The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Where is it said that the Pussywillows (the brothel where Penny Jenny goes to after the Redgrass Field and where Glendon Flowers was raised) is located in King's Landing ?

This information is used in the wiki pages for Penny Jenny and Glendon Flowers. And in the page for the Pussywillows, however, it notes the location is unknown but there is a redlink category "Places in King's Landing". If anything, the entry for Penny Jenny in AWOIAF as "the riverlands" for her place of death. So I would place the Pussywillows somewhere in the riverlands (probably near the border with the Reach and Crownlands as to not be too far from the Redgrass Field, whose precise location is also unknown) rather than King's Landing.

Also the Pussywillows had an old squire that lived nearby to train young Glendon but no knight to knght him until Ser Morgan Dunstable of Tumbler's Falls (a place known to be in the riverlands) showed up at the brothel one day. If the Pussywillows was in King's Landing, Glendon wouldn't lack of squires and knights around to train and knight him.

What say you, people ?

17 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Where is it said that the Pussywillows (the brothel where Penny Jenny goes to after the Redgrass Field and where Glendon Flowers was raised) is located in King's Landing ?

This information is used in the wiki pages for Penny Jenny and Glendon Flowers. And in the page for the Pussywillows, however, it notes the location is unknown but there is a redlink category "Places in King's Landing". If anything, the entry for Penny Jenny in AWOIAF as "the riverlands" for her place of death. So I would place the Pussywillows somewhere in the riverlands (probably near the border with the Reach and Crownlands as to not be too far from the Redgrass Field, whose precise location is also unknown) rather than King's Landing.

Also the Pussywillows had an old squire that lived nearby to train young Glendon but no knight to knght him until Ser Morgan Dunstable of Tumbler's Falls (a place known to be in the riverlands) showed up at the brothel one day. If the Pussywillows was in King's Landing, Glendon wouldn't lack of squires and knights around to train and knight him.

What say you, people ?

As Jenny was a camp follower, I disagree that we can say that the brothel must have been near the location of the Redgrass Field.  Her following an army during a war does not mean that her eventual place of work was located near the final battle.

I agree with all other points.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

@Rhaenys_Targaryen Brandon Stark's (Ned's brother) wiki page, as well as every family tree he's in, states as a fact that he had bastard children. The source for this statement is the SSM: Asshai.com Interview in Barcelona. However, when you read Martin's answer in that source he only says that "It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children." and that "He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited." So, GRRM didn't explicitly say that Brandon had bastard children, he said that he could very well have had. This shouldn't be treated in the wiki as a confirmation, when it's only an assumption.

9 hours ago, Old Valyria said:

@Rhaenys_Targaryen Brandon Stark's (Ned's brother) wiki page, as well as every family tree he's in, states as a fact that he had bastard children. The source for this statement is the SSM: Asshai.com Interview in Barcelona. However, when you read Martin's answer in that source he only says that "It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children." and that "He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited." So, GRRM didn't explicitly say that Brandon had bastard children, he said that he could very well have had. This shouldn't be treated in the wiki as a confirmation, when it's only an assumption.

I agree. I don't know who added it, but I will remove it.

14 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

@Ran, noticed a strange thing on the wiki today. Not all edits are being displayed on the page of Recent Changes, so something seems to be going wrong there.

Can you give me an example of pages that have been edited that are not appearing?

11 hours ago, Ran said:

Can you give me an example of pages that have been edited that are not appearing?

The Brandon Stark page does not show up on the overview at all, while for the page on the Dragonpit, only one of few edits is shown.

The edits are all being saved, though, but this does suggest that something is not working as it should.

2 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

The Brandon Stark page does not show up on the overview at all, while for the page on the Dragonpit, only one of few edits is shown.

The edits are all being saved, though, but this does suggest that something is not working as it should.

Right! I think I know the cause, and will talk to Sparks about it. We had an old PHP 7.0 install lying around despite having switched to 7.3. a long time ago, and removing the 7.0 install seems to have left some things wonky.

• 2 weeks later...

Rown Gold-Tree, who was so bereft when her lover left her for a rich rival that she wrapped an apple in her golden hair, planted it upon a hill, and grew a tree whose bark and leaves and fruit were gleaming yellow gold, and to whose daughters the Rowans of Goldengrove trace their roots.

The World of Ice and Fire - The Reach: Garth Greenhand

Do you agree that the golden tree on House Rowan's coat-of-arms is an apple tree ?

Edited by Thomaerys Velaryon