The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Don't remember where the last errata thread was, so posting it here.

The Worldbook says:

But of all the new dragonriders, the worst were the drunkard named Ulf the Sot, who took the name Ulf the White once knighted

and

When Rhaenyra learned of the betrayal of Hugh Hammer and Ulf the White at First Tumbleton

and

FIRST BATTLE OF TUMBLETON, where the Two Betrayers (dragonriders Ulf the White and Hugh Hammer) turned their cloaks

and

SILVERWING (Ser Ulf the White)

But F&B says Ulf went by the name Ulf White.

At present I'm inclined to them being left in a single page. Some show-only characters may be inspired by actual characters in some fashion, and then their description on that collected page could link to the character they were inspired by (I'm thinking of someone like Locke taking Vargo Hoat's role to some degree).

The Wiki says that Ethan Glover was born in or before 274 AC. Granted, we don't know for sure how old he was during Robert's Rebellion, but since he was Brandon Stark's squire, and Brandon was 20 when he died, it seems very likely that Ethan was younger than that, maybe even significantly so. Yet the image used on his page shows a man in his 30s or 40s. Is there maybe a more fitting one that can be used? 

@Ran I'd like to create an article for the collection of laws passed by Jaehaerys I Targaryen.

Where his grandsire, King Aegon, had left the laws of the Seven Kingdoms to the vagaries of local tradition and custom, Jaehaerys created the first unified code, so that from the North to the Dornish Marches, the realm shared a single rule of law.

-TWOIAF, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I

I'm a bit confused on the following quote.

Confusion and disorder were offensive to Jaehaerys Targaryen, and with the help of his “smaller council,” he set out to “clean the stables.” “These Seven Kingdoms have one single king. It is time they had a single law as well.” A task so monumental would not be one year’s work, or ten’s; simply gathering, organizing, and studying the existing laws would require two years, and the reforms that followed would continue for decades. Yet here is where the Great Code of Septon Barth (who in the end would contribute thrice as much as any other man to the Books of Law that resulted) began, in that autumn year of 55 AC.

-Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Trumphs and Tragedies

Is the entire collection of laws simply called the "Books of Law" and one big part of it is called the "Great Code of Septon Barth" ? Or the other way around ?

Also I am right to assume its those laws who were later reformed by Viserys II ?

There are those who write that many of the follies of the Young Dragon and Baelor the Blessed originated in Prince Viserys, while others argue that Viserys moderated the worst of their obsessions as best he could. Though his reign lasted little more than a year, it is instructive to consider his reforms of the royal household and its functions; the establishment of a new royal mint; his efforts to increase trade across the narrow sea; and his revisions of the code of laws that Jaehaerys the Conciliator had established during his long reign.

-TWOIAF, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys II

I believe your reading is correct: The Books of Law are a multi-volume collection of books, including the Great Code of Septon Barth among them. Viserys II's revisions of the code of laws refers to general revisions to the Books of Law that were established in Jaehaerys's reign.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Hi guys, the House of the Dragon article on the Wiki apparently has a template error somewhere as a category called "Pages containing cite templates with deprecated parameters" appears. Does anyone know where the problem come from ?

I fixed it. The problem was calling Template:Cite web with the parameter "access-date". Apparently the template only takes the parameter "accessdate" without hyphen.

2 minutes ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I've added the heraldry for several characters/Houses on those pages yesterday and today. The majority of the heraldry are working just fine but somehow those three bug.

Interesting. I think maybe we need to find out how to delete them.

@Ran, I already had this problem on June 29th, when I tried to add Maekar's personal heraldry to the "Tourney at Ashford Meadow" page.

Actually, I had the same problem when trying to use a different size for some images on a character's page. The thumbnail size it used before editing kept being just fine, but trying to create a smaller thumbnail by changing the pixel size in the File link caused an error.

Edited by Alyx Rivers