The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Are there any more opinions (as discussed here) on which image of Lyanna Stark should replace the current image?

I counted votes (five users expressed their opinions), and currently we've got:

- Riavel (current image) 1 vote

- Elia Fernandez 3 votes

- Dreambeing 2 votes

- Marcos Feittosa 1 vote

If no one else offers their opinions, I guess the image should be changed to Elia Fernandez' Lyanna? More votes would be very much appreciated :)

So it has been another five days, and no one else has expressed an opinion, either here or on the talk page on the wiki.

As the Elia Fernandez image received the most votes, I'll be changing the image tonight to that one, if no one has any objections.

Two technical issues:

- When I type an exact term in the search box on the top of the page (like "Lyanna Stark") half of the times, it brings me to a page listing all pages where "Lyanna Stark" is mentioned, with the message "there is a page called Lyanna Stark on this wiki". The other half of the times, the search times brings me directly to Lyanna's page.

- The wiki seems to display oddly. The layout is completely off, and everything is shuffled. It looks a little bit like the print modus of a wiki-page. Makes it very difficult to navigate.

"House Lantell is a house from the Westerlands. They are said to be distant kin to the extinct House Lannister of Casterly Rock. Like other kin of House Lannister, they are settled at Lannisport.[1]" what is this supposed to mean? Lannisters are extinct?

And that:House Lannett is a house from the Westerlands. They are said to be distant kin to the extinct House Lannister of Casterly Rock. Like other kin of House Lannister, they are settled at Lannisport.[1] Edited by Blue Tiger

"House Lantell is a house from the Westerlands. They are said to be distant kin to the extinct House Lannister of Casterly Rock. Like other kin of House Lannister, they are settled at Lannisport.[1]" what is this supposed to mean? Lannisters are extinct?

And that:House Lannett is a house from the Westerlands. They are said to be distant kin to the extinct House Lannister of Casterly Rock. Like other kin of House Lannister, they are settled at Lannisport.[1]

It's possible the Lannister-derived family articles (Lantell, Lannett, etc.) used as a template the Darklyn-derived articles (Darke, Dargood, etc.). The Darklyns are extinct, but an editor forgot to remove that word from the westerlands houses. Good catch!

It's possible the Lannister-derived family articles (Lantell, Lannett, etc.) used as a template the Darklyn-derived articles (Darke, Dargood, etc.). The Darklyns are extinct, but an editor forgot to remove that word from the westerlands houses. Good catch!

I've written Dargood and Darkwood using Darke as template and adding sources and more info... Edited by Blue Tiger

Can we update Old Nan's page? I believe the World Book finally confirmed that she was the wetnurse to William Stark and Lyanne Glover's son Brandon.

She was a very ugly old woman, Bran thought spitefully; shrunken and wrinkled, almost blind, too weak to climb stairs, with only a few wisps of white hair left to cover a mottled pink scalp. No one really knew how old she was, but his father said she'd been called Old Nan even when he was a boy. She was the oldest person in Winterfell for certain, maybe the oldest person in the Seven Kingdoms. Nan had come to the castle as a wet nurse for a Brandon Stark whose mother had died birthing him. He had been an older brother of Lord Rickard, Bran's grandfather, or perhaps a younger brother, or a brother to Lord Rickard's father. Sometimes Old Nan told it one way and sometimes another. In all the stories the little boy died at three of a summer chill, but Old Nan stayed on at Winterfell with her own children. She had lost both her sons to the war when King Robert won the throne, and her grandson was killed on the walls of Pyke during Balon Greyjoy's rebellion. Her daughters had long ago married and moved away and died. All that was left of her own blood was Hodor, the simpleminded giant who worked in the stables, but Old Nan just lived on and on, doing her needlework and telling her stories.

The Stark lineage tree says that this Brandon had no children, and the Brandon she was called in for died at 3 and thus didn't have children. He's also the only one who fits the rest of Bran's quote as Brandon can't have been an older or younger brother to Rickard as Rickard had no siblings. But he can be Edwyle's brother as Lyanne's child would be Edwyle's half brother. And Brandon son of Artos can't be the Brandon who Old Nan was summoned for as that Brandon had children and therefore clearly didn't die at 3.

So Old Nan has to have joined House Stark for William and Lyanne's son. Edited by The Khal Who Rode West

Two technical issues:

- When I type an exact term in the search box on the top of the page (like "Lyanna Stark") half of the times, it brings me to a page listing all pages where "Lyanna Stark" is mentioned, with the message "there is a page called Lyanna Stark on this wiki". The other half of the times, the search times brings me directly to Lyanna's page.

- The wiki seems to display oddly. The layout is completely off, and everything is shuffled. It looks a little bit like the print modus of a wiki-page. Makes it very difficult to navigate.

This happens on mobile version or normal?

When I'm using mobile v. the wiki's skin often dissapears and everything is black... this also happens on other Wikis using MediaWiki so it's browser's or MW's problem...

And when I'm using desktop v. on phone everything looks like that https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw1D_bxcnizaZ21XU1QwN2s4VFU/view?usp=docslist_api

This happens on mobile version or normal?

When I'm using mobile v. the wiki's skin often dissapears and everything is black... this also happens on other Wikis using MediaWiki so it's browser's or MW's problem...

And when I'm using desktop v. on phone everything looks like that https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw1D_bxcnizaZ21XU1QwN2s4VFU/view?usp=docslist_api

It happens on laptop.
No problems on my phone.

Having already categorized the blacks and greens, as well as the supporters for each of the Greyjoy claimants to the Seastone Chair (Euron, Victarion, and Asha), I'm thinking of categorizing the supporters of Robb, Renly, Stannis and Joffrey/Tommen. What do you think these categories should be? Should Joffrey and Tommen be used in the same category (as in "Supporters of Joffrey and Tommen Baratheon")?

Having already categorized the blacks and greens, as well as the supporters for each of the Greyjoy claimants to the Seastone Chair (Euron, Victarion, and Asha), I'm thinking of categorizing the supporters of Robb, Renly, Stannis and Joffrey/Tommen. What do you think these categories should be? Should Joffrey and Tommen be used in the same category (as in "Supporters of Joffrey and Tommen Baratheon")?

I think separate categories for separate reigns would be better.

Jeffory Mallister:

The chapter given as source doesn't mention a brother of Jason at all.

I found it in the Green Ronin Campaign Guide from 2012: "The current lord of Seagard, Jason Mallister fought bravely at the Battle of the Trident, avenging his brother by slaying no less than three of Prince Rhaegar's bannermen, and later, by defeating Rodrick [sic] Greyjoy beneath the walls of Seagard."

Separately, the Guardians of Order RPG from 2005 tries to clear up the "Raymun Darry, Lord Darry, young Lord Darry" mentioned in ASOS with "Lord Darry ruled the House, but Ser Gregor Clegane kills both him and his heir Ser Raymun at Mummer's Ford at the Red Fork of the Trident. Ser Raymun's eight- or nine-year-old son succeeds to the lordship of the House." The Green Ronin book simply says that "Ser Raymun Darry is the head of House Darry."

I'm working on this article http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maesters→ Known Members, and I have a question: should I rewrite the list, so the names will be in alphabetical order?

I see no problem with that.

Though I'd vote for keeping the distinction between Archmaesters, Maesters, Acolytes and Novices, and Historical Members (with this last one alphabetizing maesters and archmaesters seperately).

What do you think about adding catergory for known men who studied at the Citadel and forged few links, but didn't became maesters ( for example Oberyn )

Ehm.. I'm not sure. Perhaps instead of a list, simply mention it somewhere in a paragraph?

The list of Historic Members is chronologically for as far as is possible, atm, I just saw. As we do that for most everything else, where historic members are concerned, that list might be best left the way it is.

The list of current members could still be made alphabetized, though.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

• 2 weeks later...
In the Chapters Table of contents page, the following links are incorrect:

ACOK Chapter 66 (link goes to chapter 68)
ASOS Chapter 67 (link goes to chapter 66)
ASOS Chapter 72 (link goes to chapter 73)

Also, A Dance with Dragons Chapter 4 is listed as "A Dance with Dragons-Chapter 4" instead of "Bran I"

The sidebar for ADWD Chapter 13 (Bran II) shows it as Tyrion III. Edited by Zizoz

It seems to be two pages about the house with the red door:

On the entry about Willem Darry:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Willem_Darry
it is linked to
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_house_with_the_red_door_in_Braavos

while
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Red_door
seems much more rich

I merged the two pages, making [[Red door]] a redirect to [[The house with the red door in Braavos]].

Perhaps [[House with the red door]] would be a better page-name?