The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Yes, the thing is that once IPB-Wiki Bridge worked properly, you basically never referenced the Wiki account, other than for the bridge to say "Yes, this person is the same as that person."

But without the bridge, if you changed passwords since the time you originally registered for the wiki (via the forum login), you'll have to use your old password.

We do have trying to fix the bridge for this version as one of our projects, but we're starting to get very pressed for time thanks to the show and all that our coverage of it entails.

Should there be more naming consistency for House Tarth articles? George consistently uses "Brienne of Tarth" for Brienne and "Selwyn of Tarth" and "Selwyn the Evenstar" for Lord Selwyn, with the exception of the ADWD Appendix which now uses "Selwyn Tarth". In the wiki Brienne is currently at "Brienne of Tarth" while Selwyn is at "Selwyn Tarth".

George always refers to Endrew as "Endrew Tarth" instead of "Endrew of Tarth".

The articles for Brienne's deceased siblings—Galladon, Alysanne, and Arianne—are currently titled with "of Tarth" instead of just "Tarth". George only mentions their first names in AFFC, so the inclusion of "of Tarth" was the decision of the articles' creator in 2011.

The AWOIAF app uses just "Tarth" instead of "of Tarth" in the titles for the Brienne and Selwyn entries. If the House Tarth articles are standardized, then "of Tarth" could be included within the first sentence of the articles as alternatives ("Brienne Tarth, commonly known as Brienne of Tarth, is ...")

Yes, the thing is that once IPB-Wiki Bridge worked properly, you basically never referenced the Wiki account, other than for the bridge to say "Yes, this person is the same as that person."

But without the bridge, if you changed passwords since the time you originally registered for the wiki (via the forum login), you'll have to use your old password.

We do have trying to fix the bridge for this version as one of our projects, but we're starting to get very pressed for time thanks to the show and all that our coverage of it entails.

Could that possibly also fix the log-in problem I encountered, you think/expect/hope?

You know, I really like this Wiki. I have a fair amount of my own additions on it myself, and I have never once been upbraided for unsourced content as I have been several times on Wikipedia, who left my edits as they were on many occasions after upbraiding me for unsourcing because they realised the content couldn't be sourced but I was entirely correct. I've had no problems with the Ica and Fire Wiki either. Big chunks of the current Theon Wiki are by me, but I'm not telling you which parts I added. Most of the entry for the Blue Bard is mine as well.

I mentioned it on the Help-forum, but as it concerns the wiki, it seemed best to mention it here as well..

I wanted to edit a page, but received the message that, due to a loss of data, my change could not be processed. The page suggested I log out and back in, so I logged out, and now find myself unable to log back in. The wiki tells me it is due to not having cookies enabled, but I checked my settings, and they definitly are enabled.

Is there anything I can try? I am simply on the laptop, the last place where I was still capable of being logged in..

I mentioned it on the Help-forum, but as it concerns the wiki, it seemed best to mention it here as well..

I wanted to edit a page, but received the message that, due to a loss of data, my change could not be processed. The page suggested I log out and back in, so I logged out, and now find myself unable to log back in. The wiki tells me it is due to not having cookies enabled, but I checked my settings, and they definitly are enabled.

Is there anything I can try? I am simply on the laptop, the last place where I was still capable of being logged in..

Is it giving you any error message?

Are you sure this problem isn't just a password issue? I know you said in small questions you had never changed your password, but I believe we all had to reset our passwords last summer because of some error. The wiki passwords apparently did not get changed along with the forum passwords back then. So now that the bridge thingy is down you may need your original forum password to log on to the wiki.

Is it giving you any error message?

Are you sure this problem isn't just a password issue? I know you said in small questions you had never changed your password, but I believe we all had to reset our passwords last summer because of some error. The wiki passwords apparently did not get changed along with the forum passwords back then. So now that the bridge thingy is down you may need your original forum password to log on to the wiki.

I changed it back to my original password back then.. So unless there is something I can try about that...?

I see a little pink box with the following text when I try:

Login error

A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again.

I changed it back to my original password back then.. So unless there is something I can try about that...?

I see a little pink box with the following text when I try:

Login error

A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again.

Ok then I have no idea what the problem is, but it's not just you. I just tried to log on and got the exact same error.

Edit: across multiple browsers.

Edited by RumHam

Wiki editing and login should be fixed. However, if you can't get a password arranged, drop me a message here. Travelling for the next couple of days but shall try to take care of it when I'm back.

We are at present thinking of abandoning the IPB-WIKI bridge to allow people to register going forward, but with the requirement that they register with the same email address as an account on the forum and providing their username in a note attached to the request. This way we'll be able to get new editors in while maintaining the anti-spam effect of requiring forum membership.

So, a friend of mine tried to log in as well.. She's a fairly recent user, joined in August 2014, with 5 active posts so far.. As the requirement for the wiki is 3 or 5 (can't ever remember which one), she should meet the requirements, but when she tries to log into the wiki, she receives the same message (there is no user by the name...)

Her username is ladyprudence03 so that shouldn't be the issue... There are other wiki-users with numbers in their usernames...

If she never signed into the wiki before, the IPB-Wiki Bridge would not have set up her account on the wiki, and with the IPB-Wiki Bridge disabled, there's no way presently for someone to sign up.

ETA: Will be looking into the business of underscores and such ... but bear in mind we're incredibly busy ATM, working on site stability and with a trip to Spain coming up in a few days, so it may be awhile.

Edited by Ran