The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Ah, forgot to say. The upgrade has wiped out the IPB Wiki bridge functionality, so none of that is working presently. The maintainer had planned to release an IPB 3.0 compatible bridge last weekend but fell ill. I think he may release it this weekend, and if so we'll get that installed so that editing can resume.

Ah, forgot to say. The upgrade has wiped out the IPB Wiki bridge functionality, so none of that is working presently. The maintainer had planned to release an IPB 3.0 compatible bridge last weekend but fell ill. I think he may release it this weekend, and if so we'll get that installed so that editing can resume.

The wiki is still down. Is the maintainer still ill?

Should be back now. :) The developer is still not finished with his full release, but he has a prerelease out that's just missing some bits of polish. Seems to have installed cleanly.

Let me know if there are any issues.

The wiki has now finally been updated to Creative Commons licensing, making it fully compatible with Wikipedia and other, similarly-licensed wikis. This does mean that any material posted to the wiki must be CC licensed. If you've placed material there that is under copyright and/or has not been released with a compatible license (public domain, CC), please remove it or acquire clear confirmation that it is CC licensed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just been touring the wiki and, my God ... it's simply beautiful. Thank you to everyone who's been putting so much work into it. Your dedication shows through and it's breathtaking.

One suggestion: the entries about each chapter ... shouldn't those also include some kind of time-frame reference? That is, if we know that a chapter took place so many months into a year, that could be included, but at least the year itself? That could then even lead into another classification of entries: years, or even months in a year. Click on it, and get a list of significant plot points and/or chapters that appear to have taken place in that year.

Edited by Lord Caspen

I've just been touring the wiki and, my God ... it's simply beautiful. Thank you to everyone who's been putting so much work into it. Your dedication shows through and it's breathtaking.

One suggestion: the entries about each chapter ... shouldn't those also include some kind of time-frame reference? That is, if we know that a chapter took place so many months into a year, that could be included, but at least the year itself? That could then even lead into another classification of entries: years, or even months in a year. Click on it, and get a list of significant plot points and/or chapters that appear to have taken place in that year.

Good idea. Cross-referencing is always great. Feel free to create what you need on the wiki.

Pale Griffin,

I'm certainly tempted. Can you show me how?

At this moment there are no pages per year, all years link to the appropriate section of Years after Aegon's Landing. So if you would add a reference to say for instance year 299 AL, you have to add "[[299 AL]]". Then if you click the page you will go to the section 299 AL within the article "Years after Aeogon's Landing".

Maybe you could add the year in the table in the beginning of the article.

I was think about expanding that part to include a link to the next chapter of the same POV character. A picture of the character would also be nice. Does anybody know of pictures of POV characters that we can you use (under the GNU Free Documentation Licens ect)

• 4 weeks later...

A question has come up regarding spoiler notices in the wiki. I had a vague recollection that we've had this discussion in the recent past, but I cannot find it.

Anyone have any thoughts or positions to share in regard to the level of spoiler notification we should have in our articles?

• 1 month later...

What should this character's title be?

Daemon II Blackfyre. King, Prince or Lord? Was he crowned? Everyone abandoned him and he was kept as a prisoner in King's Landing. He would be the titular Lord Blackfyre, but would he not also be a prince, since he is descended Daemon, who was crowned?

Spoiler
On lgdn wiki we put "prétendant au trône" (that could be translated in "pretender to the throne" or "throne pretender" ; my grammar sucks :blushing: ) like for his father.

• 2 weeks later...

New question. When Stannis made Salladhor Saan Lord of Blackwater Bay...did he establish a new noble house...or is it just a title like Shield of Lannisport or Warden of the North?

I don't think Stannis gave Sallador a castle so it is probably only a title or rank of a commander. Like the title Robb gave his uncle: Warden of the Southern Marches. Or like the titles of the Lannister like you said.