The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

On 27-9-2017 at 9:33 PM, Ran said:

I ran into this myself. I have found that if I reload the main page and then try to login again, it tends to work. Not quite sure what's going on with this, and we're busy trying to get some stuff moved, but once we do that we'll try and see what the problem is.

Just reporting I've had this issue this morning on my mobile. Eventually, I managed to log in by going to desktop view, and reloading the page a few times.

I'd redirect Rogar to Robar for the time being, with a note on the Robar page about "Sons of the Dragon" providing an alternative rendition of the name and, if people feel it necessary and appropriate, a reference to my comment regarding Fire and Blood providing a definitive decision on the character's name.

35 minutes ago, Nittanian said:

Is the title "Mountain King" used in the books? I haven't found it in AFFC. 

Can't find anything, but the description given on that page is that of the legend of Ser Artys Arryn killing the Griffin King. The only two passages mentioning the Griffin King do not state anything about "Mountain King" as his title.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

Some time ago someone decided to go with culture instead of origin. I am not really sure on the reason, but I guess it is somewhere in this thread.

There was some discussion in the summer, but Ckram pointed out "I think this would require that we knew all the ethnic adjectives of Martin's world, which we don't." 

7 minutes ago, Nittanian said:

There was some discussion in the summer, but Ckram pointed out "I think this would require that we knew all the ethnic adjectives of Martin's world, which we don't." 

Oh, I actually thought that someone really changed it all over the wiki, but apparently that is not the case. So yes, I do not think that the wiki needs such a category. Is it not the same with Category:Ironborn?