The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

I'm oddly not exactly sure what's wrong or right anymore but it seems like the dates keep getting shift around. Sometimes Aegon is born in 280 sometimes 282.

Shrug, i also may be mistaken or whatever.

No, you're not. In fact, you're exactly correct. I, too, have noticed that the timeline is completely unreliable around the exact years you've specified.

Leng is an independent nation from Yi Ti. GRRM says so. I don't know how to fix it so.

And I think Tiqui is a city in Yi Ti. Upper part of the forests of Yi Ti is also a part of Yi Ti.

Edited by the Prince of Thorns

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally gotten around to some interwiki work, so now the Persian wiki at westeros.ir is supported (using the prefix fa, for Farsi, as is Wikipedia standard).

If I've forgotten any other interwiki requests, please post them here.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that coats of arms are painted by different authors, but shouldn't they follow some simple guidelines regarding format? For example, every Coat of Arms should be without the scroll with the house Motto. There are many mottos that are not known, so I guess that it is jsut fair not to include them in the coat of arms images.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I'm the admin of "La Barriera" (it means "The Wall" in italian), the biggest italian ASOIAF community.

We recently started a wiki in italian, and we would be honored to join your group of "wiki sisters", since I noticed there is still no wiki in italian language.

So I'm here to ask you what is the road to do to join our works to yours.

Thank you for your attention, and sorry for my poor english.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...

I just created an account here in the forum and am logged in, but I still can't edit pages on the wiki:

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: Members, Root Admin, Administrators, Board Moderators, Forum Moderators.

In the wiki under "my Preferences" it says

Member of groups:

Autoconfirmed users, Users

So how can I become a member of the Group "Members" instead of just "users" ?!

OK, thanks for the information.

I thought spammers were already taken care of through the individual activation of new (forum) accounts by the admin.

This should probably be clarified on the Registration page in the wiki. Well, I guess in a few posts time I can do so myself :D

edit: OK, I can already edit wiki pages now. So I guess it's two forum posts...

Edited by Janila

Hi everybody,

I just want to say "Thank you" to all those who edit the Awoiaf-Wiki and who keep it alive. It's so wonderful to read all those interesting articles with some aspects I never knew before. Great job! :thumbsup:

Edited by Councillor

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. On several pages (timeline pages, house Martell page, I believe also the page of Princess Daenerys) there is a year given for the marriage of Daenerys and prince Maron, and of Dorne formally joining the seven Kingdoms. It is stated on the wiki that this happened in 197 AL, the year after the Blackfyre Rebellion ended. But in the books I couldn't find anything about the year, nor in an SSM. So I was wondering, does anyone know where that year came from? None of the pages have a source given for it. I was wondering if anyone could explain this, and if I can edit those pages to remove the date?