Quality Actor for The Hound

They should get the guy who plays Guy of Gisborne on the BBC robin hood for the hound (or any other dark haired role). The guy is truly amazing when it comes to deep and dark types and I'd definitely be glad to see him in this series. Also consider this a thread hi-jacking, sorry OP but I think this guy would make a brilliant hound.

They should get the guy who plays Guy of Gisborne on the BBC robin hood for the hound (or any other dark haired role). The guy is truly amazing when it comes to deep and dark types and I'd definitely be glad to see him in this series. Also consider this a thread hi-jacking, sorry OP but I think this guy would make a brilliant hound.

Yep, Richard Armitage would be a logical choice, but I really think he is hardly "affordable"

Brilliant actor, of right age, face and physique to play Sandor Clegane.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035514/

Yep, Richard Armitage would be a logical choice, but I really think he is hardly "affordable"

affordable :huh: He's doing Robin Hood at the moment. If HBO and the BBC can't scrape together a bigger budget than that ASOIF is going to stink.

IIRC hasn't GRR always thought Ron Perlman would make a good hound and they have history since Beauty and the Beast :hat:

I put this guy up as a good suggestion for Bronn in another thread but he is such a good actor perhaps he could work for the Hound:

Shane Brolly

He is from Belfast, not currently listed as having anything in Production on IMDB? A great member of the cast for any role he would fit IMHO.

Some other good potential talent from Belfast:

Warren Christie = Renly?

Claire Forlani = Ceseri? (Obviously would have to go blonde)

Ciaran Hinds = ???? not sure what character or size role would fit him but very talented guy.

The last two might be stretch gets for this project (tho less so than some of the suggestions that are rife on this site ... Ralph Finnes?!? uh yeah, sure the HP films won't get in the way there) but they seem to be just around the right talent and stature level I'd love to see in the project. (Speaking of total stretches Kenneth Brannagh is from Belfast too!!)

I put this guy up as a good suggestion for Bronn in another thread but he is such a good actor perhaps he could work for the Hound:

Shane Brolly

He is from Belfast, not currently listed as having anything in Production on IMDB? A great member of the cast for any role he would fit IMHO.

Some other good potential talent from Belfast:

Warren Christie = Renly?

Claire Forlani = Ceseri? (Obviously would have to go blonde)

Ciaran Hinds = ???? not sure what character or size role would fit him but very talented guy.

The last two might be stretch gets for this project (tho less so than some of the suggestions that are rife on this site ... Ralph Finnes?!? uh yeah, sure the HP films won't get in the way there) but they seem to be just around the right talent and stature level I'd love to see in the project. (Speaking of total stretches Kenneth Brannagh is from Belfast too!!)

Don't like Shane Brolly, thought he wasn't very good in Underworld. Could be just me though. Ciaran Hinds is great, but I doubt he would come as he is busy and is apparently going to be Aberforth Dumbledore in the new Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows I).

Shane Brolly

Just look at this picture,and tell me it doesn't scream 'Bronn'

Linky

Agreed, Brolly for Bronn :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about who should play the Hound, but I was watching South Park yesterday and came to realization that Butters would make the perfect Tommen. Not sure if he's a member of Britains acting guild though. ;P

james purefoy with a burned face.-

Athletic big guys who are somewhat decent actors...

I always thought of Tripple H from WWE as a Jaime Lannister type... but he could probably do a credible Hound aswell.... I think Kane who came out in see no evil would do a good job as the mountain that rides. As long as he doesn't have to talk much and just look menacing he would do fine.

I always thought of Tripple H from WWE as a Jaime Lannister type... but he could probably do a credible Hound aswell.... I think Kane who came out in see no evil would do a good job as the mountain that rides. As long as he doesn't have to talk much and just look menacing he would do fine.

ok Kane as the mountain = good idea

Triple H as Jamie lannister = insanity. Have you not noticed that although triple H isn't as tall a Kane he is just as wide and may have bigger arms witch makes him way too big to be Jamie

Dude have you read the books? If an actor is good for playing Jaime cant be possibly credible to play the Hound.

you mean you want a "somewhat decent" actor for the hound?? then we disagree, i want an awesome actor and that is what purefoy is. and he is not big in a wrestler way but he is tall. and neither has jamie to be that kind of big. actualy i m pretty sure there werent any sterroids in westeros.

ok Kane as the mountain = good idea

Triple H as Jamie lannister = insanity. Have you not noticed that although triple H isn't as tall a Kane he is just as wide and may have bigger arms witch makes him way too big to be Jamie or the hound

Good point about Tripple H... I guess I should have said HHH's face strikes me as what Jaime would look like.

I don't know if their schedules would even match but I would think that if they are having a hard time finding taller actors, I would hope that they would look into an industry that insists on their employees to be big and have some acting skills.

you mean you want a "somewhat decent" actor for the hound?? then we disagree, i want an awesome actor and that is what purefoy is. and he is not big in a wrestler way but he is tall. and neither has jamie to be that kind of big. actualy i m pretty sure there werent any sterroids in westeros.

sorry,

I didn't notice I replied to you... I didn't mean to reply to your comment specifically just as a general comment to "all"

Archived