The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

I only understand the basics of how references work, so I'm posting this here rather than trying to fix it myself.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Silent_sisters

A daughter of Ser Elys Waynwood was seduced by a sellsword, lost her bastard child by him and joined the silent sisters.[8]

But ref 8 is Chapter 41 (Jon) of Game, when this info comes from Littlefinger's Arryn family infodump in Sansa's last chapter in Feast.

Fixed.

The mistake was that it said {{Ref|AGOT|41}}, and in that book, chapter 41 is a Jon chapter. It should have been {{Ref|AFFC|41}}, a Sansa chapter. :) So someone accidentally got the book wrong in the ref.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Thanks.

It is actually surprising to me that there is even any discussion on this matter. I suppose being used to ebooks has its disadvantages.

Where can I check that policy?

I am still waiting for some source on that policy. Which, really, is difficult to accept, to say the least.

Is this still on the agenda? Doing this for each region?

I like the look of it. IIRC Scafloc was looking into the feasibility of something similar for infoboxes.

I only understand the basics of how references work, so I'm posting this here rather than trying to fix it myself.

There is some info at Help:Referencing and Canon. Feel free to test at the Sandbox.

I am still waiting for some source on that policy. Which, really, is difficult to accept, to say the least.

I don't think there is one, actually. I don't remember the name, but someone started removing the specific page info from chapter refs maybe a year or two ago, and others felt they should follow?

I think it is a more organized look to have the references displaying only the book, chapter number, and POV, instead of having the page numbers or ISBN numbers behind. Simply because not every edition is the same. The chapters are not that big, so if you want to find the reference, it won't take much time.

Something we could do, though, is, instead of displaying references like:

A Game of Thrones, chapter 1, Bran

Display them like this:

A Game of Thrones, chapter 1, Bran 1

Oh, sorry, I didnt mean it was linked anywhere (that I noticed anyway). I was just browsing the wiki. The page name (Viserys Targaryen (Son of Aenys)) appeared in the search bar drop down menu but i dont think it is linked anywhere (definitely not on the page Maegor or the disambiguation page). My question was more because I wasnt sure if the World of Ice and Fire stuff was all up yet :)

Oh, sorry, I didnt mean it was linked anywhere (that I noticed anyway). I was just browsing the wiki. The page name (Viserys Targaryen (Son of Aenys)) appeared in the search bar drop down menu but i dont think it is linked anywhere (definitely not on the page Maegor or the disambiguation page). My question was more because I wasnt sure if the World of Ice and Fire stuff was all up yet :)

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Regent_Wars

The Regent Wars was the name given to the numerous political conflicts that occurred between the years of 131 AC and 136 AC during the regency of King Aegon the Third.

The Regent Wars as they became known finally ended on Aegon III Targaryen sixteenth nameday when the King now of age entered the small council chambers and dismissed all the Regents and his Hand of the King, Lord Manderly. This was regarded as the official end of the political conflict known as the Regent Wars. [1]

The thing is I can't find a single instance where this period is referred to as "The Regent Wars" in any of the books. Am I missing something?

I dont have my World book with me so I can't check that, but my understanding pre-world book was that it was a name mentioned in the MUSH? If you cant find it in the World book i guess it could have come from there (though I know the citation doesnt say so)

Without a canon or even semi-canon source for the proper name "Regent Wars", it might be better to move it to a descriptive name such as "regents [or regency] of Aegon III Targaryen". Since the proper name is not mentioned in TWOIAF, it could be that George has changed his mind (if the original source was a reading).