The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

1 hour ago, Gonzalo said:

Is Donnel the Delayer the son of Martyn Hightower?

It's not stated. He does seem to have succeeded Martyn, as far as we can tell. Martyn is last mentioned as the Lord of the High Tower in 43 AC, when Maegor is at Oldtown. The "Lord Hightower" who captured Maegor's messenger who came to seize Princess Rhaella in 47 AC is not identified by a first name.

Donnel is next mentioned in 48 AC as Lord Hightower.

29 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

It seems to me that Jorgen and Victor Velaryon are the fathers of Vaemond and of Malentine, Rhogar. I guess we have yet to know are from Jorgen's branch and who descend from Victor.

No.

Ser Vaemond had been the son of the elder of the Sea Snake’s brothers. Five other nephews, sired by another brother, had claims as well. When they took their case before the sick and failing Viserys, they made the grievous mistake of questioning the legitimacy of his daughter’s children. Viserys had their tongues removed for this insolence, though he let them keep their heads. Three of the “silent five” had died during the Dance, fighting for Aegon II against Rhaenyra . . . but two survived, together with Ser Vaemond’s sons, and all came forward now, insisting that they had more right to Driftmark than “this bastard of Hull, whose mother was a mouse.”

3 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

But would that be described as "forced to watch"? The usage of that phrase heavily implies Alyssa's presence, doesn't it? And that would be an error..

Of course I am no native speaker, but I seem to remember the phrase used that way. I found some examples:

Either we have the courage to make bold reforms now, orwe watch the demise of our fisheries sector in the years ahead. 

We just cannot remain inactive and watch the suffering and demise of the Burmese people go on any longer.

In both statements the word watch is not used as seeing it with your own eyes but as remaining inactive.

No confirmation on Corlys's father yet. By the way when Manfryd Redwyne's son are introduced, they get mentioned in order of age.

49 minutes ago, Ser Jon Darry said:

Should the knights Robin Massey and Robert Darklyn who King Aegon III named to his white cloaks but the appointments were later set aside by Lord Unwin Peake be added to the Kingsguard page?

Perhaps not in the bullet point list for Aegon III, but i would definitely mention them in a paragraph below that list, shortly explaining (one or two sentences) what happened.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:11 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Would it be possible to write the template in a way that it places the references with and without space under the same reference number, instead of two different ones?

I did a small test and it worked with your sandbox example, but before I leave the code there I'll make sure it doesn't break anything else.

Small nitpick:

House Smallwood and its head, Myles, are not included among Aegon the Uncrowned's supporters at the Battle Beneath the Gods Eye.

Also, House Smallwood and Myles should be included in the page on the Battle of Stonebridge as well.

Edited by The Grey Wolf

On 1/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

One more thing. Do we have a name for Aegon I's invasion of the Iron Islands in 2 AC?

Maybe include it within a larger "fratricidal war of the ironmen" which covers the Iron Islands' civil war after Harren's death? FAB mentions "The ironmen, their numbers diminished by a year of fratricidal war, put up little resistance ... indeed, many hailed the coming of the dragons."

Are the 2 sons of Lord Rodrik Arryn the fathers of Lady Jeyne Arryn and Ser Arnold Arryn ?

Lord Rodrik is still alive in 82 AC when his second wife, Daella Targaryen, dies in childbirth. In 97 AC, an unnamed Lord Arryn dies along side his sons and he is succedded by his daughter Jeyne Arryn (only 3 years old at the time). I'm guesing Rodrik dies in between 82 - 97, he is succedded by the oldest of his 2 sons (father of Jeyne), then his granddaughter becomes Lady of the Eyrie in 97 AC.

Thus making Lady Jeyne Arryn, Ser Arnold Arryn, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (and her 2 full brothers) all first cousin.

7 hours ago, Ser Jon Darry said:

Should the statement that Barristan Selmy was the first Kingsguard ever to be dismissed in its history be adjusted for the new info on Robin Massey and Robert Darklyn or does that still stand? (On the Kingsguard page under Joffrey I Baratheon)

Possibly, it indicates that Massey and Darklyn were never officially counted as KG.

4 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Are the 2 sons of Lord Rodrik Arryn the fathers of Lady Jeyne Arryn and Ser Arnold Arryn ?

Lord Rodrik is still alive in 82 AC when his second wife, Daella Targaryen, dies in childbirth. In 97 AC, an unnamed Lord Arryn dies along side his sons and he is succedded by his daughter Jeyne Arryn (only 3 years old at the time). I'm guesing Rodrik dies in between 82 - 97, he is succedded by the oldest of his 2 sons (father of Jeyne), then his granddaughter becomes Lady of the Eyrie in 97 AC.

Thus making Lady Jeyne Arryn, Ser Arnold Arryn, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (and her 2 full brothers) all first cousin.

Possible, I guess, but not confirmed.

2 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Possibly, it indicates that Massey and Darklyn were never officially counted as KG.

I think that's the correct read. They were irregularly appointed by a king in his minority without the consent of his regents, and were removed because of that, so don't really count.

5 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

3 hours ago, Ran said:

I think that's the correct read. They were irregularly appointed by a king in his minority without the consent of his regents, and were removed because of that, so don't really count.

Roger that. Thanks.