Mafia 63.5

House Targaryen

[u][b]POSSIBLE ROLES[/b][/u]

[b]
The Outsider Gossip Smurf aka The Piper Smurf[/b] (guard)

Ever since you have been born you were an outsider amongst the smurfs. You just could not smurf with anything they were saying. Sure, the sky [i]appears[/i] to be blue, but in fact that is an illusion and it is pink with yellow dots instead. While things like that appear as a fundamental truth to you, the other smurfs use to ignore your unique wisdom.

Sometimes the smurfs get paralyzed when they are listening to your sophisticated thoughts. They're not able to smurf anything in that time. Usually that happens when you try to discuss with someone that you don't give a smurf about.

[i]You may guard the player that you did vote for, but only if [u]at most[/u] one other smurf did vote for him. In case that there are only four or less smurfs remaining you cannot use your power anymore, since you refuse to share your wisdom when there's not enough audience that listens to you.[/i]

[b]
The Secret Invincible Smurf aka The Whiskeyjack Smurf[/b] (bulletproof)

In one of your recent adventures out there in the woods you have been captured by Gargamel. Before he could turn you into a smurf sandwich you managed to escape, but during your run you fell into one of the weird wizard's potions.

The good news is that the potion made you invincible to every smurfish thing that should be done to you after sunset. The bad news is that you have no clue that you have that power, since you spend the time after sunset with sleeping. The worst news is that Gargamel saw you falling into the potion, so he [i]knows [/i]that you cannot be harmed at night.

[i]You are immune against all night actions. You won't be told that you have that role, but the Evil Smurfs will know your special abilities.[/i]

[b]The Mason Smurf aka The Kat Smurf[/b] (healer)

You love stone and rocks. Really, the smurfiest thing for you is to cut them and turn them into the most beautiful statues. What makes your work a little troublesome is the fact that by smurfish social standards rocks are disgusting and hated. And there is no bigger affront to a smurf than to work his shape into a piece of stone. Hence, the others think your art is unsmurfish and so you have a hard time finding a model.

But then there's no problem a real smurf cannot solve. When the smurfs won't come to the mason, the mason must go to the smurfs! That's why you visit them at night when they're dreaming sweet dreams (that don't include any rocks) and abduct them into your studio.

While the chosen smurf might curse you for the heresy you have done with him, he should better be thankful that the evil smurfs found an empty bed when they tried to, uhm, care for him.

However, one night is way to short to finish your work, so you have to abduct the same smurf multiple times to turn a stone into a masterwork.

[i]You are a healer. Once in the game you might choose a smurf that you want to protect. You wil protect that smurf during the whole game afterwards. You are not able to choose another smurf afterwards.[/i]

[b]The Clouded Smurf aka The Lany Smurf[/b] (night action finder)

You are a smurf that knows that it's neither the past nor the future that is important, but the here and now. When being busy with a task, you show excellent skills as your focus is on your work. The real problems start for you when your work is done. What did you do before? What did you plan to do at home? And, most importantly: where the smurf is your home?

As hard as you try, you never know where you have to go when the day is over. You know it's not your fault, since all the smurfs' houses look pretty much the same. So, each night when you search your home you sneak into all the houses until you have found your bed. That's why you know which smurf has been lying in his bed and which smurf has been out. Well, at least you should know that, but in the morning you can remember only one house that you have visited.

[i]Each night you can send the name of a player to the mods. The next morning you will know if that player has been laying in his bed or not during the night.

The following players will not be found sleeping in their beds by you:

The Outsider Gossip Smurf, the Mason Smurf and the Smurf That Has Been Chosen As A Model (STHBCAAM) by the Mason Smurf. Oh, and of course you won't find the Evil Smurfs at home - at least those that are performing evil actions![/i]

[b]
The Evil Smurf[/b] (Faceless Man)

In fact you are not a smurf, but a clone made by Gargamel. Your task is to get the control over Smurf Town so that you can lead all the smurfs to the home of your master so Gargamel will finally get his revenge against those blue bastards.

[i]Each night you can abduct one smurf and you will bring him to Gargamel's hut where he gets prepared for The Great Smurf Plate that will be served once the village is yours.

This task requires only one smurf, while the other(s) spend(s) his/their night sleeping. Therefore the Evil Smurfs have to name one of their midst who is performing the action while the other(s) is/are innocently sleeping in their beds.[/i]

[b]

ETA: The game will have a weak CF (faction only)[/b]

[b]RULES[/b]

All players must ..

