Lost season 5 part 3

Fatuous

[quote name='Tb0ne' post='1709498' date='Mar 5 2009, 14.11']It makes you wonder whether Ben ever realised that some of the people who crashed on the Island in 2004 looked awfully similar to people who used to work for Dharma as he was growing up. At this point young-Ben chould be around 13-18 years old and it will be interesting to find other whether his attraction to Juliet might have started quite young.[/quote]

Hey, I know the answer to this one:

Ben has probably forgotten about them. :P

All this time travel stuff makes for some fun episodes but it makes no sense whatsoever.

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1709940' date='Mar 5 2009, 21.49']Did anyone else wonder how Christian Shepard showed up around 3000 or so BC or was it just me? I don't know which is odder, him being there or the implication that the donkey wheel was there at that time.[/quote]
We're supposed to assume that the Egyptians built it, I think. Or maybe it wasn't even the Egyptians, but whoever the inhabitants of the Island were. I'm sure it'll be explained.

And my guess is that Christian can time travel now, having become one with the island or some such. It's interesting to note, though, that in this episode's "Previously on Lost" segment he wasn't visible.

[quote name='The Man' post='1710012' date='Mar 5 2009, 23.07']We're supposed to assume that the Egyptians built it, I think. Or maybe it wasn't even the Egyptians, but whoever the inhabitants of the Island were. I'm sure it'll be explained.

And my guess is that Christian can time travel now, having become one with the island or some such. It's interesting to note, though, that in this episode's "Previously on Lost" segment he wasn't visible.[/quote]

I thought they just happened to show shots which Christian wasn't in.

As for Ben remembering the 815ers... I was fine with Rousseau not remembering Jin because she saw him for all of 5 minutes and then spent twenty years going crazy- memory just isn't that good anyway, and since Rousseau doesn't know about time travel it completely makes sense she wouldn't recognize Jin. But it is weird that Ben wouldn't recognize three or four people together who he spent three years with in a small community, especially since it's like that he learns about the island's ability to time travel, even if he never sees it himself.

[quote name='Brahm_K' post='1710027' date='Mar 5 2009, 21.25']As for Ben remembering the 815ers... I was fine with Rousseau not remembering Jin because she saw him for all of 5 minutes and then spent twenty years going crazy- memory just isn't that good anyway, and since Rousseau doesn't know about time travel it completely makes sense she wouldn't recognize Jin. But it is weird that Ben wouldn't recognize three or four people together who he spent three years with in a small community, especially since it's like that he learns about the island's ability to time travel, even if he never sees it himself.[/quote]

Well he did keep Sawyer in a cage, and tortured him.

I'm guessing ben does know but hid it for his own reasons.

Still having john and ben and the 315's in 2007 while the rest are in 1977 was something I didn't expect and it's a bit hard for my mind to wrap around.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1710441' date='Mar 6 2009, 09.23']Juliette is pregnant in '77 with Sawyer? I missed that... :stunned:[/quote]

I was just wondering because she had a bit of a belly when LaFluer gave her a flower. Three years is a long time and there is no "No Baby" clause for DHARMA but it could have just been the way she wore her shirt. I did put a question mark with it for that reason. It has been an issue of Juliet's character though, from fertility issues with her sister to living on the poisoned Island with Ben and Goodwin. A loving, healthy and above all fruitfull relationship would be good for her.

"Pregnant in '77 with Sawyer". "With" is kind of vague in this context, isn't it?

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1710449' date='Mar 6 2009, 09.33']I was just wondering because she had a bit of a belly when LaFluer gave her a flower. Three years is a long time and there is no "No Baby" clause for DHARMA but it could have just been the way she wore her shirt. I did put a question mark with it for that reason. It has been an issue of Juliet's character though, from fertility issues with her sister to living on the poisoned Island with Ben and Goodwin. A loving, healthy and above all fruitfull relationship would be good for her.

"Pregnant in '77 with Sawyer". "With" is kind of vague in this context, isn't it?[/quote]

Maybe. It was a reactionary post to the post here is all. :P

I don't think Juliet is pregnant; she's still obviously traumatized by all the pregnant women she couldn't help while with Others, would she get pregnant in this situation? It seemed to me Sawyer and co. don't know untill Amy's baby is born what the situation in this time is... But maybe I'm wrong, because they didn't seem too worried about Amy prior to her premature labor. Oh who knows...

I also like Juliet/Sawyer pairing, it's the only one that makes sense in the series so far; the Kate ones were always very very silly, and I really hope she doesn't spoil everything with some more silliness.

And am I wrong or was Jin searching the island for "their people", and Sawyer didn't seem too surprised when he got the call? So were they expecting 06 to return after all this time? Or were they still waiting for Locke? And I also want to know what happened to Rose and Bernard already!

Why would Faraday tell Charlotte she's not to come back? He says whatever happened happened, so... is he going to accept Charlotte's death and act accordingly? That doesn't make much sense. Or is something going to happen which leads him to believe he can change the future/past? And if that little girl isn't Charlotte because the timing is off, what sense does that scene make?

