Stego's Reading List of SFF

Stego

[quote name='Stego' post='1704014' date='Mar 1 2009, 14.36']20k leagues pisses me off. Sorry. :P[/quote]

????

Giant squid!!!

"Atomic" bomb(s)!!!

Bad symbolic names (Ned Land?*groans*)!!!

What's not to love?

ETA:

I am delighted to see you included Silverberg's [i]Book of Skulls[/i]. You might be the second person I have ever met who has read this book.

I'm glad you left off [i]Glory Road[/i]. Awful. Just awful.

[quote name='Stego' post='1697858' date='Feb 24 2009, 07.19']And I don't much recommend Pynchon. You can handle Pynchon. Martha and Doug can handle it. Julie and Ness and Fee. But most of these yokels? Come on. Bronn reads this forum, for fucks sake.[/quote]

Not often enough, apparently....

[quote name='Greg' post='1721565' date='Mar 17 2009, 00.10']I am delighted to see you included Silverberg's [i]Book of Skulls[/i]. You might be the second person I have ever met who has read this book.[/quote]

Make that three... I didn't much like it way back when I read it, but I have to admit, it's stuck with me, and after twenty years I can remember every detail of the plot.

• 1 month later...

Any reason you didn't include Hal Duncan's Vellum? It's one of the best books I've ever read and I know you gave it a 9.5, which I think is better than several other books on the list got from you.

Archived