The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Because I currently can't edit the wiki I just want to point out my biggest two problems that I hope someone could address.

1) There are separate pages for Azor Ahai reborn theories and the prince that was promised theories so they should probably be merged or at least make the content match

2) The primary Lyanna Stark image is just killing me, I noticed the discussion and there was no clear concensus but only one person supports the current image. It doesn't match her description and is unattractive. I don't care what the replacement is but my vote goes towards the Elia Fernandez.

I have a question. I have seen in the http://awoiaf.westeros.orgthat there is a list with sister wikis in different languages. I know that there is a greek wiki too Το Τραγούδι της Φωτιάς και του Πάγου - Game Of Thrones GR

Should greek one be there with the others?

Edited by Jon's Queen Consort

As pointed out in another thread the Davos entry currently reads:

After his time aboard the Cobblecat, Davos made his own way and secured his own ship, the Black Betha, becoming one of the most infamous smugglers to sail the narrow sea. He piloted his black-sailed ship into harbors in the dead of night, and navigated treacherous shallows.[5]

When it's pretty clear that Black Betha is a war galley and part of the royal fleet, not the ship Davos used to smuggle things in.

When it's pretty clear that Black Betha is a war galley and part of the royal fleet, not the ship Davos used to smuggle things in.

Right, Davos's unnamed smuggling ship "had a black hull, black sails, black oars, and a hold crammed with onions and salt fish. Little enough, yet it had kept the garrison alive long enough for Eddard Stark to reach Storm's End and break the siege."

When Stannis sends Davos with Melisandre beneath Storm's End, he says, "You will need a small boat. Not Black Betha. No one must know what you do."

Hi everyone--I am trying to set up an account on the wiki by following the instructions at http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Help:Registration. I've been able to log in on the forums (as you can see) but I'm getting tripped up on Step 5, logging in on the wiki. I'm trying to log in with the same username and password I have here, but it says the username doesn't exist. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a time or forum-post minimum before you can log in on the wiki? Any help would be appreciated.

Incidentally, the reason I'm doing all this is I wanted to draft a status page of what all the main characters are up to as of the end of ADWD. It'd be a nice reference when TWOW comes out, for me at least. Would that be something anyone else would be interested in?

Currently, on the page of Prince Lewyn Martell, we have this image.I personally find this piece of art quite stunnig, so a while back, I got curious and clicked to the website of the person who made it. Gutter1333 has quite a few asoiaf pieces, and it occured to me that there are several pieces which would do quite well on the wiki (especially Arthur Dayne and Gerold Hightower, as most other work seems heavily inspired by the show).

Now, the thing I was wondering about: the copyrights box for the image of Lewyn Martell states the following:

This work is copyrighted, the copyright holder has granted permission for this image to be used in Wiki of Song of Ice and Fire. This permission does not extend to third parties.

Do I understand it correctly that this permission has been granted for this specific image only? If I want to add the images of Arthur Dayne and Gerold Hightower, do I need new permission from this person?

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Was just reading through the Wyman Manderly article on my phone and all of the internal links in the appearance and character section are linking to this.

http://www.bingeeatingdisorder.com/?mid=B000017&utm_medium=display&utm_source=1915264&utm_campaign=8445449&utm_content=61340923&utm_term=115766763

I don't really edit on wikis anymore so I just wanted to bring it to attention here.

Edited by Bryaugh

Was just reading through the Wyman Manderly article on my phone and all of the internal links in the appearance and character section are linking to this.

http://www.bingeeatingdisorder.com/?mid=B000017&utm_medium=display&utm_source=1915264&utm_campaign=8445449&utm_content=61340923&utm_term=115766763

I don't really edit on wikis anymore so I just wanted to bring it to attention here.

Not for me. They all link to the references section and the references themselves link to book chapters. Are you sure you don't have a virus that may be redirecting your links?

Edited by RumHam

Hi everyone--I am trying to set up an account on the wiki by following the instructions at http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Help:Registration. I've been able to log in on the forums (as you can see) but I'm getting tripped up on Step 5, logging in on the wiki. I'm trying to log in with the same username and password I have here, but it says the username doesn't exist. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a time or forum-post minimum before you can log in on the wiki? Any help would be appreciated.

Incidentally, the reason I'm doing all this is I wanted to draft a status page of what all the main characters are up to as of the end of ADWD. It'd be a nice reference when TWOW comes out, for me at least. Would that be something anyone else would be interested in?

See here for the explanation about the log-in problems :)

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Not for me. They all link to the references section and the references themselves link to book chapters. Are you sure you don't have a virus that may be redirecting your links?

First of all, I think I screwed up. It may have been in the history section and not the apperance and character section. I just checked it though and everything is linking properly now. Initially I thought maybe it was my phone too, but all the other links in the article were working fine. Strange...

Can we check the edit history on the wiki?

First of all, I think I screwed up. It may have been in the history section and not the apperance and character section. I just checked it though and everything is linking properly now. Initially I thought maybe it was my phone too, but all the other links in the article were working fine. Strange...

Can we check the edit history on the wiki?

Yeah, that's available for everyone. On the top of the page on the right side, you see "Read | Edit | View History" Click on "View History", and you can select which edits you wish to see, who made them, what was changed, and when.

Currently, on the page of Prince Lewyn Martell, we have this image.I personally find this piece of art quite stunnig, so a while back, I got curious and clicked to the website of the person who made it. Gutter1333 has quite a few asoiaf pieces, and it occured to me that there are several pieces which would do quite well on the wiki (especially Arthur Dayne and Gerold Hightower, as most other work seems heavily inspired by the show).

Now, the thing I was wondering about: the copyrights box for the image of Lewyn Martell states the following:

This work is copyrighted, the copyright holder has granted permission for this image to be used in Wiki of Song of Ice and Fire. This permission does not extend to third parties.

Do I understand it correctly that this permission has been granted for this specific image only? If I want to add the images of Arthur Dayne and Gerold Hightower, do I need new permission from this person?

I'm not sure. Maybe the uploader, Ryangibsonstewart, could clarify what kind of approval was given? For comparison, TheMico's original approval for his pictures is included and have been applied to newer works.

This illustration of Winterfell by Ted Nasmith would also be nice to have for the wiki. There are other Nasmith works on the wiki, but they also just the copyright template and don't clarify the permission, like the Gutter1333 work.