Also, Jin now knows Sun is back to the island, so he may be the one that triggers the building of the Orchid station.

Did the same amount of time pass for all losties (execpt for Locke) since they last show each other? Is that a coincidence?

Ah I can't wait the next episode... And Ben

[quote name='elje']But maybe I'm wrong, because they didn't seem too worried about Amy prior to her premature labor. Oh who knows...[/quote]

She was scheduled to be shipped back to civilization before giving birth, but labour started sooner than predicted.

God, I'm already dreading the love quadrangle they are going to torture us with. It was the worst aspect of BSG's very weak 3rd season, and now it has infested [i]Lost[/i] just when the show has become consistently awesome again.

[quote name='Jon AS' post='1710571' date='Mar 6 2009, 09.05']She was scheduled to be shipped back to civilization before giving birth, but labour started sooner than predicted.

God, I'm already dreading the love quadrangle they are going to torture us with. It was the worst aspect of BSG's very weak 3rd season, and now it has infested [i]Lost[/i] just when the show has become consistently awesome again.[/quote]

no kidding. It was obvious where this episode was going, and once Kate stepped from the vehicle all I could think of was "god, what an ugly b****."

Sawyer! Don't go for it!

Loved his little chit-chat with Alpert.

The spoilers Werthead listed above about young Benny are very intriguing. It's about time they reveal the Hostiles/true Others in full.

[quote name='kuenjato' post='1710641' date='Mar 6 2009, 09.50']no kidding. It was obvious where this episode was going, and once Kate stepped from the vehicle all I could think of was "god, what an ugly b****."[/quote]

That's just ridiculous. The character of Kate may be many negative things, but ugly is not one of them. I think makeup did a good job with the bags under her eyes, but your comment is just plain silly.

Indeed, anyone seriously saying that Kate is not attractive physically has some problems.

I'm more interested in Jack this year actually. They are doing a good job both in the writing and the acting of making him behave like a broken man. And no I don't think there is going to be a love quadrangle, it will still be a triangle. Kate doesn't want Jack anymore.

I'm still of the opinion that basically every single ep where Jack is an important part of the plot this season has been fairly bad, and every single ep where he's basically not there or irrelevant has been very good. Correlation does not imply causation, and I'm sure it has to do more with the fact that the island story has been a lot more interesting than the Oceanic 6 one - but it's also to do with the fact that Jack as a character is horrifically flawed and uninteresting.

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1709940' date='Mar 5 2009, 21.49']Did anyone else wonder how Christian Shepard showed up around 3000 or so BC or was it just me? I don't know which is odder, him being there or the implication that the donkey wheel was there at that time.[/quote]

I'm lost (pun not intended). When did we see ancient Egypt?

When the islanders teleported right before Locke moved the wheel, and we see this giant Egyptian statue. It was the beginning of the episode.

And Christian didn't show up in this ep because they would have had to pay the actor for that scene. It's that simple.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1710757' date='Mar 6 2009, 12.50']I'm still of the opinion that basically every single ep where Jack is an important part of the plot this season has been fairly bad, and every single ep where he's basically not there or irrelevant has been very good. Correlation does not imply causation, and I'm sure it has to do more with the fact that the island story has been a lot more interesting than the Oceanic 6 one - but it's also to do with the fact that Jack as a character is horrifically flawed and uninteresting.[/quote]

As Ben learned, you just can't compete with a time travelling, death defying, death denying, paradox smashing, miracle making John Locke. Jack should have taken this season off.

[quote]Why would Faraday tell Charlotte she's not to come back? He says whatever happened happened, so... is he going to accept Charlotte's death and act accordingly? That doesn't make much sense. Or is something going to happen which leads him to believe he can change the future/past? And if that little girl isn't Charlotte because the timing is off, what sense does that scene make?[/quote]

Well, Charlotte has already told Faraday that someone like him has already warned her not to return to the Island. Whether ot not it does any good, he'll have to do it anyway because he's already done it. As for Faraday learning some new tricks, he may only delude himself into thinking he change her fate; He's not the most dependable of decision makers.

[quote name='The Man' post='1710012' date='Mar 5 2009, 23.07']We're supposed to assume that the Egyptians built it, I think. Or maybe it wasn't even the Egyptians, but whoever the inhabitants of the Island were. I'm sure it'll be explained.[/quote]

Could the island = Atlantis? If it was in the mediterranean and then disapeared, maybe thats a tie in they are going for. I'm glad they finally followed up the statue but pissed we didnt see it from the front.

[quote name='Bach' post='1710314' date='Mar 6 2009, 07.09']Still having john and ben and the 315's in 2007 while the rest are in 1977 was something I didn't expect and it's a bit hard for my mind to wrap around.[/quote]

How do we know they are still in 2007 and not 1977?

Archived