Interview with David Benioff

Hm aren't there still leaves on the trees at the beginning of the book? I mean, it's late summer, so the trees are surely supposed to have leaves (maybe colored ones). But October is autumn. I've to Ireland last October and well, it was still good enough for a late summer, but then they really have to hurry shooting the Pilot.
Still great news!

[quote name='Yerman' post='1706371' date='Mar 3 2009, 19.48']I live in an area infested with small forts and shit, so they're bound to shoot nearby. (I hope) I can pull off dead guy #7, honest... :leaving:[/quote]

I'll fight you for it! :fence:

Tipperary here. We only have small castles, nothing major (even the Rock is pretty small) but I'm confident. Even if nothing gets picked up here, hell, it's a small country, and my Capri will take me anywhere ;)

[quote]I'll fight you for it! :fence:[/quote]

:pirate: Careful! Though sticking me with a sword will only enhance the realism of my portrayal of "dead guy #7".....

[quote name='Yerman' post='1706641' date='Mar 3 2009, 22.14']Tipperary here. We only have small castles, nothing major (even the Rock is pretty small) but I'm confident. Even if nothing gets picked up here, hell, it's a small country, and my Capri will take me anywhere ;)

:pirate: Careful! Though sticking me with a sword will only enhance the realism of my portrayal of "dead guy #7".....[/quote]

Lots of castles around here. Some have been used for films before, a lot are ruined. But their's one across the road from me which was used in High Spirits and Killinaskully.

I'd see Wicklow and Donegal and places like that are more likely though. Some of the bigger castles couldn't be used because of tourism and modernised surroundings and all that. Bunratty, for example.

[quote name='Yerman' post='1706744' date='Mar 3 2009, 23.26']Well, I'll be living in Limerick by October, so we'll see![/quote]

Student? Limerick is great. Made out to be worse than it is. Unless you're a criminal of some sort, it's great.

[quote name='Fireball07' post='1706691' date='Mar 3 2009, 22.36']Some of the bigger castles couldn't be used because of tourism and modernised surroundings and all that. Bunratty, for example.[/quote]
That might be the advantage of filming in October. It wouldn't be the tourist season, so some of the best castles may be delighted to get some guaranteed revenue at that time of the year.

I must say, i'm pleasantly surprised. But since the pilot will be focused on Winterfell, Ireland would work. We can do rather old castles quite well. :)

[quote name='Parris' post='1707250' date='Mar 4 2009, 01.14']Ireland? Cool! ;)

Guess I'm going to have to pull strings to be cast as Arya's and Sansa's septa....[/quote]
That, Parris, would be awesome. :)

Actually, I'd be suprised not to see you and George in the background at some point. It can be like "Where's Waldo?" :cheers:

Oddly enough Iceland is more known for being green. Greenland is where all the ice and snow is.

I know it sounds weird but its true. You can definitely find snow in any of the countries, but if you want immense snowfall, check out Greenland.

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1706171' date='Mar 3 2009, 10.16']No, but the Others will be obsessed with sugary cereal with strange marshmellow shapes. :wideeyed:

Good news. Assuming the pilot gets picked up, I guess that means we'll see the show summer of 2010 at the earliest.

I guess I don't need HBO until then. ;)[/quote]

Me too. I will cancel my HBO subscription until I hear of the release of this.

Archived