The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Hmm.. As I posted this morning, I could still see it then, when I was logged out, but a few hours later, I couldn't find anything wrong, nor at the few other times I checked the pages over the course of the day.. I guess it took a while before the change in the template was visible all over the wiki, both for logged in and logged out.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we accept pages on the wiki for characters who we only know through semi-canon sources? It was done previously for the mistresses of Aegon IV, but is this allowed?

If it's content from a published work (like a comic book or video game), I think it would be okay as long as the info's origin is clearly stated. If it's info that came from a reading (for instance, spoken westerlands history that was not included in TWOIAF), that's a question for Ran to answer, I think.

On a different note, articles in "Category:Places on the eastern continent" can now be moved to "Category:Places in Essos".

If it's content from a published work (like a comic book or video game), I think it would be okay as long as the info's origin is clearly stated. If it's info that came from a reading (for instance, spoken westerlands history that was not included in TWOIAF), that's a question for Ran to answer, I think.

On a different note, articles in "Category:Places on the eastern continent" can now be moved to "Category:Places in Essos".

It concerns characters mentioned in readings by name, indeed.

I believe the MUSH itself it not canonical.

Well, some things are canon, others aren't... The MUSH was updated for the World Book after all, and another update will (soon) appear...

The problem with that is, that we don't know what exactly is canon, and what isn't... Which means, in essence, that we shouldn't use anything from the MUSH..

But it would be my guess that the MUSH is where Johanna's last name came from

A question has been raised in another thread concerning the display of the death of Pate the Novice. While I personally feel that Pate is clearly dying, I can ser how some people disagree that it is immediately clear. We don't actually 'see' it happening (people rarely get to see their own deaths, and the chapter is from Pate's own POV).

The issue now: should we keep Pate's death in the infobox? Or should we detail the likelyhood of his death in a paragraph below the "recent events" section?

He was halfway down the alley when the cobblestones began to move beneath his feet. The stones are slick and wet, he thought, but that was not it. He could feel his heart hammering in his chest. "What's happening?" he said. His legs had turned to water. "I don't understand."

"And never will," a voice said sadly.

The cobblestones rushed up to kiss him. Pate tried to cry for help, but his voice was failing too.

His last thought was of Rosey.

It's more than heavily implied, and the appearance of "Pate" in Feast's last chapter confirms it. I agree there can be de doubts for some characters, but the real Pate is clearly dead.

Well, some things are canon, others aren't... The MUSH was updated for the World Book after all, and another update will (soon) appear...

The problem with that is, that we don't know what exactly is canon, and what isn't... Which means, in essence, that we shouldn't use anything from the MUSH..

But it would be my guess that the MUSH is where Johanna's last name came from

Since Ran has verified that the MUSH is not canon, I think Johanna Westerling should be moved to Johanna Lannister, her canonical name in TWOIAF. Mention could be made that she is from House Westerling according to a reading, however.

Since Ran has verified that the MUSH is not canon, I think Johanna Westerling should be moved to Johanna Lannister, her canonical name in TWOIAF. Mention could be made that she is from House Westerling according to a reading, however.

Did it indeed originate from a reading? The only reading it could have been, was the Westerlands reading.. And the notes taken from there, placed in historyofwesteros.org, have an addition stating that, when cross-referenced with the MUSH, she seems to have been a Westerling..

So I think the last-name thing in MUSH only.

So yeah, I agree, she should definitly be moved to Lannister. In no canon material is she described as Westerling.

Maybe it could be added as a footnote/reference? Would that work?