Onion Knight

The ASOIAF wiki thread

Issue 305 was published in February 2003, with a March cover date. We posted about it here.

5 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

Prentys Tully is stated to have fought at the God's Eye in 43 AC, but I can not find any evidence for that. Although a Lord Tully is mentioned, we do not learn his given name. 

You are right. There was a Lord Tully who fought in that battle for Maegor but his name is never stated and Prentys is never connected to the battle in the text. This Lord Tully could be Prentys or a predesssor, we simply don't know. That being said, Prentys, his wife Lucinda and his sister-in-law Ella are all three noted to be pious, which gives me pause to the idea of Prentys supporting Maegor the Cruel (yes this battle was against Maegor's nephew and not directly against the Faith but still).

I suggest we change Prentys's page by saying something like "a Lord Tully, who may or may not have been Prentys, fought ...".

1 hour ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

You are right. There was a Lord Tully who fought in that battle for Maegor but his name is never stated and Prentys is never connected to the battle in the text. This Lord Tully could be Prentys or a predesssor, we simply don't know. That being said, Prentys, his wife Lucinda and his sister-in-law Ella are all three noted to be pious, which gives me pause to the idea of Prentys supporting Maegor the Cruel (yes this battle was against Maegor's nephew and not directly against the Faith but still).

I suggest we change Prentys's page by saying something like "a Lord Tully, who may or may not have been Prentys, fought ...".

Besides, it would have been odd if Jaehaerys had trusted one of the guys who played a significant role in his brother's downfall, so I doubt it was Prentys, as well. 

I would remove the entire part from Prentys's entry and raise the uncertainty at House Tully's page.

4 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

I would remove the entire part from Prentys's entry and raise the uncertainty at House Tully's page.

I agree. (Unless, of course, Prentys is stated to have ruled Riverrun before 43 AC, in which case we know he rules Rivwrrun 43 AC).

And on the House Tully page, it should simply say "Lord Tully", without speculation on which Tully this might have been.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

@Rhaenys_Targaryen We should reconsider the date of Doom on the wiki. Is it 114 BC or 102 BC?

Twelve years before the Doom of Valyria (114 BC), Aenar Targaryen sold his holdings in the Freehold and the Lands of the Long Summer and moved with all his wives, wealth, slaves, dragons, siblings, kin, and children to Dragonstone

It all depends on how you interpret "Twelve years before the Doom of Valyria (114 BC)", whether the "(114 BC)" refers to "Twelve years before the Doom of Valyria" or "Doom of Valyria".

I asked several Americans, all agreed with 102 BC. @Werthead also used 102 BC in his blog. Also, before the world book, a RPG book with source from GRRM said the Doom was a hundred years before Conquest. Conquest started in 2 BC, exactly fit 102 BC.