Onion Knight

The ASOIAF wiki thread

23 hours ago, Vaith said:

Edit: Now I do see the mention of him being a "good and noble lord", although lord does not necessarily mean lord of his house depending on the context, and small council members may be considered honorary lords, like Varys.

Are there any cases in the history books (or in the books at all) that someone without lands is called 'lord' when his character is described?

But maybe @Ran can confirm that Ronnel Penrose was Lord of Parchments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to a page about the ironborn civil war (& eventual Targaryen invasion) following the Burning of Harrenhal. Nor the one after the Red Kraken's death (& subsequent Lannister invasion). It would be helpful to have these created to be able to refer to, thanks.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:01 PM, Lord Corlys Velaryon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to a page about the ironborn civil war (& eventual Targaryen invasion) following the Burning of Harrenhal. Nor the one after the Red Kraken's death (& subsequent Lannister invasion). It would be helpful to have these created to be able to refer to, thanks.

I created an article for the Iron Islands succession struggle. Its still a stub, though.

Can this Harper Voyager map of KL (https://7kingdoms.ru/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/voyager_kingslanding-1.jpg ) considered canon?

It seems to be the only map with Street of Flour, Street of Seeds, Street of Looms, Sowbelly Row, Pigrun Alley and Shadowblack Lane, which all fit with the book description. And it correctly places Eel Alley on Visenya's Hill, whereas TLOIAF got it wrong.

Maybe @Ran would know?

2 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Ser Elyas Scales was the master-at-arms at Dragonstone at the start of the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.

Ser Benethon Scales is a knight in service to Stannis Baratheon, one of the Queen's men.

Does that mean House Scales exist ? A minor House from the Crownlands perhaps ?

Makes sense, might be a family like the Blackberrys. 

Do we need a "court fool" article separate from "fool"? The usage of the phrase in FAB seems descriptive rather than referring to a specific Targaryen position. Moon Boy is the fool at Robert's court, Butterbumps at Mace's, etc.

The left side of his face was a ruin. His ear had been burned away; there was nothing left but a hole.The left side of his face was a ruin. His ear had been burned away; there was nothing left but a hole. -AGOT Sansa II

When she emerged, Sansa walked on the Hound’s left, away from the burned side of his face. -ACOK Sansa III

Do we have other descriptions about which side is burnt? It's usually thought ACOK errs since the Hound is burnt on the left side, as said in AGOT.

But maybe Sansa was describing from her view in AGOT, so "the left side of his face" is in fact his right face! Then it will fit ACOK.

I know most of GRRM-approved arts have the Hound burnt on the left side, like Amok, John Picacio, Michael Komarck and the Dark Sword miniature. So it seems that's GRRM's take. But the comic and GOT have it the other way.