The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

On 10/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, Ran said:

That's a error in the app, and a rather big one! The event being recounted had nothing to do with Brandon -- it's when the Blackwoods and Brackens came to hash out issues under Lord Hoster's supervision, and Catelyn had danced a bunch of times with Littlefinger but seemed unaware that he was in love with her.

Will make a note to the app people to get that fixed. I obviously conflated a couple of things, as Lysa (the source of the event) switches to talking about Brandon and the duel with Littlefinger. 

It is good to have this information! Thank you! I have updated Catelyn's wiki page to reflect this.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aemond_Targaryen

I realize art is subjective, but can we change the profile image for Aemond to something else? The artwork with the metal eyelashes extending off his sapphire eye seems a bit interpretive / doesn't really match the books. A ready replacement with no need to ask the artist for permission would be the animated image HBO put out in Season 5's Histories & Lore set, which pretty much matches the books.

I say this because spy photos just leaked for Aemond on set in Caceres and the article is about to get a lot of attention.

28 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Blah, I overcompensated when I read "two Kingsguards".

You seem to be a bit confused on the conflicts early of Maegor's reign. There were two battles (at Stonebridge and at the Great Fork) against the Faith Militant in 42 AC and there was one battle (beneath the Gods Eye) against Aegon the Uncrowned in 43 AC. The two unnamed kingsguards were killed by Rupert Fallwell at the Great Fork in 42 AC, Davos Darklyn was killed by Qarl Corbray beneath the Gods Eye in 43 AC.

2 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

You seem to be a bit confused on the conflicts early of Maegor's reign. There were two battles (at Stonebridge and at the Great Fork) against the Faith Militant in 42 AC and there was one battle (beneath the Gods Eye) against Aegon the Uncrowned in 43 AC. The two unnamed kingsguards were killed by Rupert Fallwell at the Great Fork in 42 AC, Davos Darklyn was killed by Qarl Corbray beneath the Gods Eye in 43 AC.

I saw that to, i fixed it.

Maladon Moore was alleged to have been involved in the death of Ceryse Hightower, it was not proven. But he was found guilty in the death of Tyanna of the Tower and was executed for it. So I don't know why someone keeps adding that back in on the Kingsguard page.

Edited by Ser Jon Darry

5 hours ago, Ser Jon Darry said:

Maladon Moore was alleged to have been involved in the death of Ceryse Hightower, it was not proven. But he was found guilty in the death of Tyanna of the Tower and was executed for it. So I don't know why someone keeps adding that back in on the Kingsguard page.

Sorry, I think that was my mistake. I had started writing this morning on a correction for the page and pressed save much later today, so some newer edits might have gotten lost in the mix there. I will double check, but I have at least corrected the Maladon Moore issue already.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

I have a question. The arms of house Peake are three black castles on orange with the castles representing the three castles/seats they once held starpike, whitegrove and Dunstonbury, but they only gained Dunstonbury after they drove the Manderly's from the reach at the behest of the Gardeners. So presumably before they gained Dustonbury there arms where different. Is this something we should mention on the page for house Peake?

Edited by direpupy

23 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

I know that I was just half-asleep when I wrote it, ack.

This might belong in The timeline thread, sorry if I’m in the wrong place. 

the page for “years after the conquest” says:

Year 279 After the Conquest

Events

Is there any confirmation that the tourney was held in this year, or that it was in steffon’s memory? The little information given makes it seem more abstract. 

39 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

On the Religion page: is "the Chainmaker" described as a god?

The Barristan sample chapter just says "a statue of the Chainmaker".

I don't think we can determine that. IMO, likelier to be some past Ghiscari figure rather than a deity, but we can't say for sure as of yet.

15 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

On the Religion page: is "the Chainmaker" described as a god?

The Barristan sample chapter just says "a statue of the Chainmaker".

I remember the entry, it was based of a transcription of a reading from before the chapter became availible on the app as a excerpt. It should probably be removed since obvieusly either the person who made the  transcription was mistaken or GRRM removed the part of it being a god, either way it is now outdated information.

Small update i have removed the chainmaker entry from the religion page, i have made an entry on the Mereen page for the market square it is on with a further discription of the square. The entry is presedet by the warning that it is from a sample chapter.

Edited by direpupy

So that this doesn't become an edit war, just giving my reasoning on my preference for Brandon Stark's artwork by Chillyravenart to be his portrait rather than the piece by Mike Hallstein. While Hallstein's artwork is excellent quallity, Brandon died when he was only 20 years old, and that artwork (which again, is very good), looks nearly as old as his father (also by Hallstein, only major difference being slightly greyer hair and deeper forehead wrinkles). In my opinion, Chillyravenart's work (of which there are many quality examples of on the wiki) also brings across much more of Brandon's personality, a free spirit who loved horseback riding, and not merely a angry fantasy warrior with a sword.  But if that isn't suitable enough reasoning, I'm sure I could find another piece that might be preferred.

On 11/4/2021 at 12:44 AM, Mindset said:

So that this doesn't become an edit war, just giving my reasoning on my preference for Brandon Stark's artwork by Chillyravenart to be his portrait rather than the piece by Mike Hallstein. While Hallstein's artwork is excellent quallity, Brandon died when he was only 20 years old, and that artwork (which again, is very good), looks nearly as old as his father (also by Hallstein, only major difference being slightly greyer hair and deeper forehead wrinkles). In my opinion, Chillyravenart's work (of which there are many quality examples of on the wiki) also brings across much more of Brandon's personality, a free spirit who loved horseback riding, and not merely a angry fantasy warrior with a sword.  But if that isn't suitable enough reasoning, I'm sure I could find another piece that might be preferred.

Apart from the quality being lower in the new picture he also looks to be 30+ in this picture as well so i really do not think it is an improvement at all. So if you can find a beter one that would be great.

I also do not see the whole personality thing you are talking about, i just see a guy on a horse, if not for the description saying its Brandon i would never think its him. The Mike Hallstein picture on they other hand makes use of the stark colors to give the impression of a stark. I also think the Mike Hallstein picture shows the wolf blood which is a important character trait of Brandon.

I understand they age thing can be bothering it bothers me to, but again your new picture has the same problem. Every picture i have ever seen of Brandon has this problem, i think its because he is always called they eldest in relation to his siblings so subconsciously artist tend to age him up.

A similar problem occurred with the Blackfire twins Aegon and Aemon who where depicted as adults even do they where 12 years old when they died. When the artist was asked why he had depicted them as adults he said that because they wher they eldest of 7 sons (and at least 9 children) he had simply always imagined them as adults.

I think this is just something we are going to have to accept  as an error.

Edited by direpupy

Can someone with the app check Jon Arryn's profile? The wiki say he became Lord of the Vale by 272, but also mentions that he fought for Jaehaerys in the War of the Ninepenny Kings. If the app says something like "Lord Jon fought alongside Lord Rickard in the War, and they were friends everafter," I'd argue it could be used as evidence to say that Jon [and possibly also Rickard] were lords by 260.

@StarksInTheNorth

The app states the following:

Until his untimely death, Lord Jon ruled the Vale and served as Warden of the East. As a young man and heir to the Eyrie, he was Keeper of the Gates of the Moon until his father's death. He fought for King Jaehaerys II in the War of the Ninepenny Kings, and, as a result of the alliances made in that war, came to foster Eddard Stark of Winterfell and Robert Baratheon of Storm's End.