The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

12 minutes ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Ormund Baratheon is described as Lyonel Baratheon's heir. Given that Lyonel had a daughter at that time, the only way for Ormund to be the heir would be he was in fact Lyonel's son, correct ? (since a daughter inherit before an uncle, a cousin or a nephew)

He could have been a grandson, as well.

1 hour ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

That's true, I didn't think about that. The timeline also works for Ormund being Lyonel's grandson.

I even think grandson is more likely than son. Lyonel was an established tourney knight in 209 AC, so I would place his birth around 180 AC. Ormund seems to have inherited his lordship rather young, maybe born around 225 AC. There is enough space for another generation. I guess there are enough occasion where Ormund's father could have died, for example the Peake uprising in 233 AC or the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion in 236 AC.

2 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Ormund Baratheon is described as Lyonel Baratheon's heir. Given that Lyonel had a daughter at that time, the only way for Ormund to be the heir would be he was in fact Lyonel's son, correct ? (since a daughter inherit before an uncle, a cousin or a nephew)

That only  a daughter is identified does not mean Lyonel did not have any sons.

34 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

I even think grandson is more likely than son. Lyonel was an established tourney knight in 209 AC, so I would place his birth around 180 AC. Ormund seems to have inherited his lordship rather young, maybe born around 225 AC. There is enough space for another generation. I guess there are enough occasion where Ormund's father could have died, for example the Peake uprising in 233 AC or the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion in 236 AC.

Or, he did not die in battle, but from an illness, or accident, or something like that.

@RanThe Chinese asoiaf wiki has changed its domain name from http://asoiaf.huiji.wiki (which is currently used on the interwiki links in every page) to https://asoiaf.huijiwiki.com . Please update the interwiki link.

Also the "Eleven sister Wikis in Other Languages" panel in the Main Page needs to update the Chinese wiki link from http://zh.asoiaf.wikia.com/index.php?title=冰与火之歌中文维基&variant=zh to https://asoiaf.huijiwiki.com

Edited by zionius

2 hours ago, zionius said:

@RanThe Chinese asoiaf wiki has changed its domain name from http://asoiaf.huiji.wiki (which is currently used on the interwiki links in every page) to https://asoiaf.huijiwiki.com . Please update the interwiki link.

Also the "Eleven sister Wikis in Other Languages" panel in the Main Page needs to update the Chinese wiki link from http://zh.asoiaf.wikia.com/index.php?title=冰与火之歌中文维基&variant=zh to https://asoiaf.huijiwiki.com

Funny, I came across the new name for the wiki just the other day and didn't realize it was the same one.

I'll see what I can do to get this fixed. I know I also have some other things to do regarding this stuff.

1 hour ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

I am main administrator of the site and beneath every article there is a "see also" section with a link to the English one.

It has to be actual interwiki linking. Otherwise it's a  bit unbalanced. But if you want to add links to bottom of articles on the wiki to point to German versions, that's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if there is a TWOIAF mistake thread still going, but I am going to raise a possible error here:

I was going to add Munkun healing Baelor after he collapsed in 171 AC, but then I realised that there was another Grand Maester in 153 - Alford, who told Naerys that childbirth would be dangerous after the birth of the future Daeron II.

Is either Munkun or Alford (or both) a mistake? I highly doubt that a Grand Maester could be removed and then re-installed. Plus, 171 does seem a little late for Munkun unless he was rather young during the Dance or lived to a rather old age. 

8 hours ago, Vaith said:

I am not sure if there is a TWOIAF mistake thread still going, but I am going to raise a possible error here:

I was going to add Munkun healing Baelor after he collapsed in 171 AC, but then I realised that there was another Grand Maester in 153 - Alford, who told Naerys that childbirth would be dangerous after the birth of the future Daeron II.

Is either Munkun or Alford (or both) a mistake? I highly doubt that a Grand Maester could be removed and then re-installed. Plus, 171 does seem a little late for Munkun unless he was rather young during the Dance or lived to a rather old age. 

Not a mistake, but something that will eventually be revealed in Fire and Blood (volume 2).

The question and confirming answere can be found here.

1. Julian Wormwood and Gyles Belgrave need to be added to the list of Greens.

2. Ser Roger Corne needs to be removed from the Reach section of said list since he's already in that of the Crownlands.

3. Maybe the sack of Lannisport and the fall of Fair Isle should get their own battle pages?

4. TWOIAF claims Kayce fell to the Ironborn but F & B says it was only under attack by said Ironborn. Which book is correct?

10 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

Ser Roger Corne needs to be removed from the Reach section of said list since he's already in that of the Crownlands.

I think we do not really know where he was from. The maps in TWOIAF show that the blackwater runs through the riverlands, the Reach and the crownlands. 

10 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

TWOIAF claims Kayce fell to the Ironborn but F & B says it was only under attack by said Ironborn. Which book is correct?

Not sure how to reconcile this one. Yandel claims Dalton himself lead the attack that captured Kayce Gyldayn writes Johanna was busy defending Kayce and succeeded in saving it.

I think the Doom of Valyria happened in 102 AC is more reasonable. The statement in TWOIAF feels so to me. Also, it's closer to the traditional claims that "the Targaryens came to Dragonstone a century before the Doom" and "Balerion the Black Dread was two hundred years old when he died during the reign of Jaehaerys the Conciliator".

Twelve years before the Doom of Valyria (114 BC), Aenar Targaryen sold his holdings in the Freehold and the Lands of the Long Summer, and moved with all his wives, wealth, slaves, dragons, siblings, kin, and children to Dragonstone, a bleak island citadel beneath a smoking mountain in the narrow sea.

The phrasing suggests the crownlands to me as well, since the "Blackwater men" are differentiated from the riverlords. As the veterans of the Butcher's Ball march from south of the Gods Eye toward Tumbleton, they are joined by Blackwater warriors as they pass through the western crownlands. 

4 minutes ago, Nittanian said:

The phrasing suggests the crownlands to me as well, since the "Blackwater men" are differentiated from the riverlords. As the veterans of the Butcher's Ball march from south of the Gods Eye toward Tumbleton, they are joined by Blackwater warriors as they pass through the western crownlands. 

The map in TWOIAF shows that a small part of the Blackwater runs through the Reach. So they (or at least some of them) could have been from there as well.

Edited by The Wondering Wolf