FinnCon 2009

Parris

This was my first con ever so it was quite a experience I have mainly lurked on this board for a very long time. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet many from the boards and that was too bad since it was from my limited experience a good con. I managed to spot Luzifers right hand he was nice enough to introduce me to people and hang out with me during the con.

The con had according to the fincon staff 15k visitors over 3 days with 7k programmes being handed out in total so quite a big con. The Animecon made up 2/3 of the visitors each day. Most events was full and there was a lot of interest. George had to schedule more kaffeklatches and signings since they were so popular.

This was my first con ever so it was quite a experience I have mainly lurked on this board for a very long time. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet many from the boards and that was too bad since it was from my limited experience a good con. I managed to spot Luzifers right hand he was nice enough to introduce me to people and hang out with me during the con.

You were great company Gus. Hopefully we will meet again some day.

With a big BwB crowd I think this con would have been the best ever(I have only visited two Worlcons however).

It was a great con and the organizers did and a great job.

I checked my notes and what I remembered with the notes in the spoiler section but couldn't really find any changes to what has already been posted. Without going into spoilers the prologue is hard to follow with all the pov changes when someone is reading it to you, on the other hand it gives a very good almost chaotic feeling that left me impressed.

George did joke more than once about not being in Finland when it was cold since he needed more experience with cold for the rest of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived