The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

8 hours ago, direpupy said:

I did not know where else to ask this but apparently they app says euron got his dragonhorn from the warlocks he captured, this is not mentioned in the wiki and i was wondering how reliable this is? and if it is reliable then should it not also be on the wiki?

@aRanycsapat

It'd be considered semi-canon because it hasn't yet appeared in the books. Martin could still change his mind about it. 

32 minutes ago, aRanycsapat said:

Where does the app say this? Can't recall it, and I can't find it in the Euron or Pyat Pree entries. Not sure where else it could be.

I don't have the app but is there a "Dragonbinder" article? I have read on this forum before that it's in there somewhere. 

8 hours ago, aRanycsapat said:

Where does the app say this? Can't recall it, and I can't find it in the Euron or Pyat Pree entries. Not sure where else it could be.

I do not have they app (not available in my country) it came up in a discussion on the forum and the person was adamant that it said this in they app, this is why i asked since i could not check myself and could not find they information anywhere else.

Can i assume from your answer that it does not say this on they app and that the person who told me was mistaken?

9 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

If the age is the only thing, but the image fits her perfectly otherwise (hair, eye-colour, clothing), it might be an option to consider changing the image, wouldn't it?

How about KLsteeleart, RobotDelEspacio, or  MathiaArkoniel? The first emphasizes the purple eyes, and has her holding a dragons egg, the second emphasizes her role as breaker of chains. The third, while extremely beautifully made, might fit her description the least, though it does feature the purple eyes and the dragon-crown. There's also YamaOrce, and Magali Villeneuve.

The Wellfalcon one is nice, but you barely see her (due to the hrakkar).

I would go for Magali because she was involved in official asiof projects and is actually the featured artist on GRRM own site right now. So she would probably come closest to what GRRM himself imagined.

I wouldn't assume that it's not in the app -- we wrote that stuff a long time ago now and it's possible I'm forgetting -- but right now I need to be pointed at the entry in the app that refers to it. I've checked Victarion's entry as well, and nothing. There's no specific Dragonbinder article, it's not in the Euron, Victarion, or Pyat Pree articles, there's no Warlock article, not in the Aeron or Asha or Moqorro articles...

Edited by aRanycsapat

Is anyone else experiencing that the navigational boxes at the bottom of the pages no longer collapse (despite the setting of automatically collapsing)? For me, even the option to manually collapse them is gone. This has been the case for a few weeks now.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

In addition to my question above, we have a lot of pages for the years after Aegon's Landing (266 AL, 267 AL etc.). These all lead to a broken redirect ([[Years after Aegon's Landing#Year .. after Aegon's Landing]]), because that page no longer exists, having been renamed to the correct [[Years after Aegon's Conquest]].

My question is, do we remove all the pages titled 266 AL, 267 AL, 299 AL, etc.? (since there is no AL, only AC). Or do we have to redirect them all to Years after Aegon's Conquest?

10 hours ago, aRanycsapat said:

I wouldn't assume that it's not in the app -- we wrote that stuff a long time ago now and it's possible I'm forgetting -- but right now I need to be pointed at the entry in the app that refers to it. I've checked Victarion's entry as well, and nothing. There's no specific Dragonbinder article, it's not in the Euron, Victarion, or Pyat Pree articles, there's no Warlock article, not in the Aeron or Asha or Moqorro articles...

Thanks for checking, as i said i do not have they app myself so i asked the guy who told me to name the entry but he as not answered unfortunately.

I'm reasonably sure that it was in the app at one time. I didn't see it myself but I got confirmation from two separate posters. Sadly the search function is disabled and finding older threads from the old forum is iffy anyway. Here's one thread I found through google that mentions it:

Maybe it was removed because it was wrong or Martin changed his mind about it? 

Edit: I also found this post:

But have not yet found the exchange where Ran told me to eat cheese doodles. 

Edit again: Here it is.

