he forced me to run off on you. ;)[/quote]

well maybe my self pity drove me to this sudden rash of nice

[quote name='Space Bandito' post='1697473' date='Feb 24 2009, 06.44']I love when you talk about Yard Duty. You talk about like it is watching a prison Yard. As someone who used to watch teenagers in a lock down facility I guess it can be a bit of a pain at times.[/quote]

Yeah, it's almost like a prison yard. :whip:

Except nobody listens to you and you get endless complaints about kids saying bad words, about kids excluding other kids from games, about kids scraping an elbow, about kids climbing trees, about kids eating each other's lunch.

I occasionally get to break up a fight or two. I've even been smacked in the process. :dunno:

Mostly I got to make sure nobody gets hurt. And that no strangers talk to the kids. And that they don't do anything funny in the bathrooms...

[quote name='mashiara' post='1697485' date='Feb 23 2009, 21.48']Yeah, it's almost like a prison yard. :whip:

Except nobody listens to you and you get endless complaints about kids saying bad words, about kids excluding other kids from games, about kids scraping an elbow, about kids climbing trees, about kids eating each other's lunch.

I occasionally get to break up a fight or two. I've even been smacked in the process. :dunno:

Mostly I got to make sure nobody gets hurt. And that no strangers talk to the kids. And that they don't do anything funny in the bathrooms...[/quote]
If I were on of the kids I would go for a boob grab rather than a slap.

Maybe that was why in grade school I was pulled out of class by my ear a few times...?

[quote name='mashiara' post='1697485' date='Feb 23 2009, 23.48']Mostly I got to make sure nobody gets hurt. And that no strangers talk to the kids. And that they don't do anything funny in the bathrooms...[/quote]

You can never win Mash. My favorite memory of working with teens, was when a 14 year old got mad after loosing basketball. It was outside on a concrete court and he started banging his head against the ground. When asked why he was doing it, he claimed he was trying to get a scar on his head so he could look just like Harry Potter.

All that meant for me was one - clean up. Two, paper work. Three, phone calls.

Archived