1) Have an account on the the [url="http://mafia.perendination.com/board/index.php?act=idx"]mafia discussion board[/url], with the same account name as on this board.

2) Log in and view the thread and the discussion board anonymously at all times, unless they have informed the mods that this is not possible for technical reasons

3) Post at least once every 30 hours. Any player who has not posted within the last 30 hours will be automatically modkilled, whether or not the mods announce this on the thread. There will be no exceptions.

4) Send in role prescribed night actions (including the desire to take no action) within the time limit

5) Treat everybody else playing with courtesy and respect.

6) Make any edits the mods request of them as soon as possible, whether or not they believe that the posts need to be edited.

7) Contact the game mods as soon as possible if they feel they are at risk of breaking a rule or fear they or another person may have already done so.

[b]Players must not ...[/b]

1) Act in any way intended to reduce the chance of their faction achieving its win conditions. (However, should all surviving members of a faction agree that they wish to resign and end the game early, they may do so by PMing the mods privately, without stating their intentions on-thread until the mods post to announce that the game is over.)

2) Discuss the game with any other living players outside this game thread except when told they may do so in their role PMs.

3) Reveal any information about the game at all in any other thread than this one, or in any other forum (including message boards and chat rooms) where it may be seen by a living player.

4) Give anybody access to any of their accounts (including game alts, if the game is using them), either here or on the mafia discussion board.

5) Attempt to obtain advice about the game from anybody not currently playing.

6) Post information on the thread relating to another player's past or current activity on (or absence from) the board that would not otherwise be available to anybody reading the thread.

7) Quote, in whole or part, PMs from (or other private conversations with) the mods on the thread, or discuss the timing of any PMs sent to the mods.

8) Post on the thread at any time after they are dead until the mods themselves post on the thread to announce that the game is over. Any posts accidently made after death should be immediately edited blank.

9) Make any bets about the game.

10) Offer to break any of these rules or any other rules the mods have set in place for the game, encourage others to do so or help to conceal the fact that rules have been broken.

[b]
AND JUST SO YOU KNOW[/b]

1) Failure to comply with the rules may result in any punishment the mods deem appropriate, including, but not limited to: a request to edit posts; formal warnings on thread; "modkilling", and ending the game prematurely in favor of one faction or none. The mods will also report rule infractions to the metamods after the game. Except where clearly stated in the rules, the mods are free to respond to any rules violation in whatever manner they wish. In all cases the mods' decision on these matters is final.

2) Feel free to PM or IM your thoughts (or questions) to the mods. We love to hear them!

3) The mods reserve the right to amend the rules during the game if we realize we've forgotten to cover something.

-------------------------

As well as running the game on this thread, the mods are also responsible for administering the spoiler spectator thread on the discussion board. Anybody not actively involved in the game (whether spectators or dead players) can request access to this thread by PMing the mods. If you have not posted on the spoiler board before and are not currently playing the game, please sign up on the spoiler board and post in the introduction thread before asking for spoiler access. Please not that while in general the mods will be happy to let anybody have access to this thread, they do reserve the right to refuse access to anybody for any reason. Accordingly, please do not ask anybody other than the mods for access to the spoiler thread or give yourself access to it, even if you have the power to do so.

Once given access to the thread, spoiled spectators should also take note of the following rules, and must not ...

1) Share any information from the spoiler spectator thread with living players, or post such in a forum where it may be seen by living players.

2) Offer any advice, hints or strategy to living players.

3) Make personal attacks

4) Post on the game thread before the mods announce that the game is over.

Spectators (of any sort) who ignore these rules are likely to have their access to the spoiler thread revoked and/or to be reported to the metamods.

• 2 weeks later...
[b]ALT RULES[/b]

In this game all the players will be using alts.

1) Players must not post in any thread other than the game thread using their game alt. Any posts accidently made in another thread should be edited blank as soon as possible.

2) Players must not change the password to their game alt that the mods picked for them.

When posting in the game thread, all active players must take care not to:

1) Post using any account other than their game alt. Any posts made 'out of alt' must be edited blank, and players must not make any comment on their contents in the game thread.

2) Deliberately reveal any information relating to the identity behind the alt of any player (living or dead) or to any aspect of their identity (including their geographic location and their level of experience in playing mafia).

