The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Yeah, not the most accurate depiction. The hair is all wrong, too. I understand the desire to have some sort of image, but something completely wrong doesn't make sense. Any depiction of Alleras needs to have the brown skin (light brown to be more exact, per GRRM) and the tight cap of curly hair.

I have a question. On several pages (timeline pages, house Martell page, I believe also the page of Princess Daenerys) there is a year given for the marriage of Daenerys and prince Maron, and of Dorne formally joining the seven Kingdoms. It is stated on the wiki that this happened in 197 AL, the year after the Blackfyre Rebellion ended. But in the books I couldn't find anything about the year, nor in an SSM. So I was wondering, does anyone know where that year came from? None of the pages have a source given for it. I was wondering if anyone could explain this, and if I can edit those pages to remove the date?

It's specificed in the pen-and-paper RPG, IIRC. It's one of the tidbits GRRM gave the game designers.

I think this needs updating.

{{Date| }}

The resulting link is still AL. Didn't GRRM confirm that the correct term is now AC?

AGoT uses the term 'AL' in its appendix. If GRRM is indeed using 'AC', it may be that the two terms coexist (just as some people today use 'BCE' and 'CE' rather than 'BC' and 'AD'). If it's an official retcon, then the dates would need to be changed. But I don't see the need to make it an official retcon, it could just be that the maester writing the world book prefers the 'BC' and 'AC' designations and other ones prefer 'AL' (and presumably 'BL' for Before the Landing).

It's specificed in the pen-and-paper RPG, IIRC. It's one of the tidbits GRRM gave the game designers.

So it's canon? Is there perhaps a source (a link or a quote) you can provide me? :)

It would make Daenerys about 26/27 years old when she got married. Pretty late for a marriage, isn't it?

Although, Arianne is still unmarried at 23, so Dornish might not see it as a problem :P

Edit: And, thank you!!! :D

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

• 1 month later...

So I got my hands on the deluxe limited edition A Game of Thrones role-playing game and resource book, and I couldn't find the year mentioned in there. Do you have any other idea where the year 197 AC might have come from?

I assume with pen-and-paper RPG you mean the one I mention here?

Thought somebody looking into this thread could no the answer:

Does amoka permit that his portraits are used on the net in an ASoIaF context? I've written an on line review of TPatQ and would like to add the portraits of Aegon II and Rhaenyra. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that...

Thought somebody looking into this thread could no the answer:

Does amoka permit that his portraits are used on the net in an ASoIaF context? I've written an on line review of TPatQ and would like to add the portraits of Aegon II and Rhaenyra. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that...

You could try emailing him; his address is linked at the bottom of his website. FYI, he goes by Amok, not Amoka.

I have just went to see something about Stannis, and I felt like Stannis page was written by some Stan-fan... The article is a bit off in describing how Stannis get into possession of Dragonstone, plus, I doubt Robert gave him DS to get him off the mainland... I would ask of the editors to take a look at it, and correct some bias looks in it... Thank you...

P.S. All the best in your work... I applaud to all your dedication... Well done, indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a page on the wiki where the calculations are made for the birth years? Because if not, I could make one, and whenever there is a year which isn't easy to calculate (for example Catelyns or Lysa's birth year) I could explain it on there and place he link to that wiki page. That would also be helpfull for, for example, Edmure's age, which can't precisely be pin-pointed, but the page could for instance say in between which years Edmure would have been born.

I have been calculating at the ages lately, and I saw that the wiki isn't as accurate as it could be on this, unfortunately. I know that for some characters, there are theory pages concerning the ages and birth years of the characters, but that aren't many. So would it perhaps be an idea to put such information on 1 page, which can then be referred to as a source?

• 1 month later...