The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

4 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

The Targaryen family tree of Aenys' descendants only lists Aegon and Rhaena as having "issue" instead of listing the twins Aerea and Rhaella

The name of the tree is "Targaryen tree Jaehaerys I", so I figured it was meant to depict Jaehaerys, his parents and siblings, and his children.  Which is why I replaced the two girls with "issue". Aerea and Rhaella are still on the tree "Targaryen tree Aegon".

If the preference is to have Aerea and Rhaella be placed back into "Targaryen tree Jaehaerys I", than just say so, and I'll put them back!

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

The following need to be added to the pages listing the Green/Black supporters:

The Triarchy and Sharako Lohar under foreign allies of the Greens

Ser Roger Corne needs to be moved to the Crownlands section and Lord Owain Bourney added there as well (or under the defected to the Greens section perhaps?) and Moslander of Yore, Ser Garrick Hall of Middleton, and Ser Merrell the Bold to the Black Crownlanders section

Ser Amos Bracken and Ser Raylon Rivers to the Green Riverlands section and Ser Harry Penny, Ser Oswald Wode, Lord Samwell Blackwood, and Lord Roote to the Black Riverlands section

Lord Humfrey Bracken needs to be added to the section listing defectors to the Blacks

Ser Adrian Tarbeck needs to be added to the Green Westermen section

Ser Byron should perhaps be included as both a Black and a Green given the contradictory sources

Given that the knights of Duskendale betray Borros during the Muddy Mess maybe they should be listed under the "defected to the blacks/greens" section along with the Rosbys, Stokeworths, and whatever other houses Aegon II punished upon his restoration?

Finally, the following battles might deserve their own pages despite the scant amount of detail:

The battle three days after the Battle of Acorn Hall  wherein Ser Harry Penny and Ser Adrian Tarbeck slew each other, with the Westermen killing hundreds during the pursuit (if I recall the passage correctly)

The short, sharp battle battle on the shores of the Godseye wherein Ser Criston's vanguard defeated Ser Oswald Wode, Lord Darry, and Lord Roote of Lord Harroway's Town whilst marching on Harrenhal

The victories at Old Oak, Goldengrove, and the Shield Isles under Ormund Hightower and Prince Daeron, wherein all the above were forced to submit to the Greens

Edited by The Grey Wolf

46 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

I agree, I thought of creating new articles for the battles you mentioned but couldn't come up with names.

On another subject, can we list the members of Aegon II's Kingsguard after he returns to King's Landing?

Maybe Battle after Acorn Hall, Battle near the Gods Eye, and the Submission of Old Oak/Goldengrove/the Shield Isles?

As for Aegon II's Kingsguard, I don't think so. Many of them are not named sadly.

9 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

The following need to be added to the pages listing the Green/Black supporters:

The Triarchy and Sharako Lohar under foreign allies of the Greens

Ser Roger Corne needs to be moved to the Crownlands section and Lord Owain Bourney added there as well (or under the defected to the Greens section perhaps?) and Moslander of Yore, Ser Garrick Hall of Middleton, and Ser Merrell the Bold to the Black Crownlanders section

Ser Amos Bracken and Ser Raylon Rivers to the Green Riverlands section and Ser Harry Penny, Ser Oswald Wode, Lord Samwell Blackwood, and Lord Roote to the Black Riverlands section

Lord Humfrey Bracken needs to be added to the section listing defectors to the Blacks

Ser Adrian Tarbeck needs to be added to the Green Westermen section

Ser Byron should perhaps be included as both a Black and a Green given the contradictory sources

Given that the knights of Duskendale betray Borros during the Muddy Mess maybe they should be listed under the "defected to the blacks/greens" section along with the Rosbys, Stokeworths, and whatever other houses Aegon II punished upon his restoration?

Finally, the following battles might deserve their own pages despite the scant amount of detail:

The battle three days after the Battle of Acorn Hall  wherein Ser Harry Penny and Ser Adrian Tarbeck slew each other, with the Westermen killing hundreds during the pursuit (if I recall the passage correctly)

The short, sharp battle battle on the shores of the Godseye wherein Ser Criston's vanguard defeated Ser Oswald Wode, Lord Darry, and Lord Roote of Lord Harroway's Town whilst marching on Harrenhal

The victories at Old Oak, Goldengrove, and the Shield Isles under Ormund Hightower and Prince Daeron, wherein all the above were forced to submit to the Greens

Implemented all of these, thanks. I haven't added the battles yet though, as I'm relatively new and do not really want to add a battle without a proper name in the text. 