3) Speculate about the identity behind the alt of any player (living or dead) or on any aspect of their identity (including their geographic location and their level of experience in playing mafia).

4) Claim or hint at having any knowledge of, or having made any assumptions about, the identity behind the alt of any other player (living or dead)..

The mods reserve the right to edit any posts that do not comply with these rules, and may take further action if they feel it necessary.

In addition, all players and spectators should obey the following rules, and must not:

1) Either confirm or deny if they are playing in the game if this information may be seen by living players.

2) Speculate about, or reveal any information relating to, the identity behind the game alt of any player (living or dead) where this speculation or information may be seen or heard by living players.

[u][b]Special rules:[/b][/u]

- day 1 will last 36 hours, the remaining days 30 hours

- nights will last 8 hours. Please remember that you can send provisionals to the mods.

- modkill timelimit will be 24 hours. If one player should be modkilled on day 1, I will try to find a replacement.

- there will be a weak CF (faction only)

All is not right in the tiny smurf village. In the last few days, some of your fellow smurfs vanished during the night, and no one knows a smurf what happened to them. The worst thing is that Papa Smurf has been on a journey to buy some new red hats from the wood witches, after some of the smurfs called him 'Captain Orange'. The smurfs are a a bit desperate and they argue with each other what is the smurfiest thing to do. Like always, there efforts to come to a conclusion ends into a chaotic yelling battle.

"WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP THIS!"

Everyone immediatly stops argueing after hearing Papa Smurf's voice. Some point with their fingers at each other, murmuring excuses for their bad behaviour.

"What is going on here?" Papa Smurf wants to know. After he has heard the reason for their argument, he frowns and says:

"Well, when I walked through the wood I had a look at Gargamel's hut. I wanted to know what the sorcerer planned to do to us. Alas, when I came there he was in a good mood, and he told Azrael that all the smurfs would soon be his. He explained that he managed to kidnap two smurfs who were replaced by evil smurf clones. Have any of you been in the woods recently?"

The smurfs explain that there has been an expedition of ten smurfs looking for mushrooms.

"All right, looks like we will find those evil smurfs amongst these ten", says Papa Smurf.

The other smurfs agree with Papa Smurf. "But what will we do with them?" someone asks.

"Each day I will test one of them. I will make a potion that will identify the evil smurfs. Unfortunatly, it only works at sunset, so we can only test one smurf each day."

"And who is going to decide which smurf we are going to test?"

"They will decide it themselves. This just seems fair enough, since the test will most likely kill a smurf", decides the wise Papa Smurf. "It's also more fun then!"

Hey all, just little old me popping in to say I'm here, I'm alive, but I have to go out do girly things for a few hours, so won't be participating in early play! Still, with legs like mine I can get away with taking the odd liberty!

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

10 players have not voted: Brainy, Greedy, Grouchy, Handy, Harmony, Hefty, Jokey, Lazy Smurf, Smurfette, Vanity.

[i]Have to leave for work now. Don't do something stupid, smurfs, while I am away![/i]

Howdy folks! Smurf-based mini mafia game? Now i've seen everything :)

To let you know already, I shan't have a lot of time, and also am going away on wednesday so can only [s]play[/s] participate in finding the evil clone smurfs until then, but Papa smurf does know already. But I am confident we can find the baddies before then. :)

ETA: ha! looks like low participation is appropriate for my alt!

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1744589' date='Apr 4 2009, 09.23']Howdy folks! Smurf-based mini mafia game? Now i've seen everything :)

To let you know already, I shan't have a lot of time, and also am going away on wednesday so can only [s]play[/s] participate in finding the evil clone smurfs until then, but Papa smurf does know already. But I am confident we can find the baddies before then. :)

ETA: ha! looks like low participation is appropriate for my alt![/quote]

I really hope you'll be able to have at least a Smurf amount of participation. I know this Smurf took a while to start up, but the only way we will smurf the baddies by your deadline is if every smurf helps by being active.

[quote name='Lazy Smurf' post='1744589' date='Apr 4 2009, 15.23']Howdy folks! Smurf-based mini mafia game? Now i've seen everything :)

ETA: ha! looks like low participation is appropriate for my alt![/quote]

Why is it that every game there are a certain number of players that sign up and then the first thing they say is that they don't have time to play?

Archived