The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Hmm.

The one alternative I can suggest is putting up new entries on the ASoIaF Wikia instead, and then transferring them to the Board Wiki when it goes back up.

The only issue is that I haven't copied any of the character templates over. I suppose editors can still put content up and worry about the templates when the Board Wiki resurfaces.

I'm developing an idea that the Wikia could be used exclusively for the HBO series to avoid duplication of effort, but until that begins my plan was to use the Wikia as a sort of back-up or testing ground for the board one.

Edited by Werthead

Interesting idea, certainly. :)

What we're waiting on now is for IPB Wiki to be updated for Mediawiki 1.15. Once that happens, we'll try installing those two and see if that helps the situation...

Although actually, this reminds me of something else I wanted to try first. *goes and tries that*

Okay. It's up. Sort of. Not strictly sure if everyone will be able to access it or not. I had to turn off the IPB Wiki bridging function, and I think if you have cookies that had you logging in automatically before, that that should still be valid. But if you've lost those, you probably can't log in, and so can't edit.

Let me know if anyone has any issues.

From your 'summer' comment I thought you meant it was going to be down for a bit longer than a few hours ;)

Okay, it seems okay. Content all seems to be there, I can make changes and edit and - most importantly - it's now loading pages in less time than it takes me to make a cup of tea, which I'm guessing was the original objective?

Nice.

Ah, no. I just meant that Sparks would be around less actively, and so the pace of getting things fixed might be a bit slowed down. :)

Another thing I had to turn off was the Category Tree extension. Not really sure if anyone used that, but it doesn't seem to work at all with 5.3.0 and it hasn't been updated in a good while. Hopefully someone will fix it up.

There is a problem when in a template a calculation is made. It does not seem to work.

I used this to determine which Feature quote should be selected (for the Main Page). I have a temporarily fix that selects the Feature quote number that corresponds to the day of the month (there is no calculation in that). This means the quotes with a number > 31 will not be selected. But I guess that is acceptable.

Yes, I noticed that. I can't imagine it has to do with taking out CategoryTree. It may be a 5.3.0 issue which may be fixed when we upgrade to 1.15. Thanks for the temporary patch, Scafloc. :)

I see. Removing the IPB Wiki check allows people without accounts to start editing. I need to see how to change user rights so only users with accounts can do so. I reverted the spammer's change.

ETA: Okay, think I fixed it. No one can create new accounts from the Wiki at this stage. I'm not sure if people who set up an account here will have access to editing on the wiki or not. We'll have to hope 1.15 and the new IPB Wiki to support it will get the job done.

Edited by Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Call it "Pate (disambiguation)", like here : http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon...disambiguation). "Disambiguation" is better than "homonyms", and it's the term used on wikipedia too.

It a good idea because there are 4 ou 5 "Pate" in ASOIAF.

Pat, Prince Tommen's whipping boy

:rolleyes: Isn't it Joffrey's whipping boy ?

Edited by Evrach

Guest Other-in-law
:rolleyes: Isn't it Joffrey's whipping boy ?

He may have been mentioned at some point in Joffrey's reign (though I don't recall it), but Cersei definitely threatened Tommen by having Pate whipped in aFfC.

He may have been mentioned at some point in Joffrey's reign (though I don't recall it), but Cersei definitely threatened Tommen by having Pate whipped in aFfC.

Pate had been Joffrey's whipping boy as well:

Pate was Tommen's whipping boy, as he had been Joffrey's.

• 2 weeks later...