Mafia Game 63

House Targaryen

Sorry, I've been waxing on and off the ol' car all day, but I'm here now and ready to play.

(...and with that I've just exhausted my entire knowledge of the Karate Kid franchise)

Is Hall my first name or my last name? If it's my last name can my first name be 'Hal'?

ETA: Dude, my kick rocks! Eat that black robed scum!

[quote name='Hall' post='1720421' date='Mar 16 2009, 01.45']Talk about disappointing:
I just checked the wikipedia article 'list of characters in The Karate Kid' and I'm not even important enough to be listed as a secondary or tertiary character :([/quote]

Maybe the mods made you up as filler?

Sorry for spamming up the thread but I figured I 'd get it out there now as useless as it is:
I'm already suspicious of our dear 'referee' Espinoza; Just seems they were chomping at the bit to get said coveted position.
OK, so it's not really indicative of guilt by itself, but if he is evil it pretty much guarantees the baddies get a free pass for the day. I could see a bad guy being much more anxious to get the position -- i.e. refreshing the browser until the game starts -- than your typical innocent.

[quote name='Hall' post='1720429' date='Mar 16 2009, 01.59']Sorry for spamming up the thread but I figured I 'd get it out there now as useless as it is:
I'm already suspicious of our dear 'referee' Espinoza; Just seems they were chomping at the bit to get said coveted position.
OK, so it's not really indicative of guilt by itself, but if he is evil it pretty much guarantees the baddies get a free pass for the day. I could see a bad guy being much more anxious to get the position -- i.e. refreshing the browser until the game starts -- than your typical innocent.[/quote]

Nice. I didn't even know that was how the ref for day was was being chosen. I am just lucky that way :P No matter, it is just one day, then the...what should be call him?...the "ref maker" will pick who is the ref.

eta: I just checked and your theory fails as it was not announced in advance that this would be the case, but in the "GO" post. I just happened to be on when that post occurred.

[quote name='Espinoza' post='1720432' date='Mar 15 2009, 20.03']eta: I just checked and your theory fails as it was not announced in advance that this would be the case, but in the "GO" post. I just happened to be on when that post occurred.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was stated in the rules.
Actually originally my suspicions fell on both you and Vidal as you both posted very suspect looking 'quick grabs' as your first posts.
Alas, that theory was blown out of the water when I went back to check posting times however. I don't know how accurate the clocks are on this bored or if they can be influenced by a users own computer clock, but it looks as if the Vidal's post wasn't in the right time frame for a 'quick grab'.

[quote name='Hall' post='1720457' date='Mar 16 2009, 02.58']I'm pretty sure it was stated in the rules.
Actually originally my suspicions fell on both you and Vidal as you both posted very suspect looking 'quick grabs' as your first posts.
Alas, that theory was blown out of the water when I went back to check posting times however. I don't know how accurate the clocks are on this bored or if they can be influenced by a users own computer clock, but it looks as if the Vidal's post wasn't in the right time frame for a 'quick grab'.[/quote]

If it is, I didn't notice. :dunno:

Anyway, I am checking out for the night. We have 2 players who have yet to check in: Miyagi and Johny L.

Miyagi say....

Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later...

*makes squish gesture*

....get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"....

*makes squish gesture*

....just like grape. Understand?

[i](this is the best alt ever)[/i]

[quote name='Espinoza' post='1720465' date='Mar 15 2009, 21.05']If it is, I didn't notice. :dunno:[/quote]

I tell you what Miyagi think! I think you *dance around* too much! I think you *talk* too much! I think you not concentrate enough! Lots of work to be done! Tournament just around corner!

[quote name='mod in post 3']On day one the referee will be the first player to post on the thread after the "Go!" post.[/quote]

How am I supposed to win the All Valley Tournament if I still don't know karate? I've been waxing cars all day!! The only person who has taught me anything is Kreese (thanks for the elbow striking tip :thumbsup:). Who's not Kreese. But I have no other name for him so I guess I'll just have to call him Kreese, but remember that he's not.

:dunno:

Archived