The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

19 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

Since Tyrion's guard during his tenure as Hand is formed by mountain clansmen and mercenaries instead of Lannister men-at-arms, should there be a separate article for Tyrio Lannister's guardsmen?

I don't think that's necessary, since in general there's nothing to say just who/what are a Hand's guards. There's no official rules about them. Perhaps something in the article of the office of the Hand, and the different types of guards (household guards like Ned's, Tyrion's mishmash, Brynden Rivers's Raven's Teeth) could be noted.

The Slynt sigil on the wiki misses a detail. It says "A bloody spear, gold on a night-black field", but Citadel says "A bloody spear, gold on black, with a border of checkered gold and black".

When you check the description in the books, turns out Citadel is correct.

His cloak was checked black-and-gold satin. Two ugly boys who must have been his sons went before him, struggling with the weight of a heavy metal shield as tall as they were. For his sigil he had taken a bloody spear, gold on a night-black field. 

Morros wore a checkered black-and-gold cloak over black armor inlaid with golden scrollwork. On his shield was the bloody spear his father had chosen as the sigil of their new-made house

I've updated the text, could someone help with the image?

On 12/12/2019 at 7:42 PM, zionius said:

Did the Citadel and the wiki image got Shadrich's sigil wrong? They say "blue and brown undy", but in AFFC it was "a large white mouse with fierce red eyes, on bendy brown and blue"

@RanAny comments?

Edited by zionius

On 2/21/2020 at 3:33 PM, Gonzalo said:

I've been meaning to add inof about the purge of Robert's bastards, but I think there are only references to the murder of Barra and the gold cloaks sent after Gendry. Was the massacre an invention of the show?

Yes. On the page Barra there is this Varys quote

There was another bastard, a boy, older. I took steps to see him removed from harm's way ... but I confess, I never dreamed the babe would be at risk. A baseborn girl, less than a year old, with a whore for a mother, what threat could she pose?

Perhaps the section should be on known status of his bastards, or persecution of them, instead? All of Robert's children are accounted for on his page under progeny and on the family tree, but only the 5 whose names are known have separate pages.

He had twins to a servant at the Rock, that I think Cersei had killed years ago, but they are listed just as 'unnamed twins', with no further details. Making it a general persecution section would also allow you to include the threat to Edric Storm from Stannis / Mel.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, Gonzalo said:

I've been meaning to add inof about the purge of Robert's bastards, but I think there are only references to the murder of Barra and the gold cloaks sent after Gendry. Was the massacre an invention of the show?

The only thing we know from the novels is that Robert's bastards in KL had the gold cloaks sent after them.

All of Robert's other bastards (as far as we know about them), were apparently far enough out of Cersei's reach to be safe from her.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

• 2 weeks later...

Should there be a separate page for the original Ice? I'm referring to the Stark sword from the Age of Heroes that Catelyn mentions in AGOT Chapter 2?

Catelyn had no love for swords, but she could not deny that Ice had its own beauty. It had been forged in Valyria, before the Doom had come to the old Freehold, when the ironsmiths had worked their metal with spells as well as hammers. Four hundred years old it was, and as sharp as the day it was forged. The name it bore was older still, a legacy from the age of heroes, when the Starks were Kings in the North.

Right now, there's just one entry for Ice which mentions the older sword in passing. I have a personal theory that the original Ice will have a role to play in the story, but even if it doesn't appear it seems at least as noteworthy as Lamentation or Vigilance, both swords which get their own wiki pages.

Edited by Lommy's Shade

14 hours ago, Lommy's Shade said:

Should there be a separate page for the original Ice? I'm referring to the Stark sword from the Age of Heroes that Catelyn mentions in AGOT Chapter 2?

What would you put on the page for the "original Ice" ? I don't think a page like this is needed. Lady Forlorn also has two version: "Lady Forlorn" from the time of the Andal Invasion and the current "Lady Forlorn" made of Valyrian steel.

51 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

Do you remember how the statement of Jeyne Arryn being a cousin of Rhaenyra made it into the Worldbook? Since it is not in F&B, did GRRM confirm she was a granddaughter of Rodrik?

I would love an official confirmation that Jeyne's father and Arnold's father were indeed the two sons of Rodrik Arryn by his first wife.

7 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

Regarding the taking of Greenstone by the Golden Company... was the castle held by Stannis' loyalists or Iron Throne loyalists?

Given the events in AFfC, where Doran arranges the marriage of Sylva Santagar to Lord Estermont while professing to the Lannisters that they have no better friend than him, I think we can take it as a given that after the Blackwater Greenstone bent the knee to the Iron Throne. Certainly, no comment about Eldon Estermont is made as being a rebel when Qyburn informs Cersei and her small council of the news.

• 4 weeks later...

Ronnel Penrose is listed as Lord of Parchments, but I do not see any reference to that in The World of Ice & Fire.

We cannot assume he is just because he married a princess (in fact, given Elaena's soiled state and her abrupt first marriage, a marriage to a non-lord might even make sense...) 

All the information we have is that Elaena married Daeron II's master of coin (from the Baelor I section) and his name was Ronnel Penrose (from the family trees). I do not see any mention of a lordship.

Edit: Now I do see the mention of him being a "good and noble lord", although lord does not necessarily mean lord of his house depending on the context, and small council members may be considered honorary lords, like Varys.

Edited by Vaith