On 1/17/2019 at 7:24 AM, Ser Zach said:

I would say "Characters killed by the Shivers" 

I made the section "Casualties of the Shivers"because characters killed by the Great Spring Sickness are "Casualties of the Great Spring Sickness."

On 1/10/2019 at 10:02 PM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

In the wiki page for Cregan Stark, it is mentioned "Cregan Stark was born in 108AC, the only son of Lord Rickon Stark and Lady Gilliane Glover."

It should be corrected as "the eldest son of" or "the first son of" since Cregan had a younger brother who died in 119 AC.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, Gonzalo said:

The "only son" comes from the family tree in The World of Ice and Fire

I have fixed this; he is now the eldest son. The The World of Ice and Fire trees do contradict stuff in F&B and the main novels, for instance, Rhaella being called Rhalla, Daenerys daughter of Jaehaerys being a son called Aeryn, Rhaena's marriage to Androw Farman, Rhae and Daella's marriages and children mentioned by Aemon, and Cersei not being listed as a ruling lady of Casterly Rock (in my version at least)

Mysaria needs to be added to the page on Black supporters  (under foreigners or Crowmlanders?) and three of the "silent five" Velaryons to the Greens under Crownlanders. 

Also, the Third Vulture King taken out by Borros needs to be added and the one from Daeron II's time renamed the IV until we have more info.

Oh, and some numbers need to be added to the following Dance battles:

The Lannisters at the Red Fork had 1K knights and 7K archers/men-at-arms

In the lead up to First Tumbleton Munkun writes the Hightowers numbered over 20K, with almost a tenth of their numbers (2K) being knights.

At the Muddy Mess the Riverlords had 6K (composed of Lord Kermit Tully, Lord Benjicot Blackwood, Black Aly (who brought 300 archers), Lady Sabitha Frey, Lord Hugo Vance of Wayfarer's Rest, Lord Jorah Mallister, Lord Roland Darry, and Lord Humfrey Bracken), Lord Borros had 4K foot and 600 knights when he arrived at KL, and these were stiffened by 2K boys and men from Flea Bottom hastily armed with spears and iron pot helms (which deserted) as well as levies from Stokeworth, Rosby, Hayford (all of them betrayed the Greens by sitting out the battle when called upon to advance) and Duskendale (whose knights betrayed the Greens by attacking them in the rear).

At the end of the Dance Jeyne Arryn assembled 8K foot and 1.5K knights as well as Braavosi ships to carry them all in Rhaenyra's name (though later 10K are attested to so maybe it should read 2K knights instead of 1.5?) while Lord Cregan assembled between 8-20K (though the 20K figure is highly dubious).

Oh, and there should be a mention of the Triarchy attacking with the rising sun at their back such that they were already attacking settlements on Driftmark by the time the Blacks realized what was going on.

Edited by The Grey Wolf

20 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

Also, the Third Vulture King taken out by Borros needs to be added and the one from Daeron II's time renamed the IV until we have more info.

Rather than ordinals, maybe we should rename them to Vulture King (Aenys I), Vulture King (Jaehaerys I), Vulture King (Dance of the Dragons), Vulture King (Daeron II), etc.?

39 minutes ago, Nittanian said:

Rather than ordinals, maybe we should rename them to Vulture King (Aenys I), Vulture King (Jaehaerys I), Vulture King (Dance of the Dragons), Vulture King (Daeron II), 

Sounds good to me.

Edited by The Grey Wolf

Hi, I started to edit some page on the Wiki for the first time today and I saw afterward that people changed it back to what it was before my edit. I'm wondering why ?

For Example, @Vaith you deleted the family tree I added to Medrick Manderly. Can I know why ? Was my edit unnecessary ?
Thanks for the clarification. Good day to all.

32 minutes ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Hi, I started to edit some page on the Wiki for the first time today and I saw afterward that people changed it back to what it was before my edit. I'm wondering why ?

From what I can see, you have undone a number of your own edits yourself today (and one made by @Gonzalo). 

Edit: your edits (the ones that undid the earlier ones) are tagged with the "rollback" tag. The rollback button reverts an edit with a single click of the button, without you having to confirm anything.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen