The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Since the High Septon attended the Great Council there is a chance that Septa Rhaella was there, too, as part of his retinue ... if she was still alive. But in light of the fact that she isn't mentioned as being present or as being one of the claimants - which she would have been considering that Vaegon and a number of bastards were also considered - chances are very high that we should imagine her as being dead by that time.

But yes, Rhaella must have lived at least until 73 AC at Oldtown.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:24 PM, Lord Varys said:

Since the High Septon attended the Great Council there is a chance that Septa Rhaella was there, too, as part of his retinue ... if she was still alive. But in light of the fact that she isn't mentioned as being present or as being one of the claimants - which she would have been considering that Vaegon and a number of bastards were also considered - chances are very high that we should imagine her as being dead by that time.

That's a really good point. Everything seems to indicate Rhaella died in between 73 and 101 AC then.

7 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

When the great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchild of a Targaryen lord from Dragonstone can make a claim, it could basically be anyone with some distant relation.

Lame but very true. (I wonder if there are more Targs from the pre-Conquest era?)

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Silverhill

Where do we get the name Silverhill? Is it only from here? https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Houses/6/

The only canon name I can find is on the book maps and TLOIAF, both call it Silverhall. So that should be the canon name, rather than Silverhill.

Or one can make separate entries for them, assuming Silverhall is another place, rather than the seat of House Serrett.

Oh I find it is Silverhall in James Sinclair's The South and Iron Islands maps for AFFC 1st ed. 

In Jeffrey Ward's AFFC maps, it's Silverhall in The South map, Silverhill in Iron Islands map.

Even weird thing: Werthead find a version of James Sinclair's Iron Islands map with Silverhill  AFFC: https://atlasoficeandfireblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/the-maps-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-a-feast-for-crows/

So it seems Silverhill is correct after all.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gorzhak_zo_Eraz

Gorzhak, along with his other two supreme commanders and Bloodbeard, present the head of captain Groleo to Hizdahr zo Loraq and demand the deaths of Daenerys Targaryen's dragons in return for the release of the other hostages Hero, Daario Naharis and Jhogo.[4]

I guess this is incorrect? Of the three slavers presenting the head, we can only sure one of them is the Rabbit (his rabbit teeth betrayed him), we don't know the other two.

One slaver wore a tokar of maroon silk fringed with gold, one a striped tokar of teal and orange, the third an ornate breastplate inlaid with erotic scenes done in jet and jade and mother-of-pearl...the Yunkish lord in the striped tokar, a small man with a receding chin and teeth too big for his mouth.

But since Barry didn't know the names of them, we can assume they are not among the seven who came to the pit, ie., not Yurkhaz,  Little Pigeon and Drunken Conqueror. Also they can't be Malazza, Grazdan mo Eraz, and Yezzan.

Thus I assume the other two are two of the following: Wobblecheeks, Pudding Face, Beastmaster, Charioteer, Perfumed Hero, Clanker Lords.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:02 AM, Ran said:

Right! I think I know the cause, and will talk to Sparks about it. We had an old PHP 7.0 install lying around despite having switched to 7.3. a long time ago, and removing the 7.0 install seems to have left some things wonky.

I don't know if you had time to look at the problem since but he still persists.

Just now, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I don't know if you had time to look at the problem since but he still persists.

Unfortunately there's something weird going on with the server and we've not yet been able to pin it down as of yet. Been a bit on the back burner, but once we've time we'll poke around some more and try to figure out what is going on.

The title Lord of Nightsong disappears in the latest update of ADWD kindle edition:

• {BRYCE CARON}, Lord of NightsongMarches, slain by Ser Philip Foote on the Blackwater,
• his slayer, SER PHILIP FOOTE, a one-eyed knight, Lord of 
NightsongMarches,
• his baseborn half-brother, SER ROLLAND STORM, called THE BASTARD OF NIGHTSONG, pretender Lord of 
NightsongMarches,

Though it should be Lord of the Marches instead...

Edited by zionius

3 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

@zionius

Lord of Matches really ? Sure it isn't Lord of the Marches rather ?

Yep. Lord Caron had both titles in F&B, so this is not a big issue I guess, though they missed "the" somehow.

Other trivial updates are listed in https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/k57eo5/spoilers_main_minor_errors_corrected_in_latest/

@zionius I'm more concerned about the spelling MaRches vs. MaTches rather than the "the" missing, the Carons are Marcher lords from the Dornish Marches afterall. As far as I know they are not associated with matches unlike the candles of House Waxley for example. Did I miss something ?

Edited by Thomaerys Velaryon