Last edit I swear: I found a post of mine earlier in that thread stating that the information was on the page for Qarth. Check there. 

Edited by RumHam

14 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm reasonably sure that it was in the app at one time. I didn't see it myself but I got confirmation from two separate posters. Sadly the search function is disabled and finding older threads from the old forum is iffy anyway. Here's one thread I found through google that mentions it:

Maybe it was removed because it was wrong or Martin changed his mind about it? 

Edit: I also found this post:

But have not yet found the exchange where Ran told me to eat cheese doodles. 

Edit again: Here it is.

Last edit I swear: I found a post of mine earlier in that thread stating that the information was on the page for Qarth. Check there. 

Indeed, in the Qarth entry:

The warlocks under Pyat Pree attempt to pursue and avenge themselves on Daenerys, but their ship is taken by Euron Greyjoy, who seizes their dragon-binding horn from Valyria and takes them as slaves.

@aRanycsapat, @Sparks

Any insights on this?

On 21-6-2016 at 3:15 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Is anyone else experiencing that the navigational boxes at the bottom of the pages no longer collapse (despite the setting of automatically collapsing)? For me, even the option to manually collapse them is gone. This has been the case for a few weeks now.

Is anybody else having this issue?

On 25-5-2016 at 11:05 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

The templates at the bottom of the pages are no longer collapsing, despite them being set to collapse as soon as the page has loaded. In fact, the option to "hide" is completely gone.

47 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

The Old Blood article states that the Old Blood of Volantis supports the tiger party, but if only the Old Blood can run for Triarch and vote in the elections, how come the elephants tend to be the majority?

The triarchs are not chosen only by the Old Blood. The triarchs are chosen by all the freeborn landowners.

1 hour ago, aRanycsapat said:

It's been reported but I have no idea why it isn't working. We've made no changes that I'm aware of that would have caused this.

It's a very odd issue.. Every now and then, a navigational box will display as it should... But refresh the page, and the error occurs again.

Hopefully, support will come up with a solution soon. It really hinders the navigation at the bottom of the pages.

Thank you for the update!

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

On 6/20/2016 at 5:34 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

How about KLsteeleart, RobotDelEspacio, or  MathiaArkoniel? The first emphasizes the purple eyes, and has her holding a dragons egg, the second emphasizes her role as breaker of chains. The third, while extremely beautifully made, might fit her description the least, though it does feature the purple eyes and the dragon-crown. There's also YamaOrce, and Magali Villeneuve.

The KLsteeleart is my favorite of those.

On ‎21‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 8:30 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Indeed, in the Qarth entry:

The warlocks under Pyat Pree attempt to pursue and avenge themselves on Daenerys, but their ship is taken by Euron Greyjoy, who seizes their dragon-binding horn from Valyria and takes them as slaves.

Okay atleast now its clear that it is in they app, so should this then not also be put one the wiki?

2 hours ago, direpupy said:

Okay atleast now its clear that it is in they app, so should this then not also be put one the wiki?

Well, the app is semi-canon, so the books always 'win'. So if there is nothing in the books contradicting the info, and if there is no other, more recent semi-canon source contradicting the statement, then I suppose it is allowed on the wiki, yes.

For our template coders, is there anything that can be done to improve the infoboxes to provide alt texts automatically for images? For example, could the Eddard Stark infobox have an alt text reading 'Eddard Stark' on the first image?

If it's doable for that and other templates -- adding alt text based at least on the page title, or alternatively on what people enter manually -- I think it'd be a nice usability improvement.

12 hours ago, aRanycsapat said:

For our template coders, is there anything that can be done to improve the infoboxes to provide alt texts automatically for images? For example, could the Eddard Stark infobox have an alt text reading 'Eddard Stark' on the first image?

If it's doable for that and other templates -- adding alt text based at least on the page title, or alternatively on what people enter manually -- I think it'd be a nice usability improvement.

You mean like the example Wikipedia gives here (before the table of content begins), to display in case the images won't load?