Onion Knight

The ASOIAF wiki thread

Hmm, the House Stark page is giving an odd error message in the References section with the usage of {{ref|TWOIAF| The North: The Kings of Winter}}. 

1 hour ago, Nittanian said:

Hmm, the House Stark page is giving an odd error message in the References section with the usage of {{ref|TWOIAF| The North: The Kings of Winter}}. 

I managed to fix it, although I have no idea what was causing the error, as the usage of each ref template using "The North: The Kings of Winter" was identical.

Turning them all into {{Ref|TWOIAF| The North}}, saving the page, and then turning them back into {{Ref|TWOIAF| The North: The Kings of Winter}} removed the error.

But it remains odd. The third parameter of the TWOIAF reference template contains no information, so if it differs from another, it simply receives its own 'slot' in the reference list. Additionally, the template gave no other errors on that page (only for "The Kings of Winter"), and "The Kings of Winter" gave no errors on other pages on which it was used (as far as I could see in a quick check).

I suspect someone accidentally set an invisible character of some sort in one of those entries and that's what caused the error.