Quality Actor for The Hound

I like the choice of Legeno, who at least physically looks like one of the best fighters in Westeros. Very imposing. Not sure about his acting, but he is preferable to all the "pretty" boys that have been suggested.

All the characters will be aged up. And male actors are always playing parts younger than their true age, ie Sean Bean as Ned Stark (50 something guy playing a 35 yr old). Did anyone really imagine the Hound to be barely out of his teens when reading the book? That never rang true to me. Sandor is very world wise, he is not the typical 20 something kid, most of which would be hard pressed to bring the necessary physicality AND pathos to the character. Besides, the burned face will obscure his true age anyway.

Good pick, hope D&D are reading.

Thanks. If he can do a great job with the character I think he'd be perfect, but I don't know if he's a good actor.

Sounds like the Hound casting is going well. From Not A Blog, in response to someone thinking he would be a hard part to cast:

Actually, we've seen a number of actors who would be great as the Hound. Speaking purely for myself, I think the hardest role to fill is Bran.

Hodor is going to be hard as well. We need to find a really big, strong actor who can convey a huge range of reactions and emotions entirely with his face, his eyes, and spoken variations of a single word. Like asking a guitarist to play a tune with only one string.

Sounds like the Hound casting is going well. From Not A Blog, in response to someone thinking he would be a hard part to cast:

Not quite sure I agree that Hodor is going to take some incredible actor. The success of the series will not hinge on this actor's ability to emote w/his eyes when he shouts "Hodor". Hodor has to look like the 2nd biggest (if not strongest) person in all of Westeros_I think his physical presence will be more important.

Now Bran I agree with. This young actor will have the most difficult, physically and emotionally. Bran's role is critical to the series success.

Not quite sure I agree that Hodor is going to take some incredible actor. The success of the series will not hinge on this actor's ability to emote w/his eyes when he shouts "Hodor". Hodor has to look like the 2nd biggest (if not strongest) person in all of Westeros_I think his physical presence will be more important.

Now Bran I agree with. This young actor will have the most difficult, physically and emotionally. Bran's role is critical to the series success.

But since Hodor is obviously Baby Aegon all grown up, he's going to need to be a brilliant actor for his later scenes as King of Westeros.

But since Hodor is obviously Baby Aegon all grown up, he's going to need to be a brilliant actor for his later scenes as King of Westeros.

LOL!! Does Elia have a giant in her family tree? Hodor is a mystery, but his appearance (size and hairiness) does not shout "Targaryen" to me. I love the imagery though. :D

Seriously, does anyone have a clue as to what "Hodor" means? I think that word is the key to his true identity.

He's a Frey. He's gonna be killed by Cat. Hodor means "Hood" and "Door", as in he'll be wearing a hood when he's kicked out the door.

just because his real name is Walder that doesn't make him a frey... Were are did you get the idea that he was a frey?

Because he's Baby Aegon, also known as Aegon Frey Targaryen.

Seriously, ogdebaba, DON'T YOU READ!?!?!?!?

READ? just because i am talking to you on a message board doesn't mean I know how to read. WHERE DID YOU GET THE IDEA I COULD READ?!?!?!?!?

Don't know if it has been suggested....too late and too tired for me to check....

But I saw QT's new movie tonight Inglorious Basterds....

thoughts on

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1616970/

for the hound.

-A

Oh my god! Who is that beautiful man?? Ok, his name is Denis Menochet and since I haven't seen IB yet I have to say he has a great face, but other than that... He's French, and quite a prolific actor.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive only scim read this thread but i just wanted to make a few comments on what has been said. The Cleganes played by Black actors, WTF, the Mountain is tall and blond I dont know about anyone else but I havnt seen many naturally blond black men recently, In fact I dont belive I ever have and the Hound I dont think would work as being a black man as his burns are black and decaying and I dont believe that on screen people would be able to see them.

Another thing that someone said that almost made me cry with laughter it was so ridiculous is Hodor being Baby Aemon Targaryen. WHAT?! The Targaryen Genes are strong, its hard to breed the distinctive Silver Hair and purple eyes out of them, Does Hodor have purple eyes or Silver hair, The answer is NO? I think maybe Jon Snow is a Targaryen, his father being Rhaegar and his mother Lyanna Stark (the Stark genes might be able to breed out the distinctive Targaryen features but the Frey genes couldnt), I also believe that Jon is legitamate, Lyanna loved Rhaegar and had his child. Ned pretended Jon was his bastard so that Robert wouldnt kill him for being a Targaryen, that is the promise he made to Lyanna. But Hodor a Targaryen NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont mean to sound like im picking, if thats your theory fair enough but I just dont see it.

And the Clegane thing I am deadly serious about, there are plenty of black and asian characters in the novels, the cleganes just wouldnt make sense if they were black. Even if they had been descended from Summer Islanders, they arent that many black people in Westeros and that would mean that every generation the Cleganes would be marrying white westerosi nobles etc and they would lose there ethnicity and at most would look tanned not black.

Another thing that someone said that almost made me cry with laughter it was so ridiculous is Hodor being Baby Aemon Targaryen. WHAT?! The Targaryen Genes are strong, its hard to breed the distinctive Silver Hair and purple eyes out of them, Does Hodor have purple eyes or Silver hair, The answer is NO? I think maybe Jon Snow is a Targaryen, his father being Rhaegar and his mother Lyanna Stark (the Stark genes might be able to breed out the distinctive Targaryen features but the Frey genes couldnt)

OT: I was under the impression that the opposite was true. I thought that the Targaryen genes were actually recessive, and that they married their siblings in order to maintain the presence of the silver hair and purple eyes?

OT: I was under the impression that the opposite was true. I thought that the Targaryen genes were actually recessive, and that they married their siblings in order to maintain the presence of the silver hair and purple eyes?

Im not a 100%, i was pretty sure they had dominant genes (although thinking on it Blackfyre and Bloodraven had black hair), I always assumed the Targaryens married within the family to keep the blood pure as everyone else was inferior. I might be wrong but I still believe that the idea of Hodor being a Targaryen is absoloutly proposterous.

Im not a 100%, i was pretty sure they had dominant genes (although thinking on it Blackfyre and Bloodraven had black hair), I always assumed the Targaryens married within the family to keep the blood pure as everyone else was inferior. I might be wrong but I still believe that the idea of Hodor being a Targaryen is absoloutly proposterous.

Heh, don't worry, so do I. My "theory" was just a fun poke at all the so-and-so is actually a Targaryen theories people come up with. We all know there's only one secret Targaryen running around and that's

SPOILER: spoiler
Hot Pie Targaryen, first of his name

• 2 weeks later...